Author Topic: Durant: "I don't respect who's in office (president) right now"  (Read 3210 times)

Re: Durant: "I don't respect who's in office (president) right now"
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2017, 09:33:48 PM »

Offline D Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 241
Have yet to see one reason supporting KDs claim that trump is racist
You are right, I also do not see any reason supporting KDs claim that Trump is a racist.  Of course that could be because KD did not claim that he is a racist.

Ha!  Tp

I'm really starting to see why the ussr fake news campaign was so effective... 

« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2017, 10:04:11 PM »

Offline CelticSince83

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
Have yet to see one reason supporting KDs claim that trump is racist
It's something most people can just see.  It's between the lines of just about everything he says and does.  So I assume either you and Trump are very like minded or you have some horrible racist radar.
how is he racist? One example please.

As an "African-American" that voted for neither candidate, I wouldn't blatantly call Trump a racist, but he's exhibited some questionable behavior and poor choice of words. He settled allegations of housing discrimination (a settlement is not an admission of guilt I know). He had a controversial stance on the Central Park 5, questioned Obama's birth certificate, said things like "Look at my African-American" as if he's never engaged a black person before. His pitch to black people to vote for him was "What do you have to lose?". He's being openly endorsed, criticized and praised by confirmed racists, has defunded programs that counteract white supremacy organizations, saying there are "Very nice people." on both sides of the Charlottesville riots and etc.

But to your point, none of those makes him racist (at least not to me). Although surely you can understand why that narrative is being pushed.

Yep, agreed. 

« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2017, 10:26:49 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1047
Of all the things in this crazy world to get worked up about, Kevin Durant refusing to go to the White House isn't one of them.  I just do not care.  It's his right, and if he chooses to exercise it, so be it.

But I will say, if you we're one of those people who openly condemned Tim Thomas for refusing to go and are now supporting Kevin Durant refusing to go, then you are a cetifiable hypocrit.

Personally, I've never quite understood why sports teams are invited anyway.  What makes them so special that they need to be acknowledged by the President?  Sports are merely entertainent, they're not that important in the grand scheme of things.

« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2017, 10:32:23 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2406
Of all the things in this crazy world to get worked up about, Kevin Durant refusing to go to the White House isn't one of them.  I just do not care.  It's his right, and if he chooses to exercise it, so be it.

But I will say, if you we're one of those people who openly condemned Tim Thomas for refusing to go and are now supporting Kevin Durant refusing to go, then you are a cetifiable hypocrit.

Personally, I've never quite understood why sports teams are invited anyway.  What makes them so special that they need to be acknowledged by the President?  Sports are merely entertainent, they're not that important in the grand scheme of things.

That was my take on it as well if you dig up past threads on white house visits. The time and effort would be much better spent on inviting local heroes , teachers, doctors, police officers, etc. who make a real impact on people's lives.

« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2017, 10:38:51 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 278

2nd paragraph: true

3rd paragraph: most of the 4 sports celebrated were invented in america. even though theyre just games, theyre woven in american culture. we have cities using public taxpayer money in the billions to build stadiums for billionaires so we can watch said games. This is how woven in the culture it is. also the solicitor general helped negotiate the nba cba in 2012 to avoid a long lockout because it would have affected the US economy negatively. so at the federal level its also important.

« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2017, 10:40:22 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
To be fair, I lost a LOT of respect for Durant when he signed with GSW.

His willingness to speak out against this now truly dangerous President only regains him a tiny bit. I won't openly boo him now is all I'm saying. He still gets the extreme free throw treatment.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2017, 10:45:06 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2406

« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2017, 10:48:21 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker

« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2017, 11:03:22 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
I've never seen this Country so divided, not since all the togetherness we experienced under Obama.

It really wasn't that together.

« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2017, 12:08:49 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
I've never seen this Country so divided, not since all the togetherness we experienced under Obama.

It really wasn't that together.
Remember when obama invited BLM to the white house? Obama basically promoted this by doing so:

« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 12:14:20 AM by CelticsElite »

« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2017, 01:22:50 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 863
Wow how do you not respect the president of the united states? What a low life. Disagree on political position is ok, but don't disrespect the president and the country
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20371337/kevin-durant-golden-state-warriors-no-intention-visiting-white-house-harsh-words-president-donald-trump

Way to get half the country to hate you Durant. Hope trump doesn't invite them

Yeah, how dare a adult citizen living in a democracy that openly promotes freedom of speech have the nerve to say that he doesn't have respect for the current\ly appointed president? 

A man who's appointment as President has drawn so much jest and mockery around the world, that people have completely forgotten about the laughing stock that was BREXIT. 

A man who:

1. Has already offended what feels like every other world leader outside of the US
2. Constantly shows up on TV with so much fake tan that his entire face is glowing orange
3. Has been caught many times making rude, obnoxious and adolescent comments about others
4. Seems completely incapable of putting together a single well spoken sentence

How dare Kevin Durant say he doesn't respect this man?  The nerve!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 01:39:35 AM by crimson_stallion »

« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2017, 01:38:12 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 863
Good for Durant. I hope more and more athletes speak up about this.

Btw, this will have a Far, Far less impact on people hating Durant than him going to GSW did. If anything it will get many more people to like him.

Also, I have absolutely no respect for our current president, and I don't know how anyone can at this point.

You also have no idea what free markets are, and frankly I doubt you have ever even picked up a book about economics.

If a white athlete had said this about President Obama, you would have called it disrespectful, and likely would have called that person a racist.

The hypocrisy on this board is absolutely painful.

What has race got to do with anything? I am white.  I thought Obama was pretty good guy...and I can't stand Trump. 

That's not to say I disagree with all of his ideas.  I actually think some of his points are strong and valid ones (but disagree with some of his others). 

As an individual though I think he's an arrogant, ignorant, narcissistic adolescent with genuine mental/emotional issues that should have prevented him from every being placed in a position of such power.

And no matter what anybody says, I  have little doubt in my mind that he legitimately is racist, sexist, elitist and utterly self-obsessed.

« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2017, 02:04:56 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
Wow how do you not respect the president of the united states? What a low life. Disagree on political position is ok, but don't disrespect the president and the country
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20371337/kevin-durant-golden-state-warriors-no-intention-visiting-white-house-harsh-words-president-donald-trump

Way to get half the country to hate you Durant. Hope trump doesn't invite them

Yeah, how dare a adult citizen living in a democracy that openly promotes freedom of speech have the nerve to say that he doesn't have respect for the current\ly appointed president? 

A man who's appointment as President has drawn so much jest and mockery around the world, that people have completely forgotten about the laughing stock that was BREXIT. 

A man who:

1. Has already offended what feels like every other world leader outside of the US
2. Constantly shows up on TV with so much fake tan that his entire face is glowing orange
3. Has been caught many times making rude, obnoxious and adolescent comments about others
4. Seems completely incapable of putting together a single well spoken sentence

How dare Kevin Durant say he doesn't respect this man?  The nerve!

we don't live in a democracy. Its a republic. Where in the constitution does it say the word "democracy?" I see the word "republic" many times. Pledge of allegiance says we pledge our allegiance to the republic

I guess some people never learned That even after pledging their allegiance daily to the republic

Not sure why its suddenly ok to make fun of trumps skin color. How is that not racist?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 02:15:07 AM by CelticsElite »

« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2017, 02:16:37 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1047

Not sure why its suddenly ok to make fun of trumps skin color. How is that not racist?

Because nobody is making fun of Trump for being "white", they are making fun of him for being intentionally "orange".

When did fake, spray-on-tan become a race?

« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2017, 02:18:22 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker

Because nobody is making fun of Trump for being "white", they are making fun of him for being intentionally "orange".

When did fake, spray-on-tan become a race?
its ok to make fun of how someone looks?

Regardless if its a spray tan or not, i don't think making fun of his looks is helping the side that wants to stop racism. Its actually pretty hypocritical as racism is discrimination based on looks
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 02:23:42 AM by CelticsElite »