Author Topic: Durant: "I don't respect who's in office (president) right now"  (Read 3213 times)

Re: Durant: "I don't respect who's in office (president) right now"
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2017, 08:25:17 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2406
Good for Durant. I hope more and more athletes speak up about this.

Btw, this will have a Far, Far less impact on people hating Durant than him going to GSW did. If anything it will get many more people to like him.

Also, I have absolutely no respect for our current president, and I don't know how anyone can at this point.

You also have no idea what free markets are, and frankly I doubt you have ever even picked up a book about economics.

If a white athlete had said this about President Obama, you would have called it disrespectful, and likely would have called that person a racist.

The hypocrisy on this board is absolutely painful.

Once again, jumping to ignorant conclusions and generalizations (all wrong of course) instead of addressing the topic at hand.

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2017, 08:26:29 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• JoJo White

Btw, this will have a Far, Far less impact on people hating Durant than him going to GSW did. If anything it will get many more people to like him.

Also, I have absolutely no respect for our current president, and I don't know how anyone can at this point.

You also have no idea what free markets are, and frankly I doubt you have ever even picked up a book about economics.

If a white athlete had said this about President Obama, you would have called it disrespectful, and likely would have called that person a racist.

Particularly painful when one gets to make up the other half of the hypocrisy.

Here's what actually happened

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2017, 08:29:34 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 894
Wow how do you not respect the president of the united states? What a low life. Disagree on political position is ok, but don't disrespect the president and the country
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20371337/kevin-durant-golden-state-warriors-no-intention-visiting-white-house-harsh-words-president-donald-trump

Way to get half the country to hate you Durant. Hope trump doesn't invite them

You couldn't find a poll where half the people in the country liked Trump even it was conducted by Ivanka in a low cut top.
are you referring to the same polls brought to us by the same publications that said Hillary has a 99% chance of winning? http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/sam-wang-princeton-election-consortium-poll-hillary-clinton-donald-trump-victory-a7399671.html

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5821074ce4b0e80b02cc2a94

No.. the two are not related at all. What a weird response.

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2017, 08:32:22 PM »

Offline nebist

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 33
This President is completely unworthy of respect.  That opinion, fact really, should be fairly obvious by now.

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2017, 08:32:52 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 285
I've never seen this Country so divided, not since all the togetherness we experienced under Obama.

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2017, 08:33:05 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• JoJo White
This President is completely unworthy of respect.  That opinion, fact really, should be fairly obvious by now.

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2017, 08:37:13 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• JoJo White
Don't forget , our own superhero Tom Brady and a large number of his teammates also skipped their white house visit back in April, when there are not nearly as many reasons to hate Trump:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/19/sports/-new-england-patriots-visit-white-house-donald-trump.html?mcubz=1

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2017, 08:37:50 PM »

Offline eja117

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1131
I've always supported any athlete's decision not to meet with their employee. I'm fine with it. It's a waste of everyone's time anyway

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2017, 08:39:05 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Gordon Hayward
  • Tommy Points: 64
Good for KD. For what it's worth, I don't respect Trump either.

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2017, 08:43:11 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Kyrie Irving
  • Tommy Points: 121

Once again, jumping to ignorant conclusions and generalizations (all wrong of course) instead of addressing the topic at hand.

Yes, I am the ignorant one.

You have stated that free markets require the people to not be free, yet i am the ignorant one.

The only reason you are able to type this out on a computer right now, is because of the free market.

Neither of us can prove whether those generalizations are true, and there is no "issue at hand".

I disagreed with President Obama on an extensive list of things, but you wouldn't hear that I didn't respect him, yet it is all vogue to disrespect President Trump.

But of course, as always, " because he's different".

The hypocrisy is terrible.

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2017, 08:44:49 PM »

Offline moiso

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 614
Good for KD. For what it's worth, I don't respect Trump either.
This.

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2017, 08:47:03 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• JoJo White

You have stated that free markets require the people to not be free, yet i am the ignorant one.

The only reason you are able to type this out on a computer right now, is because of the free market.

Neither of us can prove whether those generalizations are true, and there is no "issue at hand".

I disagreed with President Obama on an extensive list of things, but you wouldn't hear that I didn't respect him, yet it is all vogue to disrespect President Trump.

Where did I say anything at all about free markets?

(clue: I didnt!)

Like I said, ignorant, off topic generalizations.

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2017, 08:48:01 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 278
Have yet to see one reason supporting KDs claim that trump is racist

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2017, 08:50:16 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Kyrie Irving
  • Tommy Points: 121

Where did I say anything at all about free markets?

(clue: I didnt!)

Like I said, ignorant, off topic generalizations.

Not in this thread, and now that I think about it, I think I have you confused with that hwangji fellow.

They have kicked me off of the NCE board, but they still let threads like these show, so when I got the chance to answer for things I have read, but couldn't respond to, I jumped.

I do apologize for that, that was pretty terrible of me.

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2017, 08:51:17 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2374
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

speak up about what? Durant claims trump ruined race relations. How so? There's no specifics.  Its another guy brainwashed by CNN telling him trump is racist without any proof whatsoever

The President proved it himself several times lately. He didnt need CNN or anyone else to do that. If you can't see that, then I feel sad for you.
you want to take down statues of washington? How about taking down websites that mention robert e lee. What's the difference

No matter how hard people are currently trying to make the Charlottesville rally about statues, it was not, except as a pretext.

This is what it was about. This is what the President chose to defend and equivocate about. The mealymouthed nonsense about all the invisible good people marching with Nazis and KKK members was just another pretext.