Author Topic: Celtics and Wizards to Run the East  (Read 2438 times)

Celtics and Wizards to Run the East
« on: August 17, 2017, 05:34:25 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

I will mention the Raptors, I do respect them. Shame they can't get a third wheel. They will fall off in the coming years however. Not the Wizards though.

There core looks strong for the Coming years.

Re: Celtics and Wizards to Run the East
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 05:41:10 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
Very much looking forward to watching this newly formed rivalry to prosper.

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 06:43:50 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Wizards have cap issues and little opportunity to improve.  Wall, Beal, and Porter are a good trio, but I don't see them as a great rival down the road.  Bucks are more likely, and maybe the Sixers further in the future.

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 07:02:08 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
I think we're a little better than the Wizards but they are a very good basketball team.  Their bench is pretty bad and their coach isn't exactly an X's and O's wizard (no pun intended) but they do have a legit superstar.  John Wall is insane, Bradley Beal is really good, and Otto Porter is solid albeit overrated.  I think we could hypothetically take them out in 6 now that we've added Hayward.  Heck, we were close to beating them in 6 with last year's team.

Plus, their contract situation is sort of a nightmare.

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 07:20:43 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
I think we're a little better than the Wizards but they are a very good basketball team.  Their bench is pretty bad and their coach isn't exactly an X's and O's wizard (no pun intended) but they do have a legit superstar.  John Wall is insane, Bradley Beal is really good, and Otto Porter is solid albeit overrated.  I think we could hypothetically take them out in 6 now that we've added Hayward.  Heck, we were close to beating them in 6 with last year's team.

Bad coach, awful bench, IT>Wall, Smart>Beal, AL>Gortat, Otto Porter.. i can't even remember what he has done last playoffs
It should be a 5 game for us

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 07:29:26 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73

Bad coach, awful bench, IT>Wall, Smart>Beal, AL>Gortat, Otto Porter.. i can't even remember what he has done last playoffs

Smart > Beal ??

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2017, 07:32:26 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Smart > Beal ??

I am a big Smart supporter, but even I realize this must have been a typo...must've meant Hayward...right??

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2017, 07:33:45 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
The Wizards are pretty much running the exact same team out there, while it's pretty safe to say we improved.

They were neverreally competitive in Boston, and I think we are capable of winning there.

Sure 6 games sounds like a safe bet, but I could easily see us getting them out in 5.

Cleveland is still obviously good. Toronto is a good team as well. Neither improved though.

Miami could get better, but they won't make noise. Chicago and Atlanta were tough outs for us last year, but they will be trash. Indy was pretty bad and can now be added to the trash bin too.

So really, the only EC teams that should be noticeably better are the Bucks, the Heat, the Sixers, maybe the Pistons, and the Celtics.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2017, 09:37:21 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I'm far more worried about the Bucks and the 76ers than the Wizards. They seem to have already plateaued.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2017, 10:35:47 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
I'm far more worried about the Bucks and the 76ers than the Wizards. They seem to have already plateaued.

You mean you're worried about their star players going down with injuries? So are their fans and front office.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2017, 11:44:04 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

Celtics could've held onto the lead in Game 4 and this would have been over in Game 5.
Celtics could have also not choked in Game 6 and we would not have had Kelly Olynyk exploded for 26 points in the following game.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2017, 11:48:15 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
Wizards have cap issues and little opportunity to improve.  Wall, Beal, and Porter are a good trio, but I don't see them as a great rival down the road.  Bucks are more likely, and maybe the Sixers further in the future.

Good can in the Bucks I was going to mention them. Gianni's is a freak and only getting better. The Raptors and Wizards have the same problem, how are they going to get any better they're stuck just like most NBA franchises we're the ones that are luckier than anybody except Golden State of course.

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2017, 11:56:03 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney

Smart > Beal ??

I am a big Smart supporter, but even I realize this must have been a typo...must've meant Hayward...right??
This is counting overall stats, Smart is obviously better in every aspect besides scoring, which is also only going up, AND honestly i don't believe Beal can stay healthy like last season

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2017, 12:01:22 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney

Good can in the Bucks I was going to mention them. Gianni's is a freak and only getting better. The Raptors and Wizards have the same problem, how are they going to get any better they're stuck just like most NBA franchises we're the ones that are luckier than anybody except Golden State of course.

You mean the Giannis that ate the time and dunked when they are down 3?  i am not worried

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2017, 12:12:24 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

You mean the Giannis that ate the time and dunked when they are down 3?  i am not worried

Gianni's is better than anyone on our team as a two way player. He's 22. He's unreal. We are the better team obviously.