Author Topic: Fulz already being disrespected(Rookie Photoshoot)  (Read 8072 times)

Fulz already being disrespected(Rookie Photoshoot)
« on: August 14, 2017, 10:02:42 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3D8pwL_i2g&feature=youtu.be
Sixers fan are saying the No.1 pick used to not hold the ball in the center, yes but NO, standing aside your rival No.2 pick like THAT is straight disrespect and Fulz knew that(that face), and if this kid has any alpha he shouldn't allow it to happen, looks like we dodged a bullet(not saying he isn't talented, just has no trait of being a superstar)

Fulz showing some lack of confidence
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c82iaxv1zEY

meanwhile this kid 8)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXPLr7cjR6w

Re: Fulz already being disrespected(Rookie Photoshoot)
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 10:41:06 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
I wouldn't say Fultz had a lack of confidence in that video, he's just a more low key character from the looks of it. That doesn't mean he doesn't have the drive to better himself.

Interesting that Lonzo had the ball though. Jayson all the way at the back as well. Easy to make the argument that they want Lonzo as the face of a resurgent LA for years to come. That should act as fuel for all rookies selected around him.

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 10:52:06 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
meanwhile this kid 8)
I hate the concept of corporate logos on NBA jerseys, but LOVE how the GE logo looks on ours. Talk about cognitive dissonance...
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 10:58:11 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I didn't see a lack of confidence, either. The guy might want to change his diet, though. Haha.

And yes, the league is desperately hoping that Ball becomes a star.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 11:19:21 AM »

Offline ThePaintedArea

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 111
meanwhile this kid 8)
I hate the concept of corporate logos on NBA jerseys, but LOVE how the GE logo looks on ours. Talk about cognitive dissonance...

I had the same reaction, Koz. 

Seriously, monetizing everything is a slippery slope - between the lines, it ought to be banned.

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 11:55:11 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I didn't see a lack of confidence, either. The guy might want to change his diet, though. Haha.

I, on the other hand, am desperately hoping he levels out as a tall Andre Miller.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 01:42:01 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
meanwhile this kid 8)
I'm at work so can't listen to the audio but I love his body language here. He seems relaxed and like he's enjoying the ride. He's such a kid. I mean, he really looks 19. In a few years when he's a man, he'll be beastly.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2017, 01:59:33 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I love this particular story line. I hope it continues for years.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2017, 02:55:03 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Roy are you referencing the recent article about how go-to order from chick filet?

Markelle Fultz Chik-Fil-A order
2 orders of 12 count chicken nuggets
A No. 1 (Chicken sandwich, fries, drink) with no pickles. Occasionally he asks for cheese and bacon on the sandwich
Large cookies and cream milkshake
Sauces: BBQ and Chik-Fil-A sauce (used exclusively on his sandwich)

That is per Liberty Ballers

I guess he is 19 and works out a ton but that seems insane...

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2017, 02:59:57 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
Not to hate on the story, but here's a look at the last few years rookie classes.  I see no trend of #1 pick holding the ball.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2017, 03:08:00 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
I wouldn't say Fultz had a lack of confidence in that video, he's just a more low key character from the looks of it. That doesn't mean he doesn't have the drive to better himself.

Interesting that Lonzo had the ball though. Jayson all the way at the back as well. Easy to make the argument that they want Lonzo as the face of a resurgent LA for years to come. That should act as fuel for all rookies selected around him.
He indeed has work ethic, i am talking about alpha though
I don;t think he is lowkey in nature, remember his (privately at the time)tweet video laughing at LBJ's hair? that's not lowkey, if anything he is afraid to show it up
Tatum in the back because his height and also his teammate, look at his smile, that's not the face
a disrespected man have

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2017, 03:12:08 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Not to hate on the story, but here's a look at the last few years rookie classes.  I see no trend of #1 pick holding the ball.

The 76ers and their fans seem to really be worrying about the wrong things these days. Ben Simmons and Embiid getting into it with Lavar Ball and swearing on social media (causing a fine from the NBA), Embiid concerned he is rated too low in NBA 2K, fans worried about where Fultz is stationed in the rookie photo. These guys need to shut up and worry about their on the court play and staying healthy and stop worrying so much about perception. I don't feel like they will reach their full potential unless they do.

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2017, 03:17:39 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney

It's not his face lol, he is saying he was nervous he won't go first, if you can feel nervous in that particular situiation(i know i won't..) how will he feel while taking clutch shots in the playoffs?

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2017, 03:23:54 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

In general, I think the league would like for the Lakers to become a thing again.

They're not really pushing the Knicks that much, but I guess the league realized long ago there's no point in trying.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2017, 03:33:44 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199

He indeed has work ethic, i am talking about alpha though
I don;t think he is lowkey in nature, remember his (privately at the time)tweet video laughing at LBJ's hair? that's not lowkey, if anything he is afraid to show it up
Tatum in the back because his height and also his teammate, look at his smile, that's not the face
a disrespected man have
Was Tim Duncan alpha? You don't have to be like Kobe to be a great player. Bill Russell, Ray Allen, Hakeem the dream. I doubt those players would be ripping balls out of hands at a rookie shoot.