Author Topic: Anime  (Read 4372 times)

Anime
« on: August 18, 2017, 10:20:13 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I've been here for some time, and I think most guys know I'm a teenager in HK. Being a child of the 00s, it's pretty normal that I watch anime. Just want to see if there are any "comrades" here, please list out some of your all time fav anime. Mine are Initial D, Fate/Apocrypha, Slam Dunk, Inuyasha, Bleach and YuYu Hakusho.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Re: Anime
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 10:38:08 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
I'm not a huge anime fan, but I appreciate really well done ones.

Samurai Champloo is my absolute favorite,  and I believe it is a master class on how to mesh visuals with amazing score to tell a great story.
#JKJB

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 10:39:05 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I know this is considered to be lame anime but i have been really enjoying Dragon Ball Super.  though I am ashamed to watch infront of my wife
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 10:42:34 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
my family is from HK, but I'm a late 80s/90s kid so I grew up with Dragon ball, Yu Yu Hakusho, Gundam Wing later Kenshin and Inuyasha. Watched some more anime in high school

Dragon Ball super is the only anime I've watched the last 10 years, pretty much stopped once I was in college.

I know this is considered to be lame anime but i have been really enjoying Dragon Ball Super.  though I am ashamed to watch infront of my wife

heh, the only reason why I watch DBS is out of fandom, I hated the fact they dumb down Goku so much compare to DBZ. Also hated how the characters appear to be much skinnier than DBZ. Not gonna lie, I actually quite hate the fact they gave Vegeta the armor back, I liked the jump suit he had during the Majin saga.

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 10:50:12 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
I like anime, but i am of a different century. I grew up with Astro Boy, aka Atom.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2017, 10:51:55 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
my family is from HK, but I'm a late 80s/90s kid so I grew up with Dragon ball, Yu Yu Hakusho, Gundam Wing later Kenshin and Inuyasha. Watched some more anime in high school

Dragon Ball super is the only anime I've watched the last 10 years, pretty much stopped once I was in college.

heh, the only reason why I watch DBS is out of fandom, I hated the fact they dumb down Goku so much compare to DBZ. Also hated how the characters appear to be much skinnier than DBZ. Not gonna lie, I actually quite hate the fact they gave Vegeta the armor back, I liked the jump suit he had during the Majin saga.
Yeah super has been a letdown tbh, although I am enjoying it. Btw Inuyasha was pretty good, I mean side plots were a bit much but overall it was pretty fun lol. Yu Yu Hakusho is arguably one of the best 90s anime so there's that :laugh:
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2017, 10:53:05 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
I like anime, but i am of a different century. I grew up with Astro Boy, aka Atom.  ;D
Haha TP
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2017, 10:55:55 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
I'm not a huge anime fan, but I appreciate really well done ones.

Samurai Champloo is my absolute favorite,  and I believe it is a master class on how to mesh visuals with amazing score to tell a great story.
Maybe try some 90s anime, if you like adrenaline stuff I recommend Initial D, also the Eurobeat is nice 😂
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2017, 10:56:52 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

The things that annoy me. 

Vegeta and Goku are the only characters worth a [dang].  its annoying that everybod else is basically worthless

How can Picollo train Gohan still when Gohan is significantly stronger

Why don't they ever let gotenks fight. 

Where is Uub?
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2017, 11:18:39 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

Vegeta and Goku are the only characters worth a [dang].  its annoying that everybod else is basically worthless

Where is Uub?
Iirc Gohan was out of shape so Piccolo>Gohan rn. Gotenks...Idk what to say but it is weird. As for Goku and Vegeta being the only guys that matter, get used to this "modern anime" Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. where the protagonist(s) never die.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2017, 11:23:16 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

Where is Uub?
Iirc Gohan was out of shape so Piccolo>Gohan rn. Gotenks...Idk what to say but it is weird. As for Goku and Vegeta being the only guys that matter, get used to this "modern anime" **** where the protagonist(s) never die.

DBS scrapped the whole idea of GT, and timeline is set right before the ending of DBZ (which was 7 years after killing Majin Buu), so Uub either is still not born yet or probably just a baby.

But yes, power levels never really made sense in DB universe, their explanation was Gohan stopped training entirely after marrying Videl, so he needed to retrain with Picollo.

Though I think DBS is bad, SSJB Vegito is pretty awesome. I also like how they are paying to so much homage to other animes or past DB movie characters, like female Broly. Beerus slowly became one of my favorite characters. But there is something I dislike about CGI anime vs hand drawn anime.

Like this is still my all time favorite fight scene in anime/DB history

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjEiSRSVV50

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2017, 11:36:03 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

Where is Uub?
Iirc Gohan was out of shape so Piccolo>Gohan rn. Gotenks...Idk what to say but it is weird. As for Goku and Vegeta being the only guys that matter, get used to this "modern anime" **** where the protagonist(s) never die.

DBS scrapped the whole idea of GT, and timeline is set right before the ending of DBZ (which was 7 years after killing Majin Buu), so Uub either is still not born yet or probably just a baby.

But yes, power levels never really made sense in DB universe, their explanation was Gohan stopped training entirely after marrying Videl, so he needed to retrain with Picollo.

Though I think DBS is bad, SSJB Vegito is pretty awesome. I also like how they are paying to so much homage to other animes or past DB movie characters, like female Broly. Beerus slowly became one of my favorite characters. But there is something I dislike about CGI anime vs hand drawn anime.

Like this is still my all time favorite fight scene in anime/DB history

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjEiSRSVV50
Well...CGI can be done amazingly...take a look at Ufotable's adaptation of Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works, it's not hand drawn lol but looks amazing.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA