Author Topic: Durant: "I don't respect who's in office (president) right now"  (Read 3209 times)

Re: Durant: "I don't respect who's in office (president) right now"
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2017, 02:29:23 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1047

Not sure why its suddenly ok to make fun of trumps skin color. How is that not racist?

Because nobody is making fun of Trump for being "white", they are making fun of him for being intentionally "orange".

When did fake, spray-on-tan become a race?
its ok to make fun of how someone looks?

Regardless if its a spray tan or not, i don't think making fun of his looks is helping the side that wants to stop racism. Its actually pretty hypocritical as racism is discrimination based on looks

I'll concede that making fun of how someone looks is mean-spirited and childish.

But if you really want to compare the two, well, good luck with that.  I expect you'll be getting a pretty solid round of jeers for that.  It's not an apt comparison at all.

« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2017, 04:58:32 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2386
You respect the OFFICE of the Presidency. That - for ME - will never change.

That being said Mr. Trump (and Mr. Pence) has done very little to start this country on a healing path.

Probably my best time for growth as a young sailor in the U.S. Navy was while I was onboard the good ship USS Normandy.

We had an ALL-STAR crew - from top to bottom - while I was onboard that ship.

One of those all-stars was a man who went by the nickname of Big Country - for good reason. Dude was 6'6" and around 240-250 pounds. He was from NY IIRC.

We butt heads several times and I honestly thought he was racist until I got to know him. Once I did (and once he got to know ME) we gained mutual admiration and respect for one another.

That being said - perhaps my BEST piece of advice I EVER got while in the U.S. Navy was from this man -

KNOW YOUR PEOPLE.

You cannot LEAD EFFECTIVELY if you don't KNOW YOUR PEOPLE. ALL of your people.

This nation is hurting right now.

Mr. Trump (and Mr. Pence in his complicity) right now don't appear to know EVERYONE they SHOULD be serving, and it's more sad than anything else.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 06:10:41 AM by GreenFaith1819 »
Marcus Smart "Impacts Winning." Boston Celtics Coach Brad Stevens

« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2017, 06:45:01 AM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 155
Good for Durant. I hope more and more athletes speak up about this.

Btw, this will have a Far, Far less impact on people hating Durant than him going to GSW did. If anything it will get many more people to like him.

Also, I have absolutely no respect for our current president, and I don't know how anyone can at this point.
speak up about what? Durant claims trump ruined race relations. How so? There's no specifics.  Its another guy brainwashed by CNN telling him trump is racist without any proof whatsoever

The President proved it himself several times lately. He didnt need CNN or anyone else to do that. If you can't see that, then I feel sad for you.
you want to take down statues of washington? How about taking down websites that mention robert e lee. What's the difference
Southerner here but I'd point out that even if Washington had flaws he never committed treason agains the US. And his statues weren't put up at the hight of the Jim Crow and civil rights era just to rub it in the face of blacks. I also feel that black tax payers shouldn't have to help pay for the upkeep of confederate government lands. 

Oh and seeing that Trump made fun of a disabled person and still got elected. At this point you can make fun of anything so it's ok to call him orange.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 06:54:11 AM by Onslaught »
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2017, 07:45:07 AM »

Offline moiso

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 614

That being said Mr. Trump (and Mr. Pence) has done very little to start this country on a healing path.

Probably my best time for growth as a young sailor in the U.S. Navy was while I was onboard the good ship USS Normandy.

One of those all-stars was a man who went by the nickname of Big Country - for good reason. Dude was 6'6" and around 240-250 pounds. He was from NY IIRC.

We butt heads several times and I honestly thought he was racist until I got to know him. Once I did (and once he got to know ME) we gained mutual admiration and respect for one another.

That being said - perhaps my BEST piece of advice I EVER got while in the U.S. Navy was from this man -

KNOW YOUR PEOPLE.

Mr. Trump (and Mr. Pence in his complicity) right now don't appear to know EVERYONE they SHOULD be serving, and it's more sad than anything else.
As far a Big Country goes, I've worked with people who have racist views toward minority groups as wholes, but they are still able to make individual exceptions for people that they get to know and don't fit their stereotypes.

« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2017, 07:56:55 AM »

Offline chicagoceltic

• Gordon Hayward
  • Tommy Points: 70

Not sure why its suddenly ok to make fun of trumps skin color. How is that not racist?

Because nobody is making fun of Trump for being "white", they are making fun of him for being intentionally "orange".

Regardless if its a spray tan or not, i don't think making fun of his looks is helping the side that wants to stop racism. Its actually pretty hypocritical as racism is discrimination based on looks
We agree again, it is absolutely wrong to make fun of someone’s looks.  It is absolutely disrespectful to:

Say of Heidi Klum:  “Heidi Klum.  Sadly she is no longer a 10”

Say of Carly Fiorina:  "Look at that face!  Would anyone vote for that? Can you imagine that, the face of our next president?”

