Author Topic: 2017-18 EPL Season  (Read 54841 times)

Re: 2017-18 EPL Season
« Reply #135 on: October 22, 2017, 02:59:32 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Delighted to see Mourinho to lose to Hudderfield after his negative display at Liverpool.

Wonderful, wasn't it?
Wasn't for me, our right side is just horrid rn with no good youngster aside from Lingard on it, also the midfield wasn't good enough without Pogba and Fellaini. As for Lindelof...he was absolutely terrible but he needed the experience, he's still very very raw and I hope he can improve as the season progresses.

So, no quadruple this season?! ;D  Your manager seems more interested in managing PSG than United recently.  Maybe that's a blessing in disguise?

« Reply #136 on: October 22, 2017, 03:26:33 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Delighted to see Mourinho to lose to Hudderfield after his negative display at Liverpool.

Wonderful, wasn't it?
Wasn't for me, our right side is just horrid rn with no good youngster aside from Lingard on it, also the midfield wasn't good enough without Pogba and Fellaini. As for Lindelof...he was absolutely terrible but he needed the experience, he's still very very raw and I hope he can improve as the season progresses.

So, no quadruple this season?! ;D  Your manager seems more interested in managing PSG than United recently.  Maybe that's a blessing in disguise?
It definitely isn't, I want Mou to manage United. We just need a right wing that's consistent and our guys to stop getting injured from walks to the toilet. Also we're gonna knock you guys off your perch 8)
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #137 on: October 22, 2017, 10:40:56 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
How can Everton spend this much money and be this bad. I was so wrong about them. I thought at least they'd challenge a high table finish.

Ronald Koeman...
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #138 on: October 22, 2017, 07:27:57 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
How can Everton spend this much money and be this bad. I was so wrong about them. I thought at least they'd challenge a high table finish.

Ronald Koeman...

Congrats on a great win today, Yoki.  Everton should stay the course with Koeman, IMHO. 

« Reply #139 on: October 22, 2017, 07:29:14 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

Wonderful, wasn't it?

It definitely isn't, I want Mou to manage United. We just need a right wing that's consistent and our guys to stop getting injured from walks to the toilet. Also we're gonna knock you guys off your perch 8)

That fixture has been switched from Dec. 9 to Dec. 10, a Sunday.  For now, you should worry about Spurs, who have caught United for a share of 2nd in the table. 

« Reply #140 on: October 22, 2017, 07:43:00 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

Wonderful, wasn't it?

That fixture has been switched from Dec. 9 to Dec. 10, a Sunday.  For now, you should worry about Spurs, who have caught United for a share of 2nd in the table.
The Spurs match next week will probably be another fun bus parking unless Fellaini and Bailly return.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #141 on: October 28, 2017, 10:48:46 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
I LOVE THE BUS! MARTIAL IS ON FIRE!
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #142 on: November 05, 2017, 02:36:31 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
Congratulations to Liverpool fans for winning both games this week in the CL and PL.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #143 on: November 05, 2017, 10:17:21 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Arsene Wenger:

"Sometimes the best defence is to attack."

also Arsene Wenger:

I will sit Alexandre Lacazette on the bench.

Seriously...

« Reply #144 on: November 05, 2017, 10:52:05 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
Arsene Wenger:

also Arsene Wenger:

Seriously...
This match has nothing to do on Wenger, the EPL should try to find out whether the ref has gambled on the match.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #145 on: November 05, 2017, 10:59:07 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Arsene Wenger:

also Arsene Wenger:

Seriously...
This match has nothing to do on Wenger, the EPL should try to find out whether the ref has gambled on the match.

Yep. Especially that linesman who was sleeping, not calling an offside infraction that resulted in the 3rd goal.

I mean, City pretty much outplayed us regardless, they missed so many chances, this could have been easily 5-1. But still, you cannot be that reckless with your officiating. That just took all momentum (or what's left of it) from us.

« Reply #146 on: November 05, 2017, 07:04:43 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
Arsene Wenger:

also Arsene Wenger:

Seriously...

Yep. Especially that linesman who was sleeping, not calling an offside infraction that resulted in the 3rd goal.

I mean, City pretty much outplayed us regardless, they missed so many chances, this could have been easily 5-1. But still, you cannot be that reckless with your officiating. That just took all momentum (or what's left of it) from us.
They really did not outplay Arsenal imo, Arsenal was even or even better than City during the match from what I saw. It's hard to look better than the other team when the other team has an extra player ehem ref on their side. It was blatantly obvious that the ref was helping City, for all the fouls City pulled they only got one yellow card while Arsenal got a ****ton of yellows for ticky tack fouls, I even caught him staring intently at Arsenal while they were defending and jogging off while they were playing offense. Truly a poor display from the EPL, the refs are the worst in the world. Meanwhile a hard fought loss against Chelsea but MVP Fellaini returned, so there's a silver lining.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #147 on: November 05, 2017, 07:54:08 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Arsene Wenger:

also Arsene Wenger:

Seriously...

They really did not outplay Arsenal imo, Arsenal was even or even better than City during the match from what I saw. It's hard to look better than the other team when the other team has an extra player ehem ref on their side. It was blatantly obvious that the ref was helping City, for all the fouls City pulled they only got one yellow card while Arsenal got a ****ton of yellows for ticky tack fouls, I even caught him staring intently at Arsenal while they were defending and jogging off while they were playing offense. Truly a poor display from the EPL, the refs are the worst in the world. Meanwhile a hard fought loss against Chelsea but MVP Fellaini returned, so there's a silver lining.

You're being nice to us.

City caught us a lot on the counter, with them just screwing up the final pass. There was a chance early in the game, a wide open net for Sterling to bury that he did not connect. They had so many chances, clear cut chances that they didn't capitalize, and part of it is because our defence is just too soft, too easy to break down.

They've bothered us well in the midfield too.

And Alexis Sanchez played like he's a spy from Man City, just flat out poor.

I came in to the game knowing we will lose, I was happy with the Lacazette goal. We got outplayed, but we hung tough. That was all I could ask for, this is Manchester City after all.

But I can't be happy when the officials are failing at their jobs. Being down 2-1 at the Etihad with 20 minutes left could have probably kept us fighting, a 3-1 lead however, seemed insurmountable, especially against this squad, and that killed whatever momentum we had.

That was just plain, terrible officiating.

We're not going to make the top 4. We have to win the Europa to make a CL spot. Problem is, we might have to go thru Atletico Madrid, Napoli and Dortmund to do it. . . ugh

« Reply #148 on: November 05, 2017, 08:03:45 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
Arsene Wenger:

also Arsene Wenger:

Seriously...

Clear offsides on that goal, but he also missed Kolasinac's shove in Sterling's back in the box.  You might have noticed that on the awarded penalty, Monreal never touched the ball despite bowling RS over. 

Arsenal didn't play well enough to win at the Etihad today, but maybe they can get a result in the return fixture at the Emirates. 

« Reply #149 on: November 05, 2017, 08:06:18 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
Arsene Wenger:

also Arsene Wenger:

Seriously...

What a load of baloney.  Congrats on your squad's fine performance today against Chelsea... ;)