Author Topic: DOJ considering offering Hillary Clinton a plea deal?  (Read 1606 times)

Re: DOJ considering offering Hillary Clinton a plea deal?
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2017, 03:43:03 AM »

Offline Cman

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 348
The Justice Department has reopened the investigation of Hillary Clinton's mishandling of classified material on her private email system while she was secretary of state, and is considering offering her a plea bargain if she will agree to plead guilty to charges of breaking the law, according to a Clinton attorney.

http://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/806488?section=Newsfront&keywords=ed-klein-hillary-plea-bargain&year=2017&month=08&date=08&id=806488&aliaspath=%2FManage%2FArticles%2FTemplate-Main&oref=www.google.com

Pukes in mouth......

I also puke in my mouth at the attempts made by conservative news outlets to divert attention from the scandals engulfing the Trump White House. Or in this, case, possibly the attempts by the Trump DOJ to divert attention.

It seems to be the combination of two tried and true  "go to" moves:
Move 1: ".... but Hillary"
Move 2: "Quick, look over here!"
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2017, 07:23:13 AM »

Online Celts Fan 508

• Kyrie Irving
  • Tommy Points: 207
It's too bad that the US never brought over the guillotine...

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2017, 10:11:14 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1073
Nine months after the presidential election was decided, a federal judge is ordering the State Department to try again to find emails Hillary Clinton wrote about the Benghazi attack.

U.S. District Court Judge Amit Mehta ruled that the State Department had not done enough to try to track down messages Clinton may have sent about the assault on the U.S. diplomatic compound on Sept. 11, 2012 an attack that killed four Americans, including the U.S. ambassador to Libya.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/under-the-radar/2017/08/09/judge-orders-searches-for-clinton-benghazi-emails-241470

Oh weird, guess another conservative website is trying to divert attention.....

Oh wait....

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2017, 10:52:51 AM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
Nine months after the presidential election was decided, a federal judge is ordering the State Department to try again to find emails Hillary Clinton wrote about the Benghazi attack.

U.S. District Court Judge Amit Mehta ruled that the State Department had not done enough to try to track down messages Clinton may have sent about the assault on the U.S. diplomatic compound on Sept. 11, 2012 an attack that killed four Americans, including the U.S. ambassador to Libya.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/under-the-radar/2017/08/09/judge-orders-searches-for-clinton-benghazi-emails-241470

Oh wait....

No. This is actual reporting on actual events.
Very different from the delusional speculation cited as fact so often in this thread.

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2017, 10:54:35 AM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334

Oh wait....
Edit: double post

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2017, 10:57:33 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 8772

Oh wait....
and.... you're hoping for what exactly?  emails that are in the State archives that she didn't send via her private server?  clinging to that ever-escaping notion that there's some piece of electronic data that conclusively proves she planned the attack herself? 

I don't think she's a saint or particularly ethical (my own personal opinion) but I don't think this new email hunt will turn up anything new.  if Trump thinks Russia's a witchhunt, I can only imagine how he'd react to this level of pursuit that Hillary has had to endure for years.

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2017, 11:00:48 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 986
  • What a Pub Should Be
"...but Hillary".

Some things never change.  :P

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2017, 11:11:05 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 276
I think both these recent stories about Hillary are false, made up and leaked by someone under the direction of Trump.  It is a "can't beat them join them" approach to leaks as well as Trump trying to put pressure on DOJ to actually move forward with something like this.  I could be wrong of course, we don't really know anymore what to believe so people just believe what they want to believe.  Sad.

If it is true, I suspect it is only happening because Trump is pressuring Sessions.  That is abuse of power in my opinion.  An investigation of Hillary was completed by the FBI.  The FBI made its recommendation to DOJ.  Hillary was careless but not criminal.  Trump didn't like that outcome so now he wants his puppet to come up with some alternate facts.

To not accept the FBI's investigation and conclusion is to say you don't trust the FBI.  There is some level of politics and bias in all of this of course but I still trust the FBI over Donald Trump or Jeff Sessions by a wide margin.  This is a very dangerous abuse of power path Trump is taking us down.

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2017, 11:19:30 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1073
I think both these recent stories about Hillary are false, made up and leaked by someone under the direction of Trump.  It is a "can't beat them join them" approach to leaks as well as Trump trying to put pressure on DOJ to actually move forward with something like this.  I could be wrong of course, we don't really know anymore what to believe so people just believe what they want to believe.  Sad.

If it is true, I suspect it is only happening because Trump is pressuring Sessions.  That is abuse of power in my opinion.  An investigation of Hillary was completed by the FBI.  The FBI made its recommendation to DOJ.  Hillary was careless but not criminal.  Trump didn't like that outcome so now he wants his puppet to come up with some alternate facts.

To not accept the FBI's investigation and conclusion is to say you don't trust the FBI.  There is some level of politics and bias in all of this of course but I still trust the FBI over Donald Trump or Jeff Sessions by a wide margin.  This is a very dangerous abuse of power path Trump is taking us down.

Obama appointed judge did this

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2017, 11:22:14 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1047

So is the Federal Judge that supposedly ordered this action also under Trump's thumb?

I mean, I haven't even read any of the articles out there about this. I don't care to either, so I guess I will just have to be in the dark about any new developments in this story.

I have no doubts Hillary committed a number of crimes. I also have no doubt she was smart enough to cover her tracks well enough to avoid any charges. I've accepted that and moved on, it's wasted time to go after a professional criminal politician with friends in high places.

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2017, 11:25:05 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2294
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Oh wait....

No. This is actual reporting on actual events.
Very different from the delusional speculation cited as fact so often in this thread.

Yeah, it is laughable that they're being compared.

First, it was from a case brought by a far-right 'watch dog' group.

Second, all this actually does is open up emails sent on the state.gov server, which they haven't looked into before because they didn't think they'd find anything. The judge said basically, 'Yeah, look there too.'

There is nothing in that politico piece that implies anything has been found or is expected to be found that could change the FBI's opinion on Clinton (that charges are not merited).

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2017, 11:31:19 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1047

Does it really matter who brought this case up? A Federal Judge, and a presumably liberal judge at that, agreed.

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2017, 11:48:00 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2294
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Does it really matter who brought this case up? A Federal Judge, and a presumably liberal judge at that, agreed.

It matters because of the overall narrative. The way he framed the politico article, it made it seem like that reinforced the Newsmax article which it does not, at all. The judge said what I'm interpreting as, 'Yes, you can look at those as well', not, 'Someone did something wrong'. The framing in the original message seemed to imply something else.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2017, 11:54:10 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ray Allen

I guess I need to spell this out more specifically so people don't go running off with this.  No, it is not abuse of power by Trump if a judge has made a ruling.  But going back to Bengazi, really?  How many republican investigations were there (I think eight) that all came to the same conclusion?  I am kind of ignoring that for the most part.  Unless the republicans are so inept that they can investigate this eight times and still miss something that is in the custody of State Department, I doubt there will be anything new here.

The abuse of power is Trump pressuring Sessions to open a case on something that the FBI has already investigated just because he didn't like the outcome and needs a distraction.  If there is some new evidence (which was the case back not too long ago when Comey reopened the investigation briefly) then OK but that does not appear to be the case.  These are both purely political with blatantly transparent motivations.

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2017, 12:35:41 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ray Allen
So, any more on this?  Has this been deems as unsubstantiated (eh hem fake) or is this still a real thing?  Has anyone legitimate confirmed that this really happened or not?