Author Topic: Durant: "I don't respect who's in office (president) right now"  (Read 3212 times)

Re: Durant: "I don't respect who's in office (president) right now"
« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2017, 12:11:50 PM »

Online tarheelsxxiii

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1244
Of course he doesn't.   He's a cupcake.
"As far as playing, I didn't care who guarded me - red, yellow, black. I just didn't want a white guy guarding me, because it's disrespect to my game."
-Larry Bird

« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2017, 12:18:34 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 276
Durant can say and do what he wants.  Just like Curt Schilling can say he hates Obama and Clinton and Warren.  Durant was asked a question and expressed an opinion that is not exactly radical.  Soft toned compared to what Schilling for example has said or Tweeted.  Sure,  he is a celebrity so he is going to take some heat but he has the same right that Shilling or any other American has to express his view.  No one is obligated to meet with the president.  Trump is not the king.

« Reply #77 on: August 18, 2017, 12:19:17 PM »

Offline Dannys Chipotle Guy

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 48
He doesnt have to respect Trump and the NBAs fanbase (and thus KDs) is largely liberal. I can only imagine the Warriors fanbase tilts even further that direction and KD isnt really a celeberity outside those circles so this stance is fairly safe for KD. Dont see any reason to be angered by it.

« Reply #78 on: August 18, 2017, 12:19:51 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1170

Funny, I don't respect the second best player in the world joining the best regular season team ever.

« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2017, 12:45:41 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 501
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
The guy is a basketball player.  Who the hell cares what he has to say!!
I watch him to play basketball.  He doesn't know **** about anything else!
If he were a teacher, policeman, doctor, or anyone else who actually contributes to society, than maybe I would listen.  Otherwise, keep your mouth shut!!
Oh yea, if I made millions of dollars I would donate salary too.  That doesn't count.
Listen to or read the CBS article about several woman (white, African-american and Hispanic) who confidently blame OBAMA for the problems in our society today.  Nobody is listening to the crap the fake new networks or some of you idiots on here are saying.  Trumps base is even more unified and united than ever before.  If there as another election today he would win even more states.
I am not a basketball player and fall into the "teacher, policeman, doctor or anyone else who actually contributes to society" category and I beleive that President Trump, through his actions and words, has proven himself a vile human being unworthy of my respect and if I were invited to meet him I would pass.  Will you listen to me or should I keep my mouth shut too?
Hey jack, I see what you are saying but that does not reflect reality.  For better or worse, Durant is well-known and he is going to day things and some people will listen.  You can choose to not listen.

Hey Chicago, I hate the current prez as much as anyone but I would not pass up an opportunity to meet him...not that I would have anything to say to him, I just want to spit in his face, that's all.

Seems pretty mature....
Not surprising coming from you rondohondo...do you really think I would do that?  It was response meant to reflect my sentiment.

« Reply #80 on: August 18, 2017, 02:29:48 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 211
Durant seems like a thoughtful human being.  I wish I could say the same about our President.  Pretty clear who deserves respect.

« Reply #81 on: August 20, 2017, 04:14:15 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1466
Have yet to see one reason supporting KDs claim that trump is racist
It's something most people can just see.  It's between the lines of just about everything he says and does.  So I assume either you and Trump are very like minded or you have some horrible racist radar.
how is he racist? One example please.

Starting off his Presidential campaign by saying "Mexicans are rapists" was racist.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #82 on: August 20, 2017, 04:23:51 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 278
It's something most people can just see.  It's between the lines of just about everything he says and does.  So I assume either you and Trump are very like minded or you have some horrible racist radar.

Starting off his Presidential campaign by saying "Mexicans are rapists" was racist.
1. He never said all Mexicans were rapists
2. Mexican isn't a race
3. He never said that
And he won. 

« Reply #83 on: August 20, 2017, 04:26:04 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Kyrie Irving
  • Tommy Points: 160

Not sure why its suddenly ok to make fun of trumps skin color. How is that not racist?

Because nobody is making fun of Trump for being "white", they are making fun of him for being intentionally "orange".

When did fake, spray-on-tan become a race?
its ok to make fun of how someone looks?

Regardless if its a spray tan or not, i don't think making fun of his looks is helping the side that wants to stop racism. Its actually pretty hypocritical as racism is discrimination based on looks
Hahaha. Racism is discrimination based on race, have you ever taken an English class and learned about suffixes?

