Author Topic: Prediction regarding the Brooklyn pick  (Read 3326 times)

Re: Prediction regarding the Brooklyn pick
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2017, 04:26:33 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Is it too late to predict it will be traded to Cleveland along with IT, Crowder and Zizic for Kyrie Irving.

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2017, 10:11:50 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Cripes, double post.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 10:20:13 AM by smokeablount »
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2017, 10:12:14 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
If Cleveland keeps this pick heading into the draft lottery, no matter where the Nets finish in the standings (assuming they don't make the playoffs, of course), the Cavs will win the lottery.

I don't buy the belief that the NBA never does anything to influence the lottery. With that in mind, this one seems like a no-brainer.

If LeBron decides to stay in Cleveland, then the Cavs either have an even bigger trade chip to dangle, or they can use the pick and select a potential star to groom under James.

And if James leaves and the Cavs use the pick, then this keeps basketball alive in Cleveland. When the Cavs aren't good, they draw horribly, and the league knows that. That's one thing that I love about the Celtics - even when we aren't great, the fan support is still there. But Cleveland will literally become the graveyard of the NBA if the league doesn't ensure that there's a young star playing there.

I hope I'm wrong, but I see this one coming from a mile away.

They might win the lottery.  Odds are odds and unlikely events always have a chance of occurring. If they do, it is not because the NBA rigged it or because you saw it from a mile away.  Its because when you've got a chance you've got a chance.  Things can happen naturally too.  If I do some funky dance to honor the Flying Spaghetti Monster before I chuck up a backwards half court shot and the shot goes in, that doesn't mean the Spaghetti Monster put the ball in the hoop for me.  Sometimes unlikely things just happen by chance and if something has a 1/100 chance of happening, well its going to happen that 1 time at some point.

No, it was absolutely due to the Flying Spaghetti Monster.  TAKE IT BACK, YOU'LL ANGER HIM  :'( and then we'll end up with the 2019 Philly pick.  Mark my words.

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2017, 10:15:18 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I expect Brooklyn to finish in that 25-30ish wins range and yield a pick right around the middle of the lottery.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2017, 10:18:03 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
No doubt it's a good pick. 7:30PM tonight is when the Nets became good again.

All of a sudden heaps of praise for Crabbe, Russell, Mozgov, etc.

People are delusional. Nets will be terrible, the pick will be a good one. Terrible addition, should have been the Lakers/Kings pick if we HAD to add one.

You realize it's a 'lottery', right ? Ping pong balls determine the pick location
It doesn't matter.  They will have the worst record in the league and that will guarantee them a top 5 pick.

Yeah?  Then let's bet $500 they don't finish with the worst record.  Accept or backtrack...

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2017, 10:50:31 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
If Cleveland keeps this pick heading into the draft lottery, no matter where the Nets finish in the standings (assuming they don't make the playoffs, of course), the Cavs will win the lottery.

I don't buy the belief that the NBA never does anything to influence the lottery. With that in mind, this one seems like a no-brainer.

If LeBron decides to stay in Cleveland, then the Cavs either have an even bigger trade chip to dangle, or they can use the pick and select a potential star to groom under James.

And if James leaves and the Cavs use the pick, then this keeps basketball alive in Cleveland. When the Cavs aren't good, they draw horribly, and the league knows that. That's one thing that I love about the Celtics - even when we aren't great, the fan support is still there. But Cleveland will literally become the graveyard of the NBA if the league doesn't ensure that there's a young star playing there.

I hope I'm wrong, but I see this one coming from a mile away.

They might win the lottery.  Odds are odds and unlikely events always have a chance of occurring. If they do, it is not because the NBA rigged it or because you saw it from a mile away.  Its because when you've got a chance you've got a chance.  Things can happen naturally too.  If I do some funky dance to honor the Flying Spaghetti Monster before I chuck up a backwards half court shot and the shot goes in, that doesn't mean the Spaghetti Monster put the ball in the hoop for me.  Sometimes unlikely things just happen by chance and if something has a 1/100 chance of happening, well its going to happen that 1 time at some point.

It does if you're a pirate.

BTW, the Nets will finish in the bottom 3. They're awful.

Mike

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2017, 02:10:09 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
It is amazing how much better the Nets became once we traded their pick. In all fairness, the Lakers seem to have more talent but much of it is still very young and their schedule in the West will be brutal. The Nets have less talent but will put up points and their schedule is much less formidable.

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2017, 02:15:39 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
been saying it'll be a top 8 pick before we traded it with a stronger feeling it'll be top 5.  still think it will be top 5 now that Cleveland has it. 

Danny should have put protections on it similar to what Philly did when they sent us the LA pick --> at a minimum only give Cleveland the lesser of the 2 picks if LA's conveys next year.  why preclude ourselves from getting the top pick again? 

Then again, Danny shouldn't have included that pick in the trade in the first place

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2017, 02:42:00 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
The Nets guards and wings aren't too bad, but man their bigs Mozgov, Booker, and the rook Collins.  That can't be it? They need to sign 1 or 2 more bigs in a hurry.  Lol