Author Topic: Sheridan: "Lebron 100% leaving. Relation w/ owners beyond repair"  (Read 6788 times)

Re: Sheridan: "Lebron 100% leaving. Relation w/ owners beyond repair"
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2017, 03:43:46 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I stand by my statement. I think the increase in technology in physical fitness and dietary knowledge will allow him to be one of the best if not the best player for several years still. He hasn't shown even a hint of slowing down.

If Tom Brady can still be playing football at the most elite level in football, I see no reason why Lebron can't do it until 35-37 in basketball.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 03:51:26 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2017, 05:11:29 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I still do not understand -- and have seen no reasons why -- why LeBron's relationship with the owners is beyond repair. What reasons are being given?

« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2017, 05:17:21 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
Sorry but if the best player in the world wants to join your team you take him.  LBJ on the Celtics makes them instant contenders and a team that can rival GSW.  If LBJ was with the's for 2 years then you can book two finals appearances.  Sorry Hayward but you can take a backseat to LBJ for 2 years.  When the run is done.  Horford, LBJ and possibly IT are gone and the C's build around the young talent, Hayward and may have cap space again.  Sorry but who wouldn't want that scenario?

You mean the young talent that we will have had to trade away to get LeBron for the two year run (which may only be a one year run since he has a player option after this season)?
exactly

TP

The question was based off of taking him next year when he opts out and is a FA.  It's theoretical based of an opinion would you want Lebron on your team yes or no.  I'm not saying I want the C's to trade the farm to get him.  I'm stating that if LBJ came to the C's and said I will sign with you for the full MLE or trading the lakers pick for 2 years of LBJ would you take him on your team.  My answer was yes.  Now if you pose the question would I trade Brown, Tatum, Smart, Picks for 1 year of LBJ then I agree I would not be on board with that.

My apologies,  I didn't understand that your plan was to sign him for the MLE.  How silly of me.  Yes, I would sign LeBron James to the MLE and deal with whatever disruption he might bring.

« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2017, 05:33:46 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Why is it beyond repair?

What have they done that is so awful in last 3-4 years?
Yeah good question.  Because they got rid of the GM that Lebron controlled like a puppet?

TP

« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2017, 07:35:12 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
This whole LeBron thing is fascinating. He is still arguably the only player in the world that could make any team an instant title contender. However, my intrigue revolves around the opinion of him in the forums.

On one hand, there are people claiming they don't want Irving because they can't understand why he would want to leave LeBron and a chance to go to the Finals again. They think Irving doesn't care about winning and must be selfish and a bad teammate.

When presented with the idea that LeBron is 100% leaving Cleveland in a year, there are people who want nothing to do with him, especially joining the team they root for. That he is the Walmart of the NBA and ruins franchises once he decides to leave.

We can't have it both ways. Are Celtics fans like Irving, where neither wants anything to do with Lebron anymore, or does neither care about winning? I, for one, would take Irving or LeBron in a heartbeat.
there are fans like myself who don't want irving for a different reason

IT is close to him imho. not as good but close. also IT has a higher team bbiq.

the problem is that to get irving you'd have to give up IT and probably a good young prospect.

i'd rather have IT and the prospect than irving

it has nothing to do with irving's desire to win or play with lebron
This^

NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2017, 08:39:46 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
LeCarpetbagger is ready to take the Legacy Show to it's final stop.

Certainly a great player... that is consumed by his own legacy, and literally sucks the life out of each team he goes to.

I just don't remember Bird and Magic acting this way.

« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2017, 09:30:33 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
We're still in really good shape even if we get #1 and 4, or 2 and 4. Or just #4. But it would be funny to get the 1 and 2 picks while being in the nba finals

« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2017, 12:43:22 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
LeCarpetbagger is ready to take the Legacy Show to it's final stop.

Certainly a great player... that is consumed by his own legacy, and literally sucks the life out of each team he goes to.

I just don't remember Bird and Magic acting this way.

Bird and Magic were on better teams than what Cleveland has had. In fact, the 80s Lakers/Celtics were stacked.

Was Lebron a big issue in Miami? I don't remember him being a locker room cancer.