If I called you ugly do you think that is racist since Iím making fun of you based on how you look?
CB Draft
Sacramento Kings
Coach: Dave Joerger
Roster: Kawhi Leonard, Damian Lillard, Marvin Williams, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, John Henson, Boban Marjanovic, Rodney Stuckey, Wade Baldwin IV, Taurean Prince, Andrew Nicholson, D.J. Augustin, Jeff Withey, James Jones, Charlie Villanueva, Jordan Adams

« Reply #84 on: August 20, 2017, 04:28:22 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 938
Durant has every right to say this folks.   No one can make someone respect someone they don't want too, as of yet no one can control our thoughts.

« Reply #85 on: August 20, 2017, 04:44:09 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker

Not sure why its suddenly ok to make fun of trumps skin color. How is that not racist?

Because nobody is making fun of Trump for being "white", they are making fun of him for being intentionally "orange".

Regardless if its a spray tan or not, i don't think making fun of his looks is helping the side that wants to stop racism. Its actually pretty hypocritical as racism is discrimination based on looks
Hahaha. Racism is discrimination based on race, have you ever taken an English class and learned about suffixes?

If I called you ugly do you think that is racist since Iím making fun of you based on how you look?

Racism is discrimination based on how someone's skin color aka how someone looks. What's so hard to understand?

Making fun of trumps skin color  is like making fun of obamas brown skin. Both are despicable to do. But I bet you're biased and ok with one but not the other, right?

« Reply #86 on: August 20, 2017, 04:44:45 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker

Racism is discrimination based on how someone's skin color aka how someone looks. What's so hard to understand?

Making fun of trumps skin color  is like making fun of obamas skin color. Both are despicable to do. But I bet you're biased and ok with one but not the other, right?

« Reply #87 on: August 20, 2017, 04:45:43 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Kyrie Irving
  • Tommy Points: 160

2. Mexican isn't a race
3. He never said that
And he won.
You just declared that making fun of Trumpís spray tan was racist, but since you think Mexican isnít technically a race and is an ethnicity that itís ok to make fun of them? Ok.

This is why itís so difficult for other posters to argue with you, and I assume you are either a child or just someone with a very low IQ. Your arguments constantly contradict each other and at times simply donít make sense.

By the way, here is the quote from Trump Celtics18 was referencing at the beginning of his campaign.

"When Mexico sends it people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. Theyíre rapists.Ē

That is Trump calling Mexican immigrants racists and criminals.
CB Draft
Sacramento Kings
Coach: Dave Joerger
Roster: Kawhi Leonard, Damian Lillard, Marvin Williams, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, John Henson, Boban Marjanovic, Rodney Stuckey, Wade Baldwin IV, Taurean Prince, Andrew Nicholson, D.J. Augustin, Jeff Withey, James Jones, Charlie Villanueva, Jordan Adams

« Reply #88 on: August 20, 2017, 04:52:50 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1466

2. Mexican isn't a race
3. He never said that
And he won.

1.  Direct quote:  "They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime.  They're rapists.  Some, I assume, are good people."  When you lump a group of people together by saying "they," it's racist regardless of whether or not you use "all."

2.  Race is a social construct invented to oppress and subjugate certain groups of people.  In that regard, any group of people can be "racialized" to achieve that aim.

Trump's comments about Mexicans are a text book example of racism.

3.  See 1.

I know he won.  Unfortunately, he did so in large part by appealling to racism.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #89 on: August 20, 2017, 05:02:45 PM »

Offline chicagoceltic

• Gordon Hayward
  • Tommy Points: 70

If I called you ugly do you think that is racist since I’m making fun of you based on how you look?

Making fun of trumps skin color  is like making fun of obamas brown skin. Both are despicable to do. But I bet you're biased and ok with one but not the other, right?
No, just no.

Also, I listed a number of examples of President Trump making fun of people's looks on page 5...are you ok with those?
Pub Draft

Sam N Ella's

At the Bar: The Most Interesting Man in the World
At the Door:  Hugh Hefner
On Stage:  O.A.R., Louis C.K., EDGAR! Special Drinks:  Irish Car Bomb, Martinis On Tap: Lite, Beamish, 3 Floyds Seasonal, Chimay Grand Reserve, Spotted Cow