Author Topic: NBA investigating Lakers for "PG13 tampering" probe. Focus on Magic Johnson  (Read 3603 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20398462/magic-johnson-los-angeles-lakers-being-investigated-possible-tampering-regarding-paul-george

:D

Pacers filed tampering charges. Now the probe is underway and they might not be able to get George now

Los Angeles can be punished in several ways, including a loss of draft picks, financial fines up to $5 million, future restrictions on acquiring George and possible suspensions of offending officials.

The Lakers  cheated
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 05:28:22 PM by CelticsElite »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
No worries.

"IF" they lose PG 13 (provided that he even LEAVES OKC) then LeBron will soon be arriving anyways.

To be honest I am hoping (to some extent) for The Lakers revival. The two franchises with perhaps the GREATEST rivalry in ALL of sports SHOULD be competing against one another.

I truly want to play the Lakers more than TWICE per year. I want to play them in June, too.

You / we can hate Magic from a competitive standpoint but as a person / player / businessman he's VERY successful. Ms. Buss hiring him will pay HUGE dividends for The Lakers.

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
i have seen the "lebron to LA" story a number of times. please provide the sources to this? or is it all simply whim and wishing?

why would lebron leave cleveland to go to a team that is not good right now. and even if he and a few others go there, they will not jell as a team for 1-2 years and the young players have to develop.

all of this takes time, something lebron no longer has. i do not see the logic in him joining LA. SA? yes, i can see.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2501
Don't the Lakers automatically get the 2nd pick until they are contenders?  I think it's in the by-laws.

Maybe the penalty will be "No #2 for You" in 2018 (when they dont have their pick anyway). 

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
i have seen the "lebron to LA" story a number of times. please provide the sources to this? or is it all simply whim and wishing?

why would lebron leave cleveland to go to a team that is not good right now. and even if he and a few others go there, they will not jell as a team for 1-2 years and the young players have to develop.

all of this takes time, something lebron no longer has. i do not see the logic in him joining LA. SA? yes, i can see.

There are no sources (yet) for LeBron to The Lakers.

But to me it makes sense.

Where else would LeBron go? I'm sure he loves and respects Magic AND the fact that it's Hollywood would pay HUGE dividends for LeBron I'm sure.

I'm also certain that "IF" LeBron choose LA that Magic would not rest until he assembled pieces around him to compete right away.

Magic is building it and they will most certainly come.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SB16il97yw

Why "WOULDN'T" he want to go to LA? He'd be able to play against GSW a lot more times THEN as he would NOW.

He'd have a capable PG in place in Lonzo Ball. He has "SPECIAL" written all over him, Lonzo does.

Brandon Ingram will probably be better as well.

He'd have a capable coach in Luke Walton in place.

"IF" he leaves CLE his rep may take another hit but in the end what could CLE say? He brought them a Banner - something no other sports franchise there has done nor WILL do - at least for a while.

If CLE ownership can't assemble a team around LeBron then in the end I couldn't blame him for leaving once again. The narrative would be that while LeBron was WILLING to stay - he could NOT because the team choose to go in a different direction.

This would not be LeBron's fault.

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

There are no sources (yet) for LeBron to The Lakers.

But to me it makes sense.

Where else would LeBron go? I'm sure he loves and respects Magic AND the fact that it's Hollywood would pay HUGE dividends for LeBron I'm sure.

I'm also certain that "IF" LeBron choose LA that Magic would not rest until he assembled pieces around him to compete right away.

Magic is building it and they will most certainly come.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SB16il97yw

Why "WOULDN'T" he want to go to LA? He'd be able to play against GSW a lot more times THEN as he would NOW.

He'd have a capable PG in place in Lonzo Ball. He has "SPECIAL" written all over him, Lonzo does.

Brandon Ingram will probably be better as well.

He'd have a capable coach in Luke Walton in place.

"IF" he leaves CLE his rep may take another hit but in the end what could CLE say? He brought them a Banner - something no other sports franchise there has done nor WILL do - at least for a while.

If CLE ownership can't assemble a team around LeBron then in the end I couldn't blame him for leaving once again. The narrative would be that while LeBron was WILLING to stay - he could NOT because the team choose to go in a different direction.

This would not be LeBron's fault.
true

Plus lebron likes to shock the world every 4 years. I believe he does it for attention. So that would qualify.

We might see the return of Lakers vs Celtics finals matchup sooner than anyone thought if it happens

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
ALSO - LeBron could most certainly choose US, as well.

We are a lot further down the road to contention than LA.

But we're not HOLLYWOOD.

As much as I love Mark Wahlberg, Tom Brady and Ben Affleck they can't hold a candle to Hollywood.

Besides we've been too much of a thorn in LeBron's side for him to come to US.

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

But we're not HOLLYWOOD.

As much as I love Mark Wahlberg, Tom Brady and Ben Affleck they can't hold a candle to Hollywood.

the thing is we literally don't need lebron. We are set to contend for a decade with our current structure. Doubt danny wants to let a few pieces go to make room for 2 years of lebrons prime

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20398462/magic-johnson-los-angeles-lakers-being-investigated-possible-tampering-regarding-paul-george

:D

Pacers filed tampering charges. Now the probe is underway and they might not be able to get George now

Los Angeles can be punished in several ways, including a loss of draft picks, financial fines up to $5 million, future restrictions on acquiring George and possible suspensions of offending officials.

The Lakers  cheated
Well, Magic couldn't have made it more obvious (without actually saying something illegal) that he wanted PG13 from the moment he took the job.

That said, I think he'll get off easy.  LAL is just too valuable a franchise to the league.

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

But we're not HOLLYWOOD.

the thing is we literally don't need lebron. We are set to contend for a decade with our current structure. Doubt danny wants to let a few pieces go to make room for 2 years of lebrons prime

Agreed.

Besides, I'm turning my attention even moreso to The Duke Celtics (or the Boston Blue Devils). They are about to get a certain future Big that I'm loving more and more every day

Getting HIM will add to our Blue Devil crop of Jayson Tatum and will make LeBron James a bit more moot to me.

Get him ready for us, Coach K.

Offline ConnerHenry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
Don't the Lakers automatically get the 2nd pick until they are contenders?  I think it's in the by-laws.

Maybe the penalty will be "No #2 for You" in 2018 (when they dont have their pick anyway).

If Stern was still commissioner, the penalty would be "No #2 for the Lakers pick in 2018, even though it has been conveyed to the Celtics."

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I want the lakers and magic to rot in hell for eternity

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2477
The firm investigating the tampering is the same one who investigated Donaghy.

I think it's safe to say the Lakers will be fine.

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Find it interesting that the lakers say (according to the story) that there is no evidence of tampering.  Not that they didn't tamper, just that evidence does not exist.

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
The firm investigating the tampering is the same one who investigated Donaghy.

I think it's safe to say the Lakers will be fine.

Do you have a source on this? Im just curious.  I know the FBI investigated Donaghy and I thought they were the ones who informed the NBA originally but it's been awhile and I dont remember all the details.