Say about Elizabeth Warren:  “You find anything nice about her cheekbones? I dunno. So, look at her cheekbones."

Say about Hilary Clinton:  "I just don’t think she has a presidential look, and you need a presidential look."

Call Alicia Machado “Miss Piggy” and say "She was the winner, and she gained a massive amount of weight, and it was a real problem."

Try to prove that he would not sexually harass Natasha Stoynoff by saying:  "Take a look, you take a look.  Look at her, look at her words, you tell me what you think. I don't think so."

Say of Mika Brzeski:  she was "bleeding badly from a face-lift."

Tweet of Arianna Huffington:  “@ariannahuff is unattractive both inside and out. I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man- he made a good decision.”

Say of Rosie O’Donnell: "disgusting, both inside and out" and that if he were running her show he'd "look her right in that fat, ugly face of hers and say, 'Rosie, you're fired.'".

Say of your own daughter:  “Yeah, she’s really something, and what a beauty, that one. If I weren’t happily married and, ya know, her father…”

Say about women reporters: “It doesn't really matter what (they) write as long as you've got a young and beautiful piece of a**”

Say:  "A woman who is very flat-chested is very hard to be a 10."

Say of one of your ex-wives:  “Nice t*ts, no brains.”

This is just a small sampling of what President Trump has said in the past but please tell me again what a lowlife KD is for saying that he does not respect him.

Edit:  I mistakenly copy and pasted the same tweet re Ariana Huffington twice and now cannot find the second tweet so I just deleted it.  I think the point is made without the second tweet.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 08:04:37 AM by chicagoceltic »
Pub Draft

Sam N Ella's

At the Bar: The Most Interesting Man in the World
At the Door:  Hugh Hefner
On Stage:  O.A.R., Louis C.K., EDGAR! Special Drinks:  Irish Car Bomb, Martinis On Tap: Lite, Beamish, 3 Floyds Seasonal, Chimay Grand Reserve, Spotted Cow

« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2017, 09:07:19 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 814

We agree again, it is absolutely wrong to make fun of someone’s looks.  It is absolutely disrespectful to:

Say of Carly Fiorina:  "Look at that face!  Would anyone vote for that? Can you imagine that, the face of our next president?”

Say about Elizabeth Warren:  “You find anything nice about her cheekbones? I dunno. So, look at her cheekbones."

Say about Hilary Clinton:  "I just don’t think she has a presidential look, and you need a presidential look."

Call Alicia Machado “Miss Piggy” and say "She was the winner, and she gained a massive amount of weight, and it was a real problem."

Try to prove that he would not sexually harass Natasha Stoynoff by saying:  "Take a look, you take a look.  Look at her, look at her words, you tell me what you think. I don't think so."

Tweet of Arianna Huffington:  “@ariannahuff is unattractive both inside and out. I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man- he made a good decision.”

Say of Rosie O’Donnell: "disgusting, both inside and out" and that if he were running her show he'd "look her right in that fat, ugly face of hers and say, 'Rosie, you're fired.'".

Say of your own daughter:  “Yeah, she’s really something, and what a beauty, that one. If I weren’t happily married and, ya know, her father…”

Say about women reporters: “It doesn't really matter what (they) write as long as you've got a young and beautiful piece of a**”

This is just a small sampling of what President Trump has said in the past but please tell me again what a lowlife KD is for saying that he does not respect him.

Edit:  I mistakenly copy and pasted the same tweet re Ariana Huffington twice and now cannot find the second tweet so I just deleted it.  I think the point is made without the second tweet.

the Elizabeth warren quote is related to her lying about her heritage in order to receive preferential treatment for a job. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2017, 09:16:31 AM »

Offline chicagoceltic

• Gordon Hayward

the Elizabeth warren quote is related to her lying about her heritage in order to receive preferential treatment for a job.
Disregard that one if you would like.
Pub Draft

Sam N Ella's

On Stage:  O.A.R., Louis C.K., EDGAR! Special Drinks:  Irish Car Bomb, Martinis On Tap: Lite, Beamish, 3 Floyds Seasonal, Chimay Grand Reserve, Spotted Cow

« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2017, 10:05:14 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2386

KNOW YOUR PEOPLE.

As far a Big Country goes, I've worked with people who have racist views toward minority groups as wholes, but they are still able to make individual exceptions for people that they get to know and don't fit their stereotypes.

With Big Country, though - as I got to know him I can definitely say that he was NOT racist - at all.

Very straightforward and blunt kind of guy...VERY smart and hardworking.

