Author Topic: Fulz already being disrespected(Rookie Photoshoot)  (Read 8110 times)

Re: Fulz already being disrespected(Rookie Photoshoot)
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2017, 03:33:45 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
and not only is he being disrespected in the photo, cb can't even spell his name correctly in the thread title!!!  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2017, 04:17:42 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
I wouldn't say Fultz had a lack of confidence in that video, he's just a more low key character from the looks of it. That doesn't mean he doesn't have the drive to better himself.

Interesting that Lonzo had the ball though. Jayson all the way at the back as well. Easy to make the argument that they want Lonzo as the face of a resurgent LA for years to come. That should act as fuel for all rookies selected around him.
He indeed has work ethic, i am talking about alpha though
I don;t think he is lowkey in nature, remember his (privately at the time)tweet video laughing at LBJ's hair? that's not lowkey, if anything he is afraid to show it up
Tatum in the back because his height and also his teammate, look at his smile, that's not the face
a disrespected man have
Was Tim Duncan alpha? You don't have to be like Kobe to be a great player. Bill Russell, Ray Allen, Hakeem the dream. I doubt those players would be ripping balls out of hands at a rookie shoot.
will yeah i guess if you are DuncanRussell talented then alpha won't be a must, but still it's a improtant factor and will be a plus if they have it

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2017, 04:21:41 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I like Markelle. I believe he took this slight, internalized it and is just gonna add it to the chip on his shoulder.

hes not loud and in your face, but I think hes gonna compete. You dont go from JV team to #1 pick in 4 years without being a competitor.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2017, 04:28:05 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Not to hate on the story, but here's a look at the last few years rookie classes.  I see no trend of #1 pick holding the ball.

The 76ers and their fans seem to really be worrying about the wrong things these days. Ben Simmons and Embiid getting into it with Lavar Ball and swearing on social media (causing a fine from the NBA), Embiid concerned he is rated too low in NBA 2K, fans worried about where Fultz is stationed in the rookie photo. These guys need to shut up and worry about their on the court play and staying healthy and stop worrying so much about perception. I don't feel like they will reach their full potential unless they do.
Funny.  I don't see anything on Liberty Ballers about this.  Seems like there is more concern on here to downgrade Fultz to justify the trade.  Nothing you mention means anything on how the Sixers will perform this season or reaching their full potential. 

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2017, 04:41:51 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
The 76ers and their fans seem to really be worrying about the wrong things these days. Ben Simmons and Embiid getting into it with Lavar Ball and swearing on social media (causing a fine from the NBA), Embiid concerned he is rated too low in NBA 2K, fans worried about where Fultz is stationed in the rookie photo. These guys need to shut up and worry about their on the court play and staying healthy and stop worrying so much about perception. I don't feel like they will reach their full potential unless they do.
Funny.  I don't see anything on Liberty Ballers about this.  Seems like there is more concern on here to downgrade Fultz to justify the trade.  Nothing you mention means anything on how the Sixers will perform this season or reaching their full potential.
Agreed, this thread is much ado about nothing, except for the further indication of what may be a lack of confidence by Fultz.  meh.

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2017, 05:23:42 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
I wouldn't say Fultz had a lack of confidence in that video, he's just a more low key character from the looks of it. That doesn't mean he doesn't have the drive to better himself.

Interesting that Lonzo had the ball though. Jayson all the way at the back as well. Easy to make the argument that they want Lonzo as the face of a resurgent LA for years to come. That should act as fuel for all rookies selected around him.
I don;t think he is lowkey in nature, remember his (privately at the time)tweet video laughing at LBJ's hair? that's not lowkey, if anything he is afraid to show it up
Tatum in the back because his height and also his teammate, look at his smile, that's not the face
a disrespected man have
Was Tim Duncan alpha? You don't have to be like Kobe to be a great player. Bill Russell, Ray Allen, Hakeem the dream. I doubt those players would be ripping balls out of hands at a rookie shoot.
will yeah i guess if you are DuncanRussell talented then alpha won't be a must, but still it's a improtant factor and will be a plus if they have it
Nah this is just ridiculous. You dont need to be Jae Crowder and moan about every public slight.

People just tryna justify the fact that we decided to pass on Markelle for Jayson Tatum
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2017, 05:25:47 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
Agreed, this thread is much ado about nothing, except for the further indication of what may be a lack of confidence by Fultz.  meh.
the off season brings along many a thread that is marginal. not too much longer until training camp...i hope.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2017, 06:26:33 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
Not to hate on the story, but here's a look at the last few years rookie classes.  I see no trend of #1 pick holding the ball.

They actually talked quite a bit about this on liberty ballers... I saw it discussed their first. Not sure where you are getting it wasn't...

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2017, 06:29:03 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393

They actually talked quite a bit about this on liberty ballers... I saw it discussed their first. Not sure where you are getting it wasn't...

So Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ing disrespectful to Fultz
https://youtu.be/P3D8pwL_i2g

Posted by The_rumor_mill on Aug 11, 2017 | 7:12 PM

That is outrageous. I hate that.

Posted by Erving4ever on Aug 11, 2017 | 9:55 PM
wow
who is responsible for that – like kenyon martin says, he should have said something .. its not petty

Posted by AaronMcKie4MVP on Aug 12, 2017 | 7:42 AM
Wow
the season really needs to start…LOL.
BTW, that half court backwards shot Fultz did was incredible.

Posted by Gdog2009 on Aug 12, 2017 | 11:32 AM
I've heard the #1 pick usually isn't in the center . . .
Searching online:

Last year, Simmons didn’t attend and Ulis had the ball.
In 2015, there was no ball. Tyus Jones and Terry Rozier in the center.
In 2014, Tyler Ennis had the ball and Markel Brown was in the center.
In 2013, there was no ball and CJ McCollum and Glen Rice, Jr. were in the center.
In 2012, not that many rookies were there and Marquis Teague had the ball.

So basically, Fultz is actually the most prominently featured first overall pick in a rookie photo shoot in the past six years.

Posted by LastFirstism on Aug 13, 2017 | 9:28 PM

I’m sure Fultz didn’t even think about it like that. And I think him and Lonzo are actually cool.

Posted by inmyprime423 on Aug 14, 2017 | 9:45 AM

Another chip for the shoulder. Use it Markelle, let the bitterness grow into greatness.

Posted by stonersixer on Aug 11, 2017 | 7:44 PM

Posted by Broletarian on Aug 11, 2017 | 8:11 PM
It's gonna be funny after Ball turns into the Lakers 3rd straight Bust at the #2 pick
when people look back at that photo op & don’t know who Ball is

Posted by dauphan8399 on Aug 11, 2017 | 8:38 PM
That picture makes me angrier than it should
I can’t remember the last time I wanted the a rookie to be exposed as a fraud this bad, maybe Derek Coleman. I only pray the Sixers stomp them every time we see them this year.

Posted by Cb81972 on Aug 11, 2017 | 9:50 PM
Irrational self-doubt is a great sign
I’d rather have an insecure great player than a cocky decent player.

Posted by ThugOverton on Aug 12, 2017 | 8:32 AM

Just a small sampling Tazz... lets not be ridiculous and ask like the 76ers fans are not going nuts over every small perceived grievance they have against the league

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2017, 07:11:56 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862

a disrespected man have
Nah this is just ridiculous. You dont need to be Jae Crowder and moan about every public slight.

People just tryna justify the fact that we decided to pass on Markelle for Jayson Tatum

Agreed.   And it's silly and unnecessary.   Markelle is probably going to be a great player.  And Tatum certainly gives all signs he's going to be a great player.  And you don't need anything more to justify the trade than to remember the potential value of that LAL18/SAC19 pick.

NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2017, 07:51:39 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I like Markelle. I believe he took this slight, internalized it and is just gonna add it to the chip on his shoulder.

I don't think that is what kind of guy he is in all honesty.  From what I have seen of him, I think he cares more about his stats and getting paid than winning games.   Time will tell.

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2017, 09:11:41 PM »

Online GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

hes not loud and in your face, but I think hes gonna compete. You dont go from JV team to #1 pick in 4 years without being a competitor.

Why does the number 1 pick even have a chip on his shoulder?
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2017, 09:27:28 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I don't think that is what kind of guy he is in all honesty.  From what I have seen of him, I think he cares more about his stats and getting paid than winning games.   Time will tell.
Based on what exactly?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2017, 09:45:13 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

Why does the number 1 pick even have a chip on his shoulder?
Well we didnt want him, so there is that. Also, if you havent noticed, the Lonzo hype outpaces the Markelle hype by a huge margin.

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2017, 11:01:46 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742

TP. I think that should've been [/thread].

But I did want to respond to this:

Let's not forget who Bill Russell was. He was the guy who insisted on signing a $100,001 contract after Wilt Chamberlain signed for $100,000 so that Russell could be the highest paid player in the league. That doesn't mean he'd have been "ripping balls out of hands at a rookie shoot" but he was not above petty shows of power.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008