Author Topic: a kid asked Anthony Davis if he was going to Boston  (Read 1244 times)

a kid asked Anthony Davis if he was going to Boston
« on: August 10, 2017, 02:18:04 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
https://youtu.be/1gAAdfo2kwU
0:30 and 5:27

Anthony Davis was asked about his future with the New Orleans Pelicans by kids at a basketball camp this week.

"I get asked all types of random stuff," he said with smile. "The craziest (question) was if I was going to Boston."

Davis said that he spoke with his agent, Thaddeus Foucher, and Pelicans general manager Dell Demps about the rumors earlier in the offseason and he was assured he wouldn't be traded.

"I understand it's a business, but if I don't hear anything from Dell or my agent, I don't pay attention to it," said Davis.

"Once I first heard (the rumors), then I heard it again, then I heard it again, I just wanted to make sure. I found out it wasn't (true), and that was the beginning of the summer, so I haven't paid attention to it since.".

"I am happy here as a Pelican," he said. "I am happy here."

The Pelicans have missed the playoffs in each of the past two seasons.

"I don't really care what anybody says. We know what we're doing," Davis said. "Especially having an entire training camp with me, DeMarcus and Jrue (Holiday) and (Rajon) Rondo...We feel like we have a shot against anybody, that's our mindset coming in. We're not worrying about all the white noise and what other people are saying."

http://www.nola.com/pelicans/index.ssf/2017/08/anthony_davis_says_talks_with.html
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 02:31:50 PM by CelticsElite »

Re: a kid asked Anthony Davis if he was going to Boston
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 02:22:02 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
https://youtu.be/n7uw-ys3A2s

Anthony Davis was asked about his future with the New Orleans Pelicans by kids at a basketball camp this week.

"I get asked all types of random stuff," he said with smile. "The craziest (question) was if I was going to Boston."

Davis said that he spoke with his agent, Thaddeus Foucher, and Pelicans general manager Dell Demps about the rumors earlier in the offseason and he was assured he wouldn't be traded.

"I understand it's a business, but if I don't hear anything from Dell or my agent, I don't pay attention to it," said Davis.

"Once I first heard (the rumors), then I heard it again, then I heard it again, I just wanted to make sure. I found out it wasn't (true), and that was the beginning of the summer, so I haven't paid attention to it since.".

"I don't really care what anybody says. We know what we're doing," Davis said. "Especially having an entire training camp with me, DeMarcus and Jrue (Holiday) and (Rajon) Rondo...We feel like we have a shot against anybody, that's our mindset coming in. We're not worrying about all the white noise and what other people are saying."

http://www.nola.com/pelicans/index.ssf/2017/08/anthony_davis_says_talks_with.html

I actually think the Pelicans have a shot of being solid, but I am sure I am in the minority on that.

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 02:28:08 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
they have a shot of being solid...if they were in the East. Although Danny has gathered hundreds of assets, I don't think the Brow will ever be in Green.

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 02:29:33 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
The Pelicans are really thin and totally lack any sort of credible wings.  Davis and Cousins can wreak all kinds of havoc, but if their wings can't stop any one on the other end, it will be a long season for them.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 02:29:45 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
https://youtu.be/n7uw-ys3A2s

I actually think the Pelicans have a shot of being solid, but I am sure I am in the minority on that.

I read "solid" as "sold", which I agree with.  Otherwise, not so much.

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 02:55:43 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
The Pelicans are #1 with a bullet on my "Most Likely to Implode" power rankings for 2017-18.

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2017, 03:10:11 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
I don't think its smart for this franchise to pine away for AD. He seems like a KG-type, he won't give up on the Pels until after he's 30 and never even made it to the 2nd round. It sucks, but some guys would rather be liked and comfortable than win. That's just the truth. Although if KG could do it over, no doubt he would have forced his way out earlier.

There's some really good PF's coming out in 2018. Nab one..