Just wanted to clarify that.
Marcus Smart "Impacts Winning." Boston Celtics Coach Brad Stevens

« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2017, 10:35:22 AM »

Offline greece666

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1039
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2017, 10:47:19 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 721
Wow how do you not respect the president of the united states? What a low life. Disagree on political position is ok, but don't disrespect the president and the country
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20371337/kevin-durant-golden-state-warriors-no-intention-visiting-white-house-harsh-words-president-donald-trump

Way to get half the country to hate you Durant. Hope trump doesn't invite them

You couldn't find a poll where half the people in the country liked Trump even it was conducted by Ivanka in a low cut top.
are you referring to the same polls brought to us by the same publications that said Hillary has a 99% xhNce of winning? http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/sam-wang-princeton-election-consortium-poll-hillary-clinton-donald-trump-victory-a7399671.html

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5821074ce4b0e80b02cc2a94

Politically, this board is a joke, and frankly you are wasting your time.

Amuses me how often the most "open-minded" people's are often the direct opposite of that.

you cannot argue with economic morons. the over tax, over regulate open borders gloablists. Anytime they do not like the facts all they can respond with is racist, bigot, blah blah blah. same old song and dance.  the nypocrisy of BLm and ANTIFA knows no bounds.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2017, 11:08:43 AM »

Offline jackpercussion

• Semi Ojeleye
  • Tommy Points: 8
The guy is a basketball player.  Who the hell cares what he has to say!!
I watch him to play basketball.  He doesn't know **** about anything else!
If he were a teacher, policeman, doctor, or anyone else who actually contributes to society, than maybe I would listen.  Otherwise, keep your mouth shut!!
Oh yea, if I made millions of dollars I would donate salary too.  That doesn't count.
Listen to or read the CBS article about several woman (white, African-american and Hispanic) who confidently blame OBAMA for the problems in our society today.  Nobody is listening to the crap the fake new networks or some of you idiots on here are saying.  Trumps base is even more unified and united than ever before.  If there as another election today he would win even more states.

« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2017, 11:18:33 AM »

Offline chicagoceltic

• Gordon Hayward
If he were a teacher, policeman, doctor, or anyone else who actually contributes to society, than maybe I would listen.  Otherwise, keep your mouth shut!!
Oh yea, if I made millions of dollars I would donate salary too.  That doesn't count.
Listen to or read the CBS article about several woman (white, African-american and Hispanic) who confidently blame OBAMA for the problems in our society today.  Nobody is listening to the crap the fake new networks or some of you idiots on here are saying.  Trumps base is even more unified and united than ever before.  If there as another election today he would win even more states.
I am not a basketball player and fall into the "teacher, policeman, doctor or anyone else who actually contributes to society" category and I beleive that President Trump, through his actions and words, has proven himself a vile human being unworthy of my respect and if I were invited to meet him I would pass.  Will you listen to me or should I keep my mouth shut too?
Pub Draft

Sam N Ella's

« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2017, 11:51:59 AM »

Offline mef730

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 447
Of all the things in this crazy world to get worked up about, Kevin Durant refusing to go to the White House isn't one of them.  I just do not care.  It's his right, and if he chooses to exercise it, so be it.

But I will say, if you we're one of those people who openly condemned Tim Thomas for refusing to go and are now supporting Kevin Durant refusing to go, then you are a cetifiable hypocrit.

Personally, I've never quite understood why sports teams are invited anyway.  What makes them so special that they need to be acknowledged by the President?  Sports are merely entertainent, they're not that important in the grand scheme of things.

2nd paragraph: Bingo. Truthfully, I couldn't care less which athletes do or don't go to the White House. Said as much under the previous administration, will say so now.

3rd: Because presidents are people, too, and they get swept up in the excitement of sports. They are entertainment and they're not that important in the grand scheme of things, but look how many people around here have four-digit, or even five-digit numbers of posts. We have a lot of different opinions in this thread, many of which I strongly disagree with, but when you ask everyone about the Celtics, we all bleed green. Sports has an odd way of uniting people.

Mike
Tickets for the 2017-18 season for sale at face value! Thread here: http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=93612.0

« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2017, 11:53:08 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 501
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I am not a basketball player and fall into the "teacher, policeman, doctor or anyone else who actually contributes to society" category and I beleive that President Trump, through his actions and words, has proven himself a vile human being unworthy of my respect and if I were invited to meet him I would pass.  Will you listen to me or should I keep my mouth shut too?
Hey jack, I see what you are saying but that does not reflect reality.  For better or worse, Durant is well-known and he is going to day things and some people will listen.  You can choose to not listen.

Hey Chicago, I hate the current prez as much as anyone but I would not pass up an opportunity to meet him...not that I would have anything to say to him, I just want to spit in his face, that's all.

« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2017, 12:03:43 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1073
Hey jack, I see what you are saying but that does not reflect reality.  For better or worse, Durant is well-known and he is going to day things and some people will listen.  You can choose to not listen.

Hey Chicago, I hate the current prez as much as anyone but I would not pass up an opportunity to meet him...not that I would have anything to say to him, I just want to spit in his face, that's all.

Seems pretty mature....