Author Topic: Durant: "I don't respect who's in office (president) right now"  (Read 2658 times)

Re: Durant: "I don't respect who's in office (president) right now"
« Reply #105 on: August 21, 2017, 03:25:41 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 841

Not sure why its suddenly ok to make fun of trumps skin color. How is that not racist?

Because nobody is making fun of Trump for being "white", they are making fun of him for being intentionally "orange".

When did fake, spray-on-tan become a race?
its ok to make fun of how someone looks?

Regardless if its a spray tan or not, i don't think making fun of his looks is helping the side that wants to stop racism. Its actually pretty hypocritical as racism is discrimination based on looks

At the risk of sounding rude, the argument you're trying to make now is just plain stupid. 

If you apply for a job as a General Manager of Marketing for Aston Martin, and you rock up in sandals, ripped shorts and a dirty singlet to your interview - do you think you're likely to get that job? 

If you don't get it based on that terrible first impression you created, then is that RACISM?  Because the choice of using fake tan is no different to choosing what clothes you wear, or how you apply your makeup.   It's got nothing even remotely to do with race.

Racism is being biased against somebody for their RACE.  To judge somebody based on they background or place of birth - things they have no control over.

« Reply #106 on: August 21, 2017, 03:33:53 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 841

Not sure why its suddenly ok to make fun of trumps skin color. How is that not racist?

Because nobody is making fun of Trump for being "white", they are making fun of him for being intentionally "orange".

When did fake, spray-on-tan become a race?
its ok to make fun of how someone looks?

Regardless if its a spray tan or not, i don't think making fun of his looks is helping the side that wants to stop racism. Its actually pretty hypocritical as racism is discrimination based on looks
We agree again, it is absolutely wrong to make fun of someone’s looks.  It is absolutely disrespectful to:

Say of Heidi Klum:  “Heidi Klum.  Sadly she is no longer a 10”

Say of Carly Fiorina:  "Look at that face!  Would anyone vote for that? Can you imagine that, the face of our next president?”

Say about Elizabeth Warren:  “You find anything nice about her cheekbones? I dunno. So, look at her cheekbones."

Say about Hilary Clinton:  "I just don’t think she has a presidential look, and you need a presidential look."

Call Alicia Machado “Miss Piggy” and say "She was the winner, and she gained a massive amount of weight, and it was a real problem."

Try to prove that he would not sexually harass Natasha Stoynoff by saying:  "Take a look, you take a look.  Look at her, look at her words, you tell me what you think. I don't think so."

Say of Mika Brzeski:  she was "bleeding badly from a face-lift."

Tweet of Arianna Huffington:  “@ariannahuff is unattractive both inside and out. I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man- he made a good decision.”

Say of Rosie O’Donnell: "disgusting, both inside and out" and that if he were running her show he'd "look her right in that fat, ugly face of hers and say, 'Rosie, you're fired.'".

Say of your own daughter:  “Yeah, she’s really something, and what a beauty, that one. If I weren’t happily married and, ya know, her father…”

Say about women reporters: “It doesn't really matter what (they) write as long as you've got a young and beautiful piece of a**”

Say:  "A woman who is very flat-chested is very hard to be a 10."

Say of one of your ex-wives:  “Nice t*ts, no brains.”

This is just a small sampling of what President Trump has said in the past but please tell me again what a lowlife KD is for saying that he does not respect him.

Edit:  I mistakenly copy and pasted the same tweet re Ariana Huffington twice and now cannot find the second tweet so I just deleted it.  I think the point is made without the second tweet.

From what I can see there, every single quote you just listed that refers to looks, is referring to natural / physical appearance.  That is something people are born with and have no control over, and I agree 100% that making fun of that is very wrong.

Making fun of Donald Trump because he has white ears, white eyes and an orange face (because he CHOOSES to apply excessive amounts of spray on tan like an overzealous teenager) is not the same thing.  That is not a physical characteristic.  It's not something he was born with.  It's something he chooses to do to himself. 

If Trump went to a formal even wearing a yellow suit covered with pictures of red ladybugs then I'm sure people would say that is something reasonable to make fun of.  Applying stupid amounts of fake tan is no different. I'm not going to give him a pass on this just because he is the President.  The President is just a title - he is a man like anybody else, and he should be held to the same (in fact, even higher) expectations.

« Reply #107 on: August 21, 2017, 05:12:21 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 928
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Good for him. Why should he respect the President when the President obviously doesn't respect the American people as a whole?
Donald Trump is a slimey con artist who is in this to help himself and make more money for himself and his friends ultimately.
He has the self control of a 3 year old child and the awareness of a lamp post.
F*&% Donald Trump and F*&$ that white supremacist Steve Bannon. You reap what you sow.

What President would hire Steve F*#% Bannon as part of his team? A moron President, that's who.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.