Author Topic: Sheridan: "Lebron 100% leaving. Relation w/ owners beyond repair"  (Read 6797 times)

Re: Sheridan: "Lebron 100% leaving. Relation w/ owners beyond repair"
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2017, 12:54:28 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Makes you wonder if he'd join Boston. We'd be his best shot at winning it all vs GSW.
If they do blow it up id prefer Love over Kyrie.
pass
i'd pass as well

he'd turn our system into lebron ball

turn hayward into a role player

make us max out guys who aren't worth it

and then leave a year or two later on bad terms

lebron james is the walmart of the nba

he comes into your town. ruins the culture of that very town. and then leaves after a while, creating a giant hole that will take years to fill

edit: and like walmart, he's got all the things you need. passing, defense (in the past) scoring, etc.

Sorry but if the best player in the world wants to join your team you take him.  LBJ on the Celtics makes them instant contenders and a team that can rival GSW.  If LBJ was with the's for 2 years then you can book two finals appearances.  Sorry Hayward but you can take a backseat to LBJ for 2 years.  When the run is done.  Horford, LBJ and possibly IT are gone and the C's build around the young talent, Hayward and may have cap space again.  Sorry but who wouldn't want that scenario?
he isn't the best player anymore. Durant outplayed him. Durant also won finals mvp

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2017, 12:56:13 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
this is the same as what happened with Miami. Once they lost to the spurs in the finals, you saw that their time was coming to an end. Wade was deteriorating and they couldn't add anymore pieces due to the contracts they gave out to appease LeBron.

so he bolted to a cavs team that had a young star in irving, and just had gotten another #1 pick they could use to grab another star.

Now, we are in the same situation. instead of deteriorating we see Irving wants out. and the cavs cant make any more big moves because of the salary cap and contracts given out to appease LeBron like JR smith and Tristen Thompson. Now LeBron will leave them high and dry to go suck of a team with a young superstar and flexibility to add other players around him.

« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2017, 01:06:07 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
This whole LeBron thing is fascinating. He is still arguably the only player in the world that could make any team an instant title contender. However, my intrigue revolves around the opinion of him in the forums.

On one hand, there are people claiming they don't want Irving because they can't understand why he would want to leave LeBron and a chance to go to the Finals again. They think Irving doesn't care about winning and must be selfish and a bad teammate.

When presented with the idea that LeBron is 100% leaving Cleveland in a year, there are people who want nothing to do with him, especially joining the team they root for. That he is the Walmart of the NBA and ruins franchises once he decides to leave.

We can't have it both ways. Are Celtics fans like Irving, where neither wants anything to do with Lebron anymore, or does neither care about winning? I, for one, would take Irving or LeBron in a heartbeat.

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2017, 01:15:35 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
Sorry but if the best player in the world wants to join your team you take him.  LBJ on the Celtics makes them instant contenders and a team that can rival GSW.  If LBJ was with the's for 2 years then you can book two finals appearances.  Sorry Hayward but you can take a backseat to LBJ for 2 years.  When the run is done.  Horford, LBJ and possibly IT are gone and the C's build around the young talent, Hayward and may have cap space again.  Sorry but who wouldn't want that scenario?

You mean the young talent that we will have had to trade away to get LeBron for the two year run (which may only be a one year run since he has a player option after this season)?

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2017, 01:20:04 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
This whole LeBron thing is fascinating. He is still arguably the only player in the world that could make any team an instant title contender. However, my intrigue revolves around the opinion of him in the forums.

On one hand, there are people claiming they don't want Irving because they can't understand why he would want to leave LeBron and a chance to go to the Finals again. They think Irving doesn't care about winning and must be selfish and a bad teammate.

When presented with the idea that LeBron is 100% leaving Cleveland in a year, there are people who want nothing to do with him, especially joining the team they root for. That he is the Walmart of the NBA and ruins franchises once he decides to leave.

We can't have it both ways. Are Celtics fans like Irving, where neither wants anything to do with Lebron anymore, or does neither care about winning? I, for one, would take Irving or LeBron in a heartbeat.
there are fans like myself who don't want irving for a different reason

IT is close to him imho. not as good but close. also IT has a higher team bbiq.

the problem is that to get irving you'd have to give up IT and probably a good young prospect.

i'd rather have IT and the prospect than irving

it has nothing to do with irving's desire to win or play with lebron
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2017, 01:20:43 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen

You mean the young talent that we will have had to trade away to get LeBron for the two year run (which may only be a one year run since he has a player option after this season)?
exactly

TP
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2017, 01:54:37 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467

exactly

TP

The question was based off of taking him next year when he opts out and is a FA.  It's theoretical based of an opinion would you want Lebron on your team yes or no.  I'm not saying I want the C's to trade the farm to get him.  I'm stating that if LBJ came to the C's and said I will sign with you for the full MLE or trading the lakers pick for 2 years of LBJ would you take him on your team.  My answer was yes.  Now if you pose the question would I trade Brown, Tatum, Smart, Picks for 1 year of LBJ then I agree I would not be on board with that. 

« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2017, 02:02:02 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen

exactly

TP

The question was based off of taking him next year when he opts out and is a FA.  It's theoretical based of an opinion would you want Lebron on your team yes or no.  I'm not saying I want the C's to trade the farm to get him.  I'm stating that if LBJ came to the C's and said I will sign with you for the full MLE or trading the lakers pick for 2 years of LBJ would you take him on your team.  My answer was yes.  Now if you pose the question would I trade Brown, Tatum, Smart, Picks for 1 year of LBJ then I agree I would not be on board with that.
well there's no way he's taking the mle. that's not how he rolls

so realistically we'd have to clear a lot of space. we'd have to give away horford or hayward. and that would NOT be a good look after FINALLY getting top free agents to sign here

and that 1 year he is here we'd still have to bank on some miracle to win it all

lebron brings a kind of culture that is very un-celtic. i'm just personally not ok with that
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2017, 02:19:42 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Makes you wonder if he'd join Boston. We'd be his best shot at winning it all vs GSW.
pass
i'd pass as well

he comes into your town. ruins the culture of that very town. and then leaves after a while, creating a giant hole that will take years to fill

edit: and like walmart, he's got all the things you need. passing, defense (in the past) scoring, etc.

he isn't the best player anymore. Durant outplayed him. Durant also won finals mvp

A number of years ago I was on a team that finished 2nd in the league and lost by one point at the buzzer to lose the championship (this was devastating at the time) to a team full of very talented players. I was by far the best player on my team and led the league in several categories (including points and rebounds), but lost MVP to a player on the winning team. The next year, I was lucky enough to get drafted with two other fantastic players, along with several very good role players. We easily obtained the #1 seed, won the championship handily, and was rewarded with league MVP.

Basically what I am saying is, we all know the player that Durant is. Just because he joined up with the winningest team in NBA history and [unsurprisingly] won the NBA Championship does not mean he is now better than Lebron. And even if he did 'outplay' him, it was a lot easier for him to produce at a high level because of the firepower on GS. I don't like Lebron as a person, but he is pretty clearly the best player in the world and we should consider ourselves lucky if he has any interest in joining the Cs.

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2017, 02:28:14 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
pass
i'd pass as well

A number of years ago I was on a team that finished 2nd in the league and lost by one point at the buzzer to lose the championship (this was devastating at the time) to a team full of very talented players. I was by far the best player on my team and led the league in several categories (including points and rebounds), but lost MVP to a player on the winning team. The next year, I was lucky enough to get drafted with two other fantastic players, along with several very good role players. We easily obtained the #1 seed, won the championship handily, and was rewarded with league MVP.

Basically what I am saying is, we all know the player that Durant is. Just because he joined up with the winningest team in NBA history and [unsurprisingly] won the NBA Championship does not mean he is now better than Lebron. And even if he did 'outplay' him, it was a lot easier for him to produce at a high level because of the firepower on GS. I don't like Lebron as a person, but he is pretty clearly the best player in the world and we should consider ourselves lucky if he has any interest in joining the Cs.
i think it is a toss up

this is the first time durant has stacked the deck

lebron has done it 2 times (coming up on 3)

lebron is a better player all time, but durant is showing how good he can be with an actual system in place

even if lebron is better right now, i think it's waaayyy easier for durant to slide into any team. he doesn't have to dominate the ball. he can shoot. he can still play D.

but then again i most definitely am a classic lebron hater  ;D
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2017, 02:57:24 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
NBA should do something to stop this.

Why?

Lebron has sucked the life out of every team he's played for, and then left them dry every time once he felt there was no life left to suck out.

As far as I can see it, his departure from Clevleand was a very high probability the moment Clevleand lost to Golden State in that near-sweep.  It was cemented the moment free agency ended without a big name star coming Clevleand's way in a trade. 

With Cleveland making no improvements to a roster that was already proven to not be good enough to even compete with Golden State, why would he stay?

He's brought at least one championship and multiple Finals appearances, not to mention year-round relevance, to both franchises whose jersey he's put his name on.

You agree though getting Lebron at 33/34 with a one year contract is a lot different than getting Lebron at 25 years old on a 3 year contract or even Lebron at 29 with a 3 year deal... that is the main issue...

« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2017, 03:04:25 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Lebron is going to be the best or 2nd best player in the league for at least 3-5 more years. His conditioning and lack of any injury history are superb. He still scores at will and is rebounding and passing better than he ever has. His defense is still way above average.

I am not a Lebron fan but woould take him on this team in a heartbeat for several years if it meant only losing two of Brown, Tatum, Bkn 2018 or Lakers 2018/Sac 2019.

« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2017, 03:21:41 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
Lebron is going to be the best or 2nd best player in the league for at least 3-5 more years. His conditioning and lack of any injury history are superb. He still scores at will and is rebounding and passing better than he ever has. His defense is still way above average.

I am not a Lebron fan but woould take him on this team in a heartbeat for several years if it meant only losing two of Brown, Tatum, Bkn 2018 or Lakers 2018/Sac 2019.
come on man...tatum will be dominating by then   ;)
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2017, 03:33:54 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Lebron (or any player ever) will be the best or second best player in the league at 38? Come on man, that is just ridiculous. Conditioning, genetics or otherwise there are certain things about the body that can not be overcome with respect to aging.

« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2017, 03:42:50 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567

You might want to shorten up that timeframe. The odds that Lebron is in the top 3 after 35 are very long against him. There's only a handful of players at even 35 who might be considered top 3 in the league. Jordan was awesome at 35 and then went to play baseball. Malone was great at that age but he was unique in an era that tends to be suspect regarding athletes of that age. Even an ageless wonder like Kareem wasn't quite as good and definitely wasn't top 3. In short, there's scant evidence that most anyone maintained that kind of level after 35. He'll be 35 in 3 years and has a tremendous amount of mileage on his body. I believe he may already be 2nd in All-Time minutes played if you include playoffs. There's going to be a drop off and it wouldn't surprise me if it were this year or next. Even his giant body has a limit.

I'm a Lebron supporter, which seems to be a rarity around these parts. The guy is a freak and has put on some singular performances over the years. I wouldn't mind seeing him in green but I certainly wouldn't trade for him. Lebron's contract is up this coming year. There's no reason to "only" lose two of Brown, Tatum, Bkn 2018 or Lakers 2018/Sac 2019. There's no reason to lose any of those.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.