Author Topic: Sheridan: "Lebron 100% leaving. Relation w/ owners beyond repair"  (Read 6791 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
https://mobile.twitter.com/sheridanhoops/status/897906465960316929

NBA source said today: "This will be LeBron's final season in Cleveland. He is 100 percent leaving. Relationship with owners beyond repair."

As someone else has said on here- The wheels on the bus are falling off, falling off  :D

I'm interested in seeing if this speeds up the Irving trade process now.

With our new big 3 and all our draft picks, the east could be ours for a little while
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 11:45:33 PM by CelticsElite »

Re: Sheridan: "Lebron 100% leaving. Relation w/ owners beyond repair"
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 12:04:58 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
if he goes west, like everyone else, east will be in a all time worst shape.
but i agree, the cavs are done, matter of time and manner.
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 12:09:09 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
NBA should do something to stop this.

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 12:17:41 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
"basketball reasons"
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 01:22:03 AM »

Online byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033

NBA source said today: "This will be LeBron's final season in Cleveland. He is 100 percent leaving. Relationship with owners beyond repair."

As someone else has said on here- The wheels on the bus are falling off, falling off  :D

With our new big 3 and all our draft picks, the east could be ours for a little while

The Cavs should waive him, keep Kyrie and tank. That would be the ballsiest move imaginable. I don't think he can block a waiver claim with his no trade clause, so any team with enough cap room could force him on to the team. Or he could sign for the minimum with the Warriors.

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 01:36:20 AM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71

The Cavs should waive him, keep Kyrie and tank. That would be the ballsiest move imaginable. I don't think he can block a waiver claim with his no trade clause, so any team with enough cap room could force him on to the team. Or he could sign for the minimum with the Warriors.

Can you imagine that? :) 

Cheers to the Cavs quick demise!

Though your plan gives them options moving forward, I would prefer a full on meltdown
Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2017, 01:55:21 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

Why?

Lebron has sucked the life out of every team he's played for, and then left them dry every time once he felt there was no life left to suck out.

As far as I can see it, his departure from Clevleand was a very high probability the moment Clevleand lost to Golden State in that near-sweep.  It was cemented the moment free agency ended without a big name star coming Clevleand's way in a trade. 

With Cleveland making no improvements to a roster that was already proven to not be good enough to even compete with Golden State, why would he stay?

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2017, 02:09:14 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Makes you wonder if he'd join Boston. We'd be his best shot at winning it all vs GSW.
If they do blow it up id prefer Love over Kyrie.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2017, 02:33:59 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Why?

Lebron has sucked the life out of every team he's played for, and then left them dry every time once he felt there was no life left to suck out.

As far as I can see it, his departure from Clevleand was a very high probability the moment Clevleand lost to Golden State in that near-sweep.  It was cemented the moment free agency ended without a big name star coming Clevleand's way in a trade. 

With Cleveland making no improvements to a roster that was already proven to not be good enough to even compete with Golden State, why would he stay?

because he would only leave to go and form another super team somewhere, and that is destroying competition in the league. Do we really want another season of basketball with a pre-determined winner in November?

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2017, 04:43:02 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199

Why?

because he would only leave to go and form another super team somewhere, and that is destroying competition in the league. Do we really want another season of basketball with a pre-determined winner in November?
Where is he forming a superteam? Unless he takes a serious paycut then the only 'contender' he could join would be a reformed LAL with Paul George. George, Lebron and Ball is not a superteam, it's not even as good as this Cleveland team.
Otherwise his options are limited. He could convince his buddies to all take the vet min I guess and join Houston. That'd be hilarious to watch...

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2017, 06:27:04 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

I agree there is a "me" in Team when LeBron plays on your team.

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2017, 07:00:02 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
The Cavs should either stick it out for a year or look to trade Lebron to somewhere he can win this year so he waives his no trade clause. I'm thinking OKC might have a shout if they are willing to move wither Kanter or Adams as part of the deal. There would be an issue around tax for OKC this year though

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2017, 07:36:46 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Why is it beyond repair?

What have they done that is so awful in last 3-4 years?

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2017, 07:37:07 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think LeBron needs his own area in around the NBA because folks are fascinated with him.   Call it "Closet Cavs Fans"  perhaps  JK

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2017, 07:43:20 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Why is it beyond repair?

What have they done that is so awful in last 3-4 years?
Yeah good question.  Because they got rid of the GM that Lebron controlled like a puppet?