Author Topic: Trump And His Administration (Day to Day Thread)  (Read 10588 times)

2short, moiso and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Re: Trump And His Administration (Day to Day Thread)
« Reply #165 on: September 06, 2017, 07:48:41 PM »

Offline Greenback

• Gordon Hayward
  • Tommy Points: 50
  • Gimme a break!
The Donald cuts a deal with Democrats, Schumer, Peolosi...

Perhaps DJT is thinking how effective LBJ's political style was - and is attempting to form a similar bipartisan coalition to get things done like tax reform, healthcare, the wall, infrastructure, etc...DJT would be crazy like a fox if he did...

Remember your history, LBJ got civil rights, voting rights, medicare, medicaid, overhaul immigration, food stamps, aid to education,  etc, all in 2 years!

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/06/politics/trump-meeting-with-democrats-deal/index.html

Nobody told me there would be days like these.  Ainge days indeed.

« Reply #166 on: September 06, 2017, 08:34:27 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 5113

Perhaps DJT is thinking how effective LBJ's political style was - and is attempting to form a similar bipartisan coalition to get things done like tax reform, healthcare, the wall, infrastructure, etc...DJT would be crazy like a fox if he did...

Remember your history, LBJ got civil rights, voting rights, medicare, medicaid, overhaul immigration, food stamps, aid to education,  etc, all in 2 years!

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/06/politics/trump-meeting-with-democrats-deal/index.html
Or maybe he is starting to see just how dysfunctional Congressional Republicans are and decided to cut the deals Congressional Republicans should be making. Considering just how...uninformed, egotistical, narcissistic and uneducated Trump appears, I seriously doubt he knows anything about LBJ and how LBJ did things.

As for the bill...why couldn't Congress just pass a clean humanitarian bill and send a clean $8 billion relief bill through.

« Reply #167 on: September 07, 2017, 12:28:05 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 34

finally happy to see that something is getting done. As I stated before, I will praise DJT when he does something great and will criticize when necessary. Now, when I looked at my FoxNews app, somehow they didn't cover it. I won't go as far as saying that Fox News didn't cover it on TV, but I didn't see it on the app. Now can someone please explain why not ???

BTW, Greenbeck, you are starting to impress me with your news source. I'm not saying that CNN is the best but IMO, sure beats those other internet news sources (TownHall, Breithbart, etc) that you have posted before. I'll take it as a ray of light for you! Kudos to you!

« Reply #168 on: September 08, 2017, 01:05:15 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 651
  • Mr. Emoji
Sadly, one third of the country will believe whatever claims he makes no matter how believable those claims are. When politicians make claims, I usually go do some research, or have already read some news about the claim, before making my mind up on the veracity of the claim.

Have done this ever since Clinton's lies about his affair. Can't believe that in today's era of instant information availability that people don't do the same.

It wouldn't matter, they wouldn't believe it. There are no more facts anymore, that's what Trump's accomplished here. He didn't build the post-facts cake, but he did put the frosting on it.

And he knows frosting.  He has the best frosting.

« Reply #169 on: September 08, 2017, 01:43:44 AM »

Offline matteo

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 128

finally happy to see that something is getting done. As I stated before, I will praise DJT when he does something great and will criticize when necessary. Now, when I looked at my FoxNews app, somehow they didn't cover it. I won't go as far as saying that Fox News didn't cover it on TV, but I didn't see it on the app. Now can someone please explain why not ???

BTW, Greenbeck, you are starting to impress me with your news source. I'm not saying that CNN is the best but IMO, sure beats those other internet news sources (TownHall, Breithbart, etc) that you have posted before. I'll take it as a ray of light for you! Kudos to you!

I actually saw it on fox news and on your advice opened up the app and it was on the first page under "latest news"

« Reply #170 on: September 08, 2017, 06:28:10 PM »

Offline chicagoceltic

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 64
I am happy to see that President Trump appears to be following through with his pledge of donating 1 million dollars to Hurricane Harvey relief.  It is also good to see that it is a personal donation rather than from his foundation.  Good for him on this.

