Author Topic: C's have 2nd easiest strength of schedule, Lakers/nets 3rd/7th most difficult  (Read 3892 times)

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Top 2 reasons we have such an easy schedule

1. We are in the East
2. We don't have to play the Celtics

3. The Nets and Sixers are in our division.

But I think your point, if I understand it, is right. This is mostly about division/conference placement. It's not like the NFL, where some teams play a set of opponents (outside the division) who can be very good or very bad based on the whims of the schedule-setting process.
Yeah that's more or less what I am saying, but the NFL schedule is designed by a strict formula too.

6 games in your division.
4 games against a rotating division in the other conference.
4 games against a rotating division in your conference
2 games against the teams in the remaining 2 divisions within your conference who finished the same place within their division as you.

doesnt contradict anything you said, but I learned this fairly recently and found it rather interesting.

Been that way since they switched to the 8 division format.  Prior to that they had something similar in concept, just with fewer teams and only 6 divisions.  I always laughed at Atlanta being in the "West" and Phoenix being in the "East".

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
The Celtics are also traveling the 3rd most miles during the season. Look where Cleveland is.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/team-travels-most-miles-nba-124420788.html

That because of London game.

Oh yeah.