Author Topic: 2017-18 EPL Season  (Read 54819 times)

Re: 2017-18 EPL Season
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2017, 08:28:16 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

I know Everton is the one being poised as the next mid table team to threaten the top squads, but I gotta go with West Ham. Marko Arnautovic and Javier Hernandez are GREAT buys IMO, and will help them in the goal scoring problems. They got Pablo Zabaleta and Joe Hart on a free and on loan respectively, great veteran players who can organize the team.

Yoki, my friend, I think you're referencing the Hammers here, not the Toffees.

Yep. The Hammers.

I like their Joe Hart and Pablo Zabaleta pick ups.

I hate Marko Arnautovic to the teeth, such a dirty player, but a really good one. Chicharito is a finisher. Add that with Lanzini, Feghouli and Antonio and you have a solid attack.

Jose Fonte and Winston Reid arent world class defenders, but these guys are solid, experienced PL Centre Backs, they will be good.

I mentioned Everton because from all ive been reading and hearing, they could be the squad that could threaten a top fpur finish based on the players the bought. But I think West Ham, the Hammer, has a better shot of doing it.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2017, 08:33:27 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
And just like that, Liverpool sold Phillippe Coutinho

http://www.espnfc.com/soccer-transfers/story/3174603/liverpool-reach-agreement-to-sell-philippe-coutinho-to-barcelona-sources?sf104505681=1

I love the addition of Coutinho on that Barcelona team. I think they needed someone like him who can link the play together rather than another dribbler / goal-scorer up front. Get back to the way they played before the MSN came together. More build up play through midfield.

Big loss for Liverpool. Their midfield was already light on bodies. Need to get someone in before the transfer deadline. Otherwise their hopes of a top 4 spot could be gone.

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2017, 02:27:01 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

2. Man United: I really don't think a Lindelof - Smalling -Blind back three is going to do well, but they have quite possibly the best cover in a Matic - Pogba - Pereira front. That is an insane midfield as far as defence, size, quality and skill. Adding Lukaku to the mix makes them and even scarier threat. Might miss the title by 2-3 points.

Tbh we're only playing with that back 3 because Rojo is injured while Jones and Bailly are suspended (on the other hand, Bailly is one of the top CBs in the PL rn imo). We'll likely roll with a back 4 of Valencia at RB, Lindelof as the RCB, Bailly as the LCB and Aurier/Darmian as the LB (hope we can clear Aurier's work permit fast, we need to guy like him). So yeah imo we're really steady on defense and we're quite the menace on offense with the addition of Lukaku and Ibra set to return in after the summer (dude is an absolute beast, he's returning already). We still need Jose to play Martial though... :-[
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 04:04:32 AM by Somebody »
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2017, 04:45:58 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

2. Man United: I really don't think a Lindelof - Smalling -Blind back three is going to do well, but they have quite possibly the best cover in a Matic - Pogba - Pereira front. That is an insane midfield as far as defence, size, quality and skill. Adding Lukaku to the mix makes them and even scarier threat. Might miss the title by 2-3 points.

Tbh we're only playing with that back 3 because Rojo is injured while Jones and Bailly are suspended (on the other hand, Bailly is one of the top CBs in the PL rn imo). We'll likely roll with a back 4 of Valencia at RB, Lindelof as the RCB, Bailly as the LCB and Aurier/Darmian as the LB (hope we can clear Aurier's work permit fast, we need to guy like him). So yeah imo we're really steady on defense and we're quite the menace on offense with the addition of Lukaku and Ibra set to return in after the summer (dude is an absolute beast, he's returning already). We still need Jose to play Martial though... :-[

I think Anthony Martial should ask to go on loan, preferably staying at the PL. Where is he going to play in that front line?

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2017, 04:47:17 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
The ESPN report may have been pre-mature.

BREAKING NEWS

Sky sources understand Liverpool have rejected Barcelona’s second bid for Philippe Coutinho.

We understand Barca’s latest offer was €85m (£77m) up front plus €15m (£13m) in add-ons and it was immediately turned down.

Liverpool have reiterated their stance that Coutinho is not for sale and they now consider the matter closed.

http://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre

Back to the drawing board for Barcelona. And good for Liverpool for holding firm.

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2017, 02:20:28 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

I think Anthony Martial should ask to go on loan, preferably staying at the PL. Where is he going to play in that front line?
...before he goes on loan Rashford and Lingard need to be sold, he's the best u-22 attacker United has. Imo he'll find his spot at LW as an indispensable attacker at United later on in the season.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2017, 02:21:55 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
The ESPN report may have been pre-mature.

BREAKING NEWS

Sky sources understand Liverpool have rejected Barcelona’s second bid for Philippe Coutinho.

We understand Barca’s latest offer was €85m (£77m) up front plus €15m (£13m) in add-ons and it was immediately turned down.

Liverpool have reiterated their stance that Coutinho is not for sale and they now consider the matter closed.

http://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre

Back to the drawing board for Barcelona. And good for Liverpool for holding firm.
There's no alternative for the Catalans, they need to buy Countinho to keep their team intact. Would cost them 110 million euros imo with add ons at the end.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2017, 11:16:25 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40897688

Liverpool midfielder Philippe Coutinho has submitted a transfer request, hours after the Premier League club released a statement saying he is not for sale.

In a statement on Friday, the club's owners said its "definitive stance" was that "no offers will be considered".

Now it gets interesting...

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2017, 02:49:09 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
ALEXANDRE LACAZETTE!

2 minutes in his PL debut, he scores! Hey now!

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2017, 12:16:16 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
Congratulations to Arsenal winning their first game of the season and finally being at the top of the table! ;) Also all hail Giroud https://youtu.be/ia8omvH4ccA 8).
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2017, 11:36:44 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
This opening games are nuts!

Liverpool dropped points last minute, Chelsea down 3-1 as we speak with Gary Cahill being straight red-ed (how many games does he get for a straight red?).

Huddersfield winning. This is fun.

Congratulations to Arsenal winning their first game of the season and finally being at the top of the table! ;) Also all hail Giroud https://youtu.be/ia8omvH4ccA 8).

A lot of fans hate him for not being an in and out 20+ goal scorer, but Jesus, did he saved us so many times.

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2017, 11:42:32 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
And Cesc Fabregas got two yellows. Chelsea down to 9 men.

Good Lord, what a start to your title defense, eh?

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2017, 12:02:07 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
This opening games are nuts!

Liverpool dropped points last minute, Chelsea down 3-1 as we speak with Gary Cahill being straight red-ed (how many games does he get for a straight red?).

Huddersfield winning. This is fun.

A lot of fans hate him for not being an in and out 20+ goal scorer, but Jesus, did he saved us so many times.

I actually really like Giroud, he's now the perfect backup to Lacazette. Cahill will be suspended for 3 games, so imo we'll be seeing our old friend Gus Hiddink soon 8). Also, my predictions look true now, eh? ;) (fun joke: if Arsenal buy Mahrez, their attack will be L M A O, which stands for Lacazette, Mahrez, Alexis and Ozil)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 12:09:02 PM by Somebody »
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2017, 12:02:46 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

Defense? Do they even have defense? 8)
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2017, 12:07:50 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Defense? Do they even have defense? 8)

I won't go there just yet, two of their 3 goals were really tough goals. The 2nd one, yep, that was a lapse on the defence.