Link:  http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/06/politics/trump-harvey-donation/index.html
Pub Draft

Sam N Ella's

At the Bar: The Most Interesting Man in the World
At the Door:  Hugh Hefner
On Stage:  O.A.R., Louis C.K., EDGAR! Special Drinks:  Irish Car Bomb, Martinis On Tap: Lite, Beamish, 3 Floyds Seasonal, Chimay Grand Reserve, Spotted Cow

« Reply #171 on: September 13, 2017, 12:43:12 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • Walter Brown
  • Tommy Points: -28032
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .

Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat.  CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012;
DKC Draft 2015 Champions and beyond...

« Reply #172 on: September 13, 2017, 01:19:54 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2307
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

« Reply #173 on: September 13, 2017, 01:21:04 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 34
This headline pretty much says it all:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/alex-jones-claims-trump-is-being-covertly-drugged/article/2634024

This is what gets me about Alex Jones and InfoWars. He puts something out there - with no real proof. His followers will then either say its true and start with the 'deep state' argument OR they will say that he, like Fox News, is being satirical and he's joking (controlling the narrative). His followers will then think its gospel and run with it (see PizzaGate).

There's no way real way to oppose him or is '(fake) news reporting'. When you say he's a hack which has been proven (in his own words in his divorce proceedings)  - his base will say look at  (Soros, Obama, Hillary). When you say he's telling the truth - even though you may not truly believe him, his base seems will be emboldened.
Please bring back the truth docrtrine for reporting!

« Reply #174 on: September 16, 2017, 09:45:55 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2277
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
1) Mueller has hired one of the best money laundering prosecutors in the country for the Russia probe.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/money-laundering-prosecutor-joins-trump-russia-probe

2) Ex-Trump staffers are coming forward complaining about how they're not being taken care of re legal fees, feeling 'hung out to dry' by admin.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ex-trump-staffer-says-us-121200476.html

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #175 on: September 17, 2017, 02:44:00 PM »

Offline Greenback

• Gordon Hayward
  • Gimme a break!

« Reply #176 on: September 17, 2017, 04:12:04 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 5113
Sense of humor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRj3HDil8bc
I am not a fan of our President acting like an immature teenager and tweeting stuff like this. Its ridiculous.

« Reply #177 on: September 17, 2017, 04:47:08 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2277
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Sense of humor:

I am not a fan of our President acting like an immature teenager and tweeting stuff like this. Its ridiculous.

Stephen King said: "Trump thinks hitting a woman with a golf ball and knocking her down is funny. Myself, I think it indicates a severely (messed)-up mind."

And like...have you guys read the ending of It? Stephen King knows a thing or two about head troubles.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #178 on: September 17, 2017, 05:33:23 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2307
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
This isn't a top 100 issue, but this article on Trump's inauguration fundraising and expenses is really something:

https://apnews.com/0756ba7480444895b4fabc9a2f0909b3

Some of the highlights:

- A concert featuring Toby Keith, Three Doors Down, and a YouTube piano act cost them $25 million to put on. For comparison, Obama's 2009 inaugural threw a concert involving Beyonce, U2, Bruce Springsteen, and others for twice as many people, which cost less than $5 million.  W's inaugural concert cost about $2.5 million.

- Leftover money from the record-setting $107 million in donations was supposed to be donated to charity. None has been donated so far.

- The chairman of the inaugural committee claims their finances were thoroughly audited by a third party, but would not provide a copy or identify who did it. Other associated people are claiming no such audit occurred.

Is there any other explanation for this outside of some mix of A. Gross incompetence, and B. Money laundering/patronage handouts via overbilling?  I'm really having a hard time thinking of any.

« Reply #179 on: September 18, 2017, 02:43:24 PM »

Offline Greenback

• Gordon Hayward
  • Gimme a break!
Sense of humor:

Stephen King said: "Trump thinks hitting a woman with a golf ball and knocking her down is funny. Myself, I think it indicates a severely (messed)-up mind."

And like...have you guys read the ending of It? Stephen King knows a thing or two about head troubles.

You read Stephen King?  You are joking, right?