Poll

Would you deal Horford, Crowder, Rozier and a non nets/LA 1st for LeBron?

Yes
25 (61%)
No
16 (39%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: Would you buy low on LeBron?  (Read 4886 times)

Would you buy low on LeBron?
« on: August 16, 2017, 06:26:57 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I don't think C's should bother with dealing for Irving. We should try for LeBron though. If Cavs are thinking long term dealing LeBron and building around Irving is the best move.

My offer would be Horford, Crowder and Rozier along with a non Lakers/net 1st pick for LeBron.

C's starters= IT, Hayward, LeBron, Morris, Baynes
Bench= Smart, Brown, Tatum, Theis, Zizic.

Get a few vets to come in mid season after buyouts and maybe they can challenge Warriors.

Cavs team stays legit and probably still 2nd best team in the East

Irving, Korver, Crowder, Love, Horford.

Re: Would you buy low on LeBron?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 06:41:43 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I don't think C's should bother with dealing for Irving. We should try for LeBron though. If Cavs are thinking long term dealing LeBron and building around Irving is the best move.

My offer would be Horford, Crowder and Rozier along with a non Lakers/net 1st pick for LeBron.

Get a few vets to come in mid season after buyouts and maybe they can challenge Warriors.

Your offer couldn't get the Cavs to trade us Irving, nevermind Lebron. You would need to send salary, Tatum, 2018 Brooklyn and the LA/Sactown pick to land the best player in the world. Even if for just one year.

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 07:15:05 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

Your offer couldn't get the Cavs to trade us Irving, nevermind Lebron. You would need to send salary, Tatum, 2018 Brooklyn and the LA/Sactown pick to land the best player in the world. Even if for just one year.
The last two years has shown stars aren't even going for 50 cents on the dollar. It wont take that to get LeBron on a one year. The deal I said is best they could hope for. Its clear Irving doesn't want to play with LeBron. LeBron is rumored to moving on next off season.

What makes the most sense long term for Cavs, trade away a star that is young and under contract and look to rebuild with Love as the franchise star when LeBron walks or acquiring good players to stay in playoffs by trading away the star that is older and plans to leave anyways building around Irving?

Again who can offer Cavs a better package than Horford, Crowder, Rozier and a 1st? And that salary works for LeBron.

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 07:17:45 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
Lebron is maybe the best player ever to play. Russell, Wilt, Jordan, Lebron. He's a genius. Literally a genius. And he basically guarantees you a finals appearance. He is worth even Brooklyn '18.

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 07:19:00 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
This is the most far-fetched ridiculous idea for a thread I've seen on CB in a long time.

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 07:21:58 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
This is the most far-fetched ridiculous idea for a thread I've seen on CB in a long time.

^This

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2017, 07:59:45 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Who voted no?

We are talking about Lebron freaking James.

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2017, 08:13:29 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I don't think this is even a possibility unless Lebron publicly states he is leaving Cleveland after 2018 and will wave his NTC to leave earlier

OR

Cleveland fully backs Kyrie (and the future) and isolates Lebron, basically 'forcing' him to waive his NTC.

In neither scenario can the Cavs expect to get a monumental haul unless Lebron guarantees he will sign on for multiple additional years; however, a number of teams would be very interested as it would give them even just one legitimate opportunity at a championship. Because of this, you would have to expect at least the LAL/Sac pick or more likely the BKN pick to be involved in the proposed package.

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2017, 08:13:34 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I wouldn't trade Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. for a 1 yr rental I don't care who he is

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2017, 08:13:50 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
He's an aging player, and a ****ty GM/coach. I still wouldn't, unless we could somehow include moranis in the deal.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2017, 08:24:26 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
How do people not get that LBJ has a no trade contract by now?

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2017, 08:27:24 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
In basketball terms, this is ridiculous. Cleveland couldn't do better for LeBron freakin' James? Um, yes they could.

In fan terms, sure, I wouldn't even want to see it. There'd be no joy in trading for LeBron. That's whole 'nother thing, though.

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2017, 08:35:07 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
1. I don't think this is even a possibility unless Lebron publicly states he is leaving Cleveland after 2018 and will wave his NTC to leave earlier

OR

2. Cleveland fully backs Kyrie (and the future) and isolates Lebron, basically 'forcing' him to waive his NTC.

In neither scenario can the Cavs expect to get a monumental haul unless Lebron guarantees he will sign on for multiple additional years; however, a number of teams would be very interested as it would give them even just one legitimate opportunity at a championship. Because of this, you would have to expect at least the LAL/Sac pick or more likely the BKN pick to be involved in the proposed package.

Maybe the first half of #1 has happened...

Chris Sheridan
@sheridanhoops
  5h 

NBA source said today: "This will be LeBron's final season in Cleveland. He is 100 percent leaving. Relationship with owners beyond repair." 

.....if so, I can see the second half of #1 happening. If  all of #1 happens, the Cavs keep Kyrie and go with the youth movement.

Bron Bron wants to win NOW. He won't approve a trade to a team that is weakened substantially from winning now by trading for him.

I REALLY don't like Bron Bron, but (I can't believe that I am saying this) I voted "yes".  (The laundry, right?!?!)

God, I feel dirty.

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2017, 08:45:31 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
The sad part is Boston would be the PERFECT place for him to spend the next 2-3 years if he came here as an FA or forced a trade. He could slide right into PF with Horford at C. The East would be relatively depleted, so he would be a favorite to get to the Finals every year. Great coach, great ball movement, wouldn't have to shoulder a specific load, could just do all the things he is naturally good at and age gracefully.

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2017, 09:00:46 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Hey, it's August. Go back a year and look at the threads from this time.

It's the dog days of the off season. But tp to the op for trying.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva