Author Topic: morris is just what we needed  (Read 6860 times)

morris is just what we needed
« on: August 16, 2017, 02:56:58 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Jerebko hustled but his drives to hoop were painful,he had to be wide open to shoot threes as his release was so slow,
At times amir seemed so brittle he would shatter',sooo slow from three,
Kelly got stuck in the paint at times sooo clumsy
No lift,short wingspan,poor rebounder
Zeller had such a good perimeter shot a couple years ago,he also had a deadly flip hook right and left and he ran the court-he just regressed and lost confidence
From tapes, morris looks to be just what we haven't had a power forward that can shoot threes post up,hit mid-range and maybe rebound.
 And he is tough,smooth forward that is easy to watch.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 07:40:18 AM by rollie mass »

Re: morris is just what we needed
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 04:32:44 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Exactly. TP to the OP, Morris is a combo forward that can be a very good super sub or even starter if we go small.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 06:41:01 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I thought Gerald Green was just what we needed :D

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 06:50:45 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Exactly. TP to the OP, Morris is a combo forward that can be a very good super sub or even starter if we go small.
I expect this team will go small more often than you might think.  They are still a small team overall.  Morris should take minutes from Crowder when CBS wants more firepower on the court.  A lineup of IT, Hayward, Crowder, Morris and Horford will create some interesting matchup problems for other teams.

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 07:34:00 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
Brad also has the gift of making players better! Morris should become more efficient have cleaner more open corner threes-
Whats this got to do with green -A snarky comment
" Sarcasm is angers ugly cousin"-quote from JACK
Green did his job during playoffs he was one of the few who created their own offense
We have a lot of shooters now
Green had a great attitude and helped Jaylen
 he was a good vet to have around
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 07:45:07 AM by rollie mass »

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 07:44:17 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I expect this team will go small more often than you might think.  They are still a small team overall.  Morris should take minutes from Crowder when CBS wants more firepower on the court.  A lineup of IT, Hayward, Crowder, Morris and Horford will create some interesting matchup problems for other teams.
And will cause some interesting ones for us as well, I'm tired od getting outrebounded, even more so now that we have the size to play at C in Baynes and Zizic.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2017, 08:38:19 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I thought Gerald Green was just what we needed :D

I was thinking the same thing.

Maybe Green is a stiletto to Morris' weapon of mass destruction. Rollie, can you talk as to what happened to Green and why he is no longer on the C's or on any NBA roster for that matter?

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2017, 09:15:28 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I guess Morris' biggest plus for me is that he's supposedly a very good defender on LeBUM.

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2017, 09:42:06 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
If you hadn't noticed the celts have gotten longer and more athletic and they all can shoot-
Last year-kelly,jerebko,zeller ,james young,
A stiletto is not a swiss army knife,but a quick opening weapon designed to penetrate-green could create quickly and had length and athleticism only matched by Jaylen
celts wouldn't have beaten chicago without him-jaylen got his playing time and he was a perfect teammate-
now you got it in for morris-tell him to his face!!!!
green served his purpose-remember your options james young

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2017, 10:28:57 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
And will cause some interesting ones for us as well, I'm tired od getting outrebounded, even more so now that we have the size to play at C in Baynes and Zizic.
So, I just think this is an old school way of looking at it.  NBA is changing and tends to be a "copy-cat" league.  EXHIBIT ONE: GSW. Great shooters obviously, solid defense plus enough rebounding to get by. 

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2017, 10:30:04 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Brad also has the gift of making players better! Morris should become more efficient have cleaner more open corner threes-
Green did his job during playoffs he was one of the few who created their own offense

I love this. Moiso bringing up Gerald Green was dumb. If it was an attempt at humor, it flopped. Yuuge flop. Very sad Moiso.

I liked Green for what he did. I also think Morris will be good for what he was brought in to do. I love how the Morris twins play with toughness. Lebron might get his 40 points, but Morris is going to get him in the ribs or somewhere else a couple times during the process.

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2017, 02:13:36 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
I don't get why Morris is considered only a "small ball" PF.  Here are some players and their pre-draft without shoes measurements:

Crowder       6' 4.75"
Morris          6' 7.00"
Love            6' 7.75"
Sullinger      6' 7.75"
Horford        6' 8.75"

Yes, he is just what we need, a PF.  I guess Baynes and Horford could be the starters but I would be surprised.  I think our starting and most featured bigs will be Morris and Horford.  And if you like standing reach (which may be a better indicator of length):

Crowder       8' 3.50"
Morris          8' 9.50"
Love            8' 10.0"
Sullinger      8' 9.75"
Horford        8' 11.0"

Still I see many line ups that have Crowder playing PF.  Crowder is undersized for SF, much less a PF.  Morris may be a tad below ideal for PF but Sullinger and Horford are considered PF/C.  Love is clearly considered a PF.  But not Morris?  I admit I am not all that familiar with his game but I don't see why we would need to play him anywhere but PF.

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2017, 02:17:28 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

I love this. Moiso bringing up Gerald Green was dumb. If it was an attempt at humor, it flopped. Yuuge flop. Very sad Moiso.

I liked Green for what he did. I also think Morris will be good for what he was brought in to do. I love how the Morris twins play with toughness. Lebron might get his 40 points, but Morris is going to get him in the ribs or somewhere else a couple times during the process.

I found it hilarious after reading thread after thread from the OP how Green was going to be one of the Celtics best players and exactly what the C's needed last offseason.

I like Rollie and enjoy reading his posts and everyone is entitled to their opinions but the joke was funny IMO.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2017, 03:20:22 PM »

Offline ThePaintedArea

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 111
Yes, he is just what we need, a PF.  I guess Baynes and Horford could be the starters but I would be surprised.

I would, too. Horford was not great at guarding out on the floor, and with Baynes that makes two of them.  I count Baynes as 8th man, coming in for Horford, until Tatum gets into the rotation - maybe even after he does.

Still I see many line ups that have Crowder playing PF.  Crowder is undersized for SF, much less a PF.  Morris may be a tad below ideal for PF but Sullinger and Horford are considered PF/C.

Yes, Crowder is undersized at 4. In addition to Morris, though, Boston has added Tatum and Ojeleye. Those guys' inexperience, and in Tatum's case the need to put on weight, will make Morris the prohibitive favorite at swing to begin the year.

Note the opportunity available to Ojeleye to get into the rotation. But Crowder is the "incumbent". Boston has a lack of quality bigs - so maybe Crowder gets some backup minutes at swing, especially in the early part of the year.

I count Crowder as 7th man (or 6th - it makes a lot of sense to bring him in with Smart, since he makes up for Smart's shooting deficiencies).   So - Crowder comes in for Morris and Smart for Brown?

... Morris?  I admit I am not all that familiar with his game but I don't see why we would need to play him anywhere but PF.

I agree. The acquisition of Hayward, the retention of Crowder, and the emergence of Brown will decrease the available minutes at the wings, and that's before Tatum comes online - as he surely will.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 03:25:40 PM by ThePaintedArea »

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2017, 04:23:52 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker

I found it hilarious after reading thread after thread from the OP how Green was going to be one of the Celtics best players and exactly what the C's needed last offseason.

I like Rollie and enjoy reading his posts and everyone is entitled to their opinions but the joke was funny IMO.

Thread after thread and i don't think i ever stated he would be one of the celtics best players-i referenced his contribution along with isaiah, as a highly ranked duo in western conference-his attempts to play defence in miami and how good he could be with isaiah in transition-i purposely called him a stilleto  to be used by Brad not to be confused with a butter knife-i
 I quoted brad several times and how much he feared green-as the celtics had so littlle length and guys that could jump. I was looking forward to some speed and above the rim play in transition with isaiah
It must have made some impact for you to remember even incorrectly -i read every article,viewed every tape i could find and green was exciting and can get hot fast and can create his shot when everybody else is stagnating-
Morris has averaged 14 points a game,spreads the court is the best defender of lebron, a tough guy and after kelly,sully ,jerebko ,zreller amir and james young just what the celts need and priced right for the next two years
-there are times i wonder, how the celts did it-opps isaiah did it-
if jaylen didn't make the strides he did last season,green was going to be the only offensive spark plug the celts had off the bench-i don't think i ever stated he was going to be one of the celtics best players -but probably hoped the chemistry with isaiah could be rekindled
you must have a rolodex of resentments, so your pulled one out and i think exaggerated and were confused by my short term exuberance.
I also thought that jerebko would shoot better after a summer season working on his shot.He even  had a gym in his house but he didn't .
I liked Nader his length and use of either hand and he could shoot and get to the hoop left and right unlike james young.But that was before we acquired so much wing talent
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 05:28:28 PM by rollie mass »