Author Topic: Trump And His Administration (Day to Day Thread)  (Read 11460 times)

Re: Trump And His Administration (Day to Day Thread)
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2017, 12:55:02 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2278
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Donald Trump gives one of the all time 'Im not sorry' speeches where he very inaccurately excoriates the media and implies he's gonna pardon Sheriff Joe and also doubles down on 'they're killing our heritage' and Danny Freaking Ainge trades IT, Crowder, Zizic, and the 2018 BKN pick and I'm honestly more worked up about the trade.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2017, 12:03:42 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1023
This is the most bizarre thing I was completely unaware of until now.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-blacks-for-trump-guy-rally-20170823-story.html

The presence of Michael the Black Man - variously known as Michael Symonette, Maurice Woodside and Mikael Israel - has inspired not only trending Twitter hashtags but a great deal of curiosity and Google searches. Internet sleuths find the man's bizarre URL, a easily-accessible gateway to his strange and checkered past.

The radical fringe activist from Miami once belonged to a violent black supremacist religious cult and he runs a handful of amateur, unintelligible conspiracy websites. He has called Barack Obama "The Beast" and Hillary Clinton a Ku Klux Klan member. Oprah, he says, is the devil.

Uh, what the heck?

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2017, 01:41:58 PM »

Offline blink

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-blacks-for-trump-guy-rally-20170823-story.html

The presence of Michael the Black Man - variously known as Michael Symonette, Maurice Woodside and Mikael Israel - has inspired not only trending Twitter hashtags but a great deal of curiosity and Google searches. Internet sleuths find the man's bizarre URL, a easily-accessible gateway to his strange and checkered past.

The radical fringe activist from Miami once belonged to a violent black supremacist religious cult and he runs a handful of amateur, unintelligible conspiracy websites. He has called Barack Obama "The Beast" and Hillary Clinton a Ku Klux Klan member. Oprah, he says, is the devil.

Uh, what the heck?

TP for link.  Gotta be one of the strangest Trump stories...I don't claim to understand Trump, but cherry picking / placing that guy right behind Trump is crazy.

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2017, 02:39:46 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • Walter Brown
  • Tommy Points: -28020
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .

Uh, what the heck?

TP for link.  Gotta be one of the strangest Trump stories...I don't claim to understand Trump, but cherry picking / placing that guy right behind Trump is crazy.

Trump is in the Mike Tyson zone, where just about any crazy story is believable.

He prominently placed a former black supremacist / current conspiracy theory at his rallies? Of course he did.

Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat.  CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012;
DKC Draft 2015 Champions and beyond...

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2017, 06:50:29 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 2359
At least President Trump called for UNITY today during his American Legion speech.

I'm praying for this man to do MORE speeches like this.

I want to believe it's from the heart and I want to believe he's TRYING.
Marcus Smart "Impacts Winning." Boston Celtics Coach Brad Stevens

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2017, 06:54:54 PM »

Offline blink

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
More counter-productive stuff oozing from the mouth of our supreme overlord of crazy...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/23/us/politics/trump-wall-flake.html

On Tuesday night, he told a rowdy crowd in Phoenix, “If we have to close down our government, we’re building that wall.”

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2017, 07:13:02 PM »

Offline chicagoceltic

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 64
My fears of Mr. Trump as President were that he was ill-suited, ill-prepared and ill-mannered to be President.  As much as I disagreed with his policies during his campaign it was his rhetoric that scared me the most.  Last night's speech reinforced my fears.  Again he has shown that he will continue to be thin-skinned, bombastic, divisive and does not have the diplomacy needed to lead and get things accomplished.  If he wants to have any success with his agenda he needs to "turn down the Trump" in order to get anyone in Washington to work with him.
Pub Draft

Sam N Ella's

At the Bar: The Most Interesting Man in the World
At the Door:  Hugh Hefner
On Stage:  O.A.R., Louis C.K., EDGAR! Special Drinks:  Irish Car Bomb, Martinis On Tap: Lite, Beamish, 3 Floyds Seasonal, Chimay Grand Reserve, Spotted Cow

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2017, 07:14:36 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1190
I like Trump more than Kyrie Irving. That's my analysis of recent events, including Phoenix. 
"As far as playing, I didn't care who guarded me - red, yellow, black. I just didn't want a white guy guarding me, because it's disrespect to my game."
-Larry Bird

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2017, 07:26:39 PM »

Offline 2short

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 408

Uh, what the heck?

Trump is in the Mike Tyson zone, where just about any crazy story is believable.

He prominently placed a former black supremacist / current conspiracy theory at his rallies? Of course he did.
funny thing is I at first thought this was a made up "fake news" thing
I'd hope security keeps a close eye on this nut job(mike the black man, not trump) what if he changes his mind (again) while standing so close to our government officials??

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2017, 07:51:22 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1214
At least President Trump called for UNITY today during his American Legion speech.

Unlike my conservative friends who eight years ago were completely done with Obama after 2 months, I am hoping every day that I have him wrongly pegged and that he's going to show some presidential skill.   I watched a good 30 minutes of his performance in Phoenix frequently shuddering in disbelief that this man is the POTUS and perhaps the most powerful man on Earth.  He was an embarrassment to America last night despite saying the word unity a few times.  2020 cannot come soon enough.

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2017, 12:05:46 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 5114
Another day, another resignation, this time the science envoy to the State Department. Funny thing is the first letter in each paragraph of the resignation letter spells out IMPEACH". Ha!

Has any other president in recent memory have so many resignations and firings directly due to the president's actions, words and policies?

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2017, 12:15:37 PM »

Offline chicagoceltic

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 64
Another day, another resignation, this time the science envoy to the State Department. Funny thing is the first letter in each paragraph of the resignation letter spells out IMPEACH". Ha!

Has any other president in recent memory have so many resignations and firings directly due to the president's actions, words and policies?
I read somewhere that the first letter in each paragraph from the Arts Council (I am not sure of their official name) spelled out "resist".
Pub Draft

Sam N Ella's

At the Bar: The Most Interesting Man in the World
At the Door:  Hugh Hefner
On Stage:  O.A.R., Louis C.K., EDGAR! Special Drinks:  Irish Car Bomb, Martinis On Tap: Lite, Beamish, 3 Floyds Seasonal, Chimay Grand Reserve, Spotted Cow

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2017, 12:24:35 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 380

Did you pay any attention to what he said? Sure, he called for unity, and then he started ripping people apart, spewing lies left and right.

The man is a conman. The sad part is that he isn't even a good one and so many people are tricked. Never has a man been given so much in life for doing so little and attempted to convince everyone he's some sort of victim. 

It boggles the mind.

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2017, 12:35:32 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 5114

I read somewhere that the first letter in each paragraph from the Arts Council (I am not sure of their official name) spelled out "resist".
That's correct.

http://nypost.com/2017/08/18/trumps

The whole council resigned. The Manufacturing and Business councils resigned. Various people in the White House have resigned or been fired. Its mind boggling to me that a US President could be so toxic.

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2017, 12:43:44 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468

Would you want to be a scientist in this administration?

"He blinded me with science!"