Author Topic: Sheridan: "Lebron 100% leaving. Relation w/ owners beyond repair"  (Read 6798 times)

Re: Sheridan: "Lebron 100% leaving. Relation w/ owners beyond repair"
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2017, 07:54:56 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Lebron has sucked the life out of every team he's played for, and then left them dry every time once he felt there was no life left to suck out.

I agree there is a "me" in Team when LeBron plays on your team.

But the "me" is disjointed and backwards, just like Bron Bron 's career, with the "me" emphasized.

tEaM

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2017, 08:29:54 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
Why is it beyond repair?

What have they done that is so awful in last 3-4 years?
Yeah good question.  Because they got rid of the GM that Lebron controlled like a puppet?

And the 25 yr old GM they have now can't be controlled by Lebron?

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2017, 09:10:21 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
The Cavs should either stick it out for a year or look to trade Lebron to somewhere he can win this year so he waives his no trade clause. I'm thinking OKC might have a shout if they are willing to move wither Kanter or Adams as part of the deal. There would be an issue around tax for OKC this year though

Are Kanter or Adams even net positives with their salaries? Kanter, a back up, is set to make $36.5M over the next two years, while Adams is starting the first year of a 4 yr/$100M deal. If OKC wants Lebron, they are going to have to offer a lot more than those two...and they don't have a lot more, other than Westbrook and George (which would defeat the purpose of trading for him).

You can pretty much go down the line like this with [good] teams...except, possibly, the Celtics.

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2017, 09:32:53 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
The Cavs should either stick it out for a year or look to trade Lebron to somewhere he can win this year so he waives his no trade clause. I'm thinking OKC might have a shout if they are willing to move wither Kanter or Adams as part of the deal. There would be an issue around tax for OKC this year though

Are Kanter or Adams even net positives with their salaries? Kanter, a back up, is set to make $36.5M over the next two years, while Adams is starting the first year of a 4 yr/$100M deal. If OKC wants Lebron, they are going to have to offer a lot more than those two...and they don't have a lot more, other than Westbrook and George (which would defeat the purpose of trading for him).

You can pretty much go down the line like this with [good] teams...except, possibly, the Celtics.
Well I guess the main positive is you keep Kyrie. At the moment it looks like neither will be there in a year. Kanter and Adams are both overpaid but they are salaries you can use in a future trade, Cleveland aren't coming under the cap for a while. Most importantly, if it is to be believed that Kyrie and Lebron can no longer coexist, you need to find somewhere that Lebron says yes to which is a very small list.

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2017, 09:42:51 AM »

Offline OHCeltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
I think LeBron might be different with BS as coach.  Brad is well established now. LeBrons other coaches were not well established.

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2017, 09:46:04 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Lebros is also well estabished.... 7 trips to the finals in a row......

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2017, 09:59:44 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Lebaby is a joke...he thinks he god or something

Cavs should trade him and kyrie and rebuild

You dont have to do a complete rebuild, though I doubt Love would want to stay

Good for the Celts

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2017, 10:02:40 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
NBA should do something to stop this.

Why?

Lebron has sucked the life out of every team he's played for, and then left them dry every time once he felt there was no life left to suck out.

As far as I can see it, his departure from Clevleand was a very high probability the moment Clevleand lost to Golden State in that near-sweep.  It was cemented the moment free agency ended without a big name star coming Clevleand's way in a trade. 

With Cleveland making no improvements to a roster that was already proven to not be good enough to even compete with Golden State, why would he stay?

He's brought at least one championship and multiple Finals appearances, not to mention year-round relevance, to both franchises whose jersey he's put his name on.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2017, 10:42:19 AM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
It may not be a bad idea to keep Kyrie and see if Lebron will wave his no-trade clause to chase a title somewhere for 1 year then go to LA as a FA.

Cleveland could potentially get their version of the BKN trade, and Lebron wouldn't mind gutting the assets of the team he is traded to since he is leaving as a FA anyway. Somewhere like OKC for a bunch of contract dumps and future un or low protected picks, which could look like the BKN picks once George, Lebron, and Westbrook all bolt. OKC would get 1 year of true title contention.

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2017, 10:45:48 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
NBA should do something to stop this.

Why?

As far as I can see it, his departure from Clevleand was a very high probability the moment Clevleand lost to Golden State in that near-sweep.  It was cemented the moment free agency ended without a big name star coming Clevleand's way in a trade. 

With Cleveland making no improvements to a roster that was already proven to not be good enough to even compete with Golden State, why would he stay?
well, he did manage to bring a championship to every team he ever played for as well. there is that to balance out the life sucking.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2017, 11:45:31 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Makes you wonder if he'd join Boston. We'd be his best shot at winning it all vs GSW.
If they do blow it up id prefer Love over Kyrie.
pass

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2017, 11:52:30 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Makes you wonder if he'd join Boston. We'd be his best shot at winning it all vs GSW.
pass
i'd pass as well

he'd turn our system into lebron ball

turn hayward into a role player

make us max out guys who aren't worth it

and then leave a year or two later on bad terms

lebron james is the walmart of the nba

he comes into your town. ruins the culture of that very town. and then leaves after a while, creating a giant hole that will take years to fill

edit: and like walmart, he's got all the things you need. passing, defense (in the past) scoring, etc.
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2017, 12:06:17 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
pass
i'd pass as well

he comes into your town. ruins the culture of that very town. and then leaves after a while, creating a giant hole that will take years to fill

edit: and like walmart, he's got all the things you need. passing, defense (in the past) scoring, etc.
and he is cheesy as well. the perfect walmart match.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2017, 12:20:46 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
pass
i'd pass as well

Sorry but if the best player in the world wants to join your team you take him.  LBJ on the Celtics makes them instant contenders and a team that can rival GSW.  If LBJ was with the's for 2 years then you can book two finals appearances.  Sorry Hayward but you can take a backseat to LBJ for 2 years.  When the run is done.  Horford, LBJ and possibly IT are gone and the C's build around the young talent, Hayward and may have cap space again.  Sorry but who wouldn't want that scenario?

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2017, 12:42:27 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
pass
i'd pass as well

Sorry but if the best player in the world wants to join your team you take him.  LBJ on the Celtics makes them instant contenders and a team that can rival GSW.  If LBJ was with the's for 2 years then you can book two finals appearances.  Sorry Hayward but you can take a backseat to LBJ for 2 years.  When the run is done.  Horford, LBJ and possibly IT are gone and the C's build around the young talent, Hayward and may have cap space again.  Sorry but who wouldn't want that scenario?
"sorry" but lebron isn't 28 anymore

did you watch the finals?

his offense was great but he didn't show up at all on defense

i don't want a past his prime lebron on this celtics team if he's still going to bring ledrama and hold the [dang] team hostage

i'd rather see our team grow like it has.

i just don't want someone on the celtics that puts himself above the team

your opinion is totally valid, but i just don't feel the same way
I trust Danny Ainge