Author Topic: Woj: Boston has interest in Irving, no formal offer made yet. Cavs like Tatum  (Read 18251 times)

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
IT and Irving are basically equivalent talents.

Why would we throw in a top 3(Tatum/Brown) pick to make it happen?

Crowder and a celtics 1st is the max I would do.

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
DO NOT TRADE TATUM!!

Can it be said any clearer.

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
IT and Irving are basically equivalent talents.

Why would we throw in a top 3(Tatum/Brown) pick to make it happen?

Crowder and a celtics 1st is the max I would do.

I agree, that would be it.

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I don't see a deal happening, where Boston gets Irving. It's not that I wouldn't want Irving. Unfortunately, it seems that Boston is in a position where having young talented players (Brown and Tatum) and high draft picks, is proving to be a double edge sword. On one hand, it would seem Boston should be able to package a competitive offer for any player on the trade market. In some instances, where an A list player is on the trade market, the Celtics seem like a team that can pay a premium too. However, we seem to be finding this is not the case after all. From the offers that have been rumored for players in the past, the Boston offers seem reasonable in regards to the value of the player that would be coming back. However, when it comes to talking about those A list players that Boston desires, it seems like those teams want a teams best trade package. Unfortunately for Boston, that package includes Brown, Tatum, the Nets 2018 pick and the 76ers pick. For Cleveland, they may ask for 3 out of those 4 assets. Another team may not have anywhere near the talent options, but Cleveland would be happier dealing with that other team knowing they received that teams best trade package.

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Well, they could be interested all the want, but they are not getting Jayson Tatum.

Isiah Thomas, Jae Crowder and another salary filler should be a good enough offer. In fact, I don't know if they can get an offer better than that, unless they get Josh Jackson from Phoenix.

Whatt'ya say, Cleveland?
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

Offline No Nickname

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 82
No, no, and more no...If Kyrie is not happy playing along side LeBron and with participating in 3 straight NBA Finals, he won't be happy here.

I don't think it's as simple as that. Imagine playing with a guy who, while perhaps the best player on the planet, thinks he's also better than everyone else in every other way. A guy who thinks he's the funniest, coolest, toughest guy in the room, but in reality he's a Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline..

A guy who gets special treatment from ownership, management, and the coaching staff. Who has an overinflated ego and feels like he's always right and can criticize you at any time, yet you aren't allowed to criticize him.

Yeah, that would be a really fun environment.

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
Say there is a trade for Irving that doesn't involve Thomas (hypothetically as I am not sure there is) but then we could trade IT to the Knicks for Porzingis.  We would have a very good young team with Irving as the leader.

The trick is to make the Irving trade work.  Hard to see how it could work unless Horford was involved (Horford and Rozier for Irving and Frye maybe?).  Smart, Morris, and Tatum were suggested.  Does the salary even work for that trade (I guess it does)?  Taht does not seem to help CLE win now all that much.  If you know we could get Porzingis for IT, would you be willing to trade Horford?  (I know, I know, no FA would ever sign with us again if we traded Horford but I don't buy that trading him to Cleveland would be such a bad thing for him).

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Unless we flip Irving for someone like AD, it doesn't make any sense. Ainge would never do IT and Tatum for Irving.

There's no way Kyrie and Isaiah could play together.

Unless it was a three-team trade, I don't see it. And I don't believe Cleveland would help facilitate us getting supreme talent in any way.

I'm not completely convinced this is true.  And that's why I'd be very intrigued in Tatum, Smart, and Morris for Kyrie.  I haven't sold myself on it yet, mostly because I don't want to play against Smart in the playoffs.  But that's what I'd look at.
Good back-courts would abuse us on the defensive end, but on the other end of the court what back-court can match the offensive dynamism of IT and Kyrie.

I still don't see any deal that benefits us.

I don't really either, but pairing IT/Kyrie is the closest.  You'd need to have faith that Stevens could coach Irving into being a non-liability.  He has the physical attributes to at least be passable on D, so while unlikely, it isn't impossible.  We probably could afford to resign IT next season as well, because we'd ship out $12 million in 2018-2019 salary.

Trading IT and Tatum and "filler" (which we don't have much of that isn't useful) is a terrible deal, so hopefully Ainge isn't looking at that avenue.

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Heck no.

I wouldn't trade a bag of chips for Irving. He'd rather get stats than win (trade demand), he's a locker room cancer (didn't talk with his teammates during the playoffs) and he's as dumb as a box of rocks (flat-earther).
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Barf. Irving ain't bad but don't we already have a big-scoring, no defense PG already??

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Well, they could be interested all the want, but they are not getting Jayson Tatum.

Isiah Thomas, Jae Crowder and another salary filler should be a good enough offer. In fact, I don't know if they can get an offer better than that, unless they get Josh Jackson from Phoenix.

Whatt'ya say, Cleveland?

Josh Jackson isn't headed anywhere, Phoenix front office would get lynched.

Fans get sick of teams hyping up their young draft picks and "young talent" only to see them traded for whatever disgruntled "superstar" hits the market. It's like getting a nice present on Christmas and then your mom trading it out for your brother's gift from two Christmases ago.

Suns fans could not stomach watching their team suck all year just so they could get Kyrie Irving for possibly two years..

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Tatum and IT4 contract fillers for Irving...but no future picks

Need to think about it

Irving will go off against the cavs in the ecf

You could think about IT4 for Irving straight up. 

You can't think about IT4 plus Tatum. That is insane. 

You lost your GM privileges for a month, TB.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Need to think about it

you can't be seriuos...
IT for Kyrie would be great, and that's one of the best offers that the cavs would be able to facilitate in this position.
Giving the #1 pick and a superstar for a superstar...well you can see that it doesn't add up, at all.

Irving is better than IT4...

He has been to the finals 3 times now and won a ring. He is younger. Better defender. Better stats (not by alot but still). 

Plus  you have him for another season.... (Could trade him etc)

Cavs say no to a Irving and IT4 1 on 1 swap

Maybe instead of adding tatum

IT4, Crowder, Rozier and a 2018 lakers or nets pick (whichever is best) could do the trick

This thing is dragging out like crazy.... Cavs have no way out and Celts might be the only trading partner left....

The more I think about it, doesnt make sense the Suns trading for Irving. Not in line to contend

Horford
Morris
Hayward
Smart/Brown
Irving

This unit looks like it can win a championship

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

Need to think about it

you can't be seriuos...
IT for Kyrie would be great, and that's one of the best offers that the cavs would be able to facilitate in this position.
Giving the #1 pick and a superstar for a superstar...well you can see that it doesn't add up, at all.

Irving is better than IT4...

He has been to the finals 3 times now and won a ring. He is younger. Better defender. Better stats (not by alot but still). 

Plus  you have him for another season.... (Could trade him etc)

Cavs say no to a Irving and IT4 1 on 1 swap

Maybe instead of adding tatum

IT4, Crowder, Rozier and a 2018 lakers or nets pick (whichever is best) could do the trick

This thing is dragging out like crazy.... Cavs have no way out and Celts might be the only trading partner left....

The more I think about it, doesnt make sense the Suns trading for Irving. Not in line to contend

Horford
Morris
Hayward
Smart/Brown
Irving

This unit looks like it can win a championship

Really? Pffft, that team probably can't make it out of the East.

Trading the 2018 Nets pick? That could be Bagley or Porter?? what the heck??

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Need to think about it

You could think about IT4 for Irving straight up. 

You can't think about IT4 plus Tatum. That is insane. 

You lost your GM privileges for a month, TB.

Take off your celts homer , lets rip off other teams hat
How is IT4 for Irving 1 to 1 trade fair?