Author Topic: Which Celtic players make All-Star game roster this season?  (Read 1296 times)

Which Celtic players make All-Star game roster this season?
« on: August 09, 2017, 02:09:07 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
IT / Hayward / Horford. Obvious question mark is horford. As his box scores don't show a lot of his production but hope he makes it.

It was pretty cool that one year we had the big 4 and coaching squad in the all star game

Re: Which Celtic players make All-Star game roster this season?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 06:01:08 AM »

Offline MasterEmile

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 46
I think without injuries IT and Hayward are guaranteed. Horford is if he continues his play from the playoffs as there isn't a lot of talent left in the east...

And that year was really painful as we got destroyed by miami in 5. Was pretty cool to see the big 4 booed in LA, Doc was such a troll.

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 07:47:33 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
the big 4

Do you really think this is a thing?   I don't.   I think it cheapens our past big threes to compare the so called big four to them.   They are not quite in the same league as I see it.

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 09:32:40 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
the big 4

Do you really think this is a thing?   I don't.   I think it cheapens our past big threes to compare the so called big four todo them.   They are not quite in the same league as I see it.
They were the big 4 that year. Rondo had a great year. We had no bench!!!
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 10:46:01 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
I would guess just Thomas and Hayward (assuming relatively similar level of play and games as prior years). I don't think Horford is an all star, even in the weaker Eastern Conference. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 05:03:11 PM »

Offline __ramonezy__

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 62
I would say at least one... possibly three

IT won't be averaging 28pts with another legitimate go-to scorer on-board. I actually also expect a scoring increase from Horford this year as perimeter defenses tighten leaving several post plays open. So a nod for Horford, Hayward and IT is possible.

On that note it is also possible for several players at the guard positions to have better statistical years than those on our team and as such get All-Star nods over them. Players like Lowry, DeRozan, Giannis, John Wall, Ben Simmons, Brogdon, Kyrie?, Kemba, etc.

The unfortunate truth is that having a balanced team, is the worst thing for individual honours such as an All-star nod.

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 05:12:52 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I love how IT is guaranteed, yet Kyrie is better to so many.  That man is a legend beyond his spectacular play... His own fans can't even understand how he's so good.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC