Author Topic: What Players Do You Think Will Be 'Available' At The Trade Deadline?  (Read 2493 times)

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I have a feeling the upcoming trade deadline will be a lot more BORING compared to the previous one LOL. Now I know there weren't that many big deals that happened in the previous deadline back in February either, but there were TONS of rumors and deals being discussed. There was also A LOT of 'disgruntled stars' on the market that were dangled in trade talks (like George, Butler, Cousins, ETC.)

But now most of those stars have new homes and frankly I don't see many options for this upcoming deadline either, besides some of the more obvious ones that we talk about here.

Possible Guys:

1. Anthony Davis (Pipe Dream - If Traded, Won't Be Until Next Summer AT EARLIEST)

2. Kristaps Porzingis (Same As AD, Knicks Will Keep Him For At Least This Season)

3. DeMarcus Cousins (If Pelicans Experiment Fails, BUT Boston Clearly Doesn't Want Him)

4. Marc Gasol

Any other guys you think could be dangled at the trade deadline for this upcoming season?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: What Players Do You Think Will Be 'Available' At The Trade Deadline?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 05:52:09 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I'll go agains the grain, Isiah Thomas may be available.

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 06:14:40 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Lebron.

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 06:31:45 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I have a feeling the upcoming trade deadline will be a lot more BORING compared to the previous one LOL. Now I know there weren't that many big deals that happened in the previous deadline back in February either, but there were TONS of rumors and deals being discussed. There was also A LOT of 'disgruntled stars' on the market that were dangled in trade talks (like George, Butler, Cousins, ETC.)

But now most of those stars have new homes and frankly I don't see many options for this upcoming deadline either, besides some of the more obvious ones that we talk about here.

Possible Guys:

1. Anthony Davis (Pipe Dream - If Traded, Won't Be Until Next Summer AT EARLIEST)

2. Kristaps Porzingis (Same As AD, Knicks Will Keep Him For At Least This Season)

3. DeMarcus Cousins (If Pelicans Experiment Fails, BUT Boston Clearly Doesn't Want Him)

4. Marc Gasol

Any other guys you think could be dangled at the trade deadline for this upcoming season?

Possible Guys:

4. Marc Gasol

Paul George - If the Thunder Experiment is not going well or they have injuries.

Julius Randle - Similar to Noel, if the Lakers are cooking up big plans for the summer they might to dump him before the offseason

Carmelo Anthony - If he is somehow still in New York

Parker/Middleton/Monroe - The Bucks didn't get to observe their guys all playing together last year cause of injuries. I am skeptical the pieces they currently have fit together very well.

Dwayne Wade - Buyout or trade becomes likely as the season progresses and he approaches free agency for a team going nowhere

Lamarcus Aldridge - They don't like him, he doesn't fit what pops wants. If they could get something for him he would already be gone.

More outside the box

Deandre Jordan - I think Paul solved a lot of the spacing issues they have by being both a great shooter and a great passer. I see a lot more congestion between Jordan and Blake with him gone and a possible move away from Jordan if someone will take him.

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 06:32:24 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Are you saying this because you believe somehow IT WILL be made available or because you hope he will become available or because you just want to be contrarian and get a reaction?

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 07:04:45 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
Not looking good so far. It's all either pipe dreams or meh.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2017, 07:08:42 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111

Possible Guys:

4. Marc Gasol

Possible Guys:

4. Marc Gasol

Paul George - If the Thunder Experiment is not going well or they have injuries.

Julius Randle - Similar to Noel, if the Lakers are cooking up big plans for the summer they might to dump him before the offseason

Parker/Middleton/Monroe - The Bucks didn't get to observe their guys all playing together last year cause of injuries. I am skeptical the pieces they currently have fit together very well.

Dwayne Wade - Buyout or trade becomes likely as the season progresses and he approaches free agency for a team going nowhere

Lamarcus Aldridge - They don't like him, he doesn't fit what pops wants. If they could get something for him he would already be gone.

More outside the box

Deandre Jordan - I think Paul solved a lot of the spacing issues they have by being both a great shooter and a great passer. I see a lot more congestion between Jordan and Blake with him gone and a possible move away from Jordan if someone will take him.

Dwayne Wade - Buyout or trade becomes likely as the season progresses and he approaches free agency for a team going nowhere - Problem is he's owed $24mm next year, I doubt they eat that and there's not going to be many takers on the trade market. I'm thinking he's there for good. Same with Aldridge

I suspect Boogie could definitely be had, the rest will be role players at best like Brook Lopez and KCP from the Lakers (but you may have to take on Deng), gag..

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2017, 07:09:57 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

I'd stay far away. He was good in his prime, but he's far past that now. Not a fan of him as a GM or coach, either
I'm bitter.

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2017, 08:27:18 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Possible Guys:

4. Marc Gasol

Possible Guys:

4. Marc Gasol

More outside the box

TP. The Milwaukee possibility is definitely interesting and I never thought of that.

Same with DeAndre Jordan. With CP3 gone it will be difficult for Clips especially if most of the team can't stay healthy lol.

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2017, 08:29:27 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
I think the obvious answer is Kyrie (assuming he won't have been traded by then).

The same goes for Melo, but meh...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 08:36:23 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2017, 09:48:06 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
I think the obvious answer is Kyrie (assuming he won't have been traded by then).

The same goes for Melo, but meh...

I think if Irving isn't traded now, he WON'T be traded this whole season. Especially if CLE continues being 1-2 seed in the East w/Irving.

That's like saying we should trade Isaiah Thomas at the deadline when the C's are a 1-2 seed in the East.

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2017, 10:08:26 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
DeAndre Jordan

Marc Gasol

LaMarcus Aldridge

Maybe DMC
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2017, 06:03:46 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
 Drummond is a name that was floated around last deadline

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2017, 06:46:32 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
Are you saying this because you believe somehow IT WILL be made available or because you hope he will become available or because you just want to be contrarian and get a reaction?

I think if the right player comes along, Ainge would trade his mother.   I also think Ainge gets nervous about Brick Truck kind of statements.  I thought this would be unpopular which is what I meant but I still think could be possible.

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2017, 08:47:44 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
I guess the right player came along.