Author Topic: 2017-18 EPL Season  (Read 54822 times)

Re: 2017-18 EPL Season
« Reply #120 on: October 07, 2017, 03:15:53 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Wow the disrespect at United is insane, I mean yes we did not play against top tier competition but we truly dominated teams, if United isn't a contender then it's only City that's a championship team. Also Arsenal will be fine, Wenger is a pretty good manager. You guys still have a good mix of players and Kroenke can now spend some cash.

No disrespect to Chelsea intended, great champions last season, but I feel United and likely Spurs are the clubs City must worry about.  City and United are tied on points at the top because they've both been tremendous.  The table doesn't lie, as they say...
Yeah and United has a tendency to play direct against strong teams, which is City's weakness.

I think the high press, if ferocious, can discombobulate City.  When the derby arrives, I will be curious as to the possession and goal shot stats. 

« Reply #121 on: October 07, 2017, 03:57:45 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Wow the disrespect at United is insane, I mean yes we did not play against top tier competition but we truly dominated teams, if United isn't a contender then it's only City that's a championship team. Also Arsenal will be fine, Wenger is a pretty good manager. You guys still have a good mix of players and Kroenke can now spend some cash.

Its not disrespect. We all know what a threat Man United could be, but it is fair to say that it's yet to be seen if they are legitimate or not as they have not faced a top 6 opponent yet. Everton and Leicester are probably the only two "good teams" you guys have faced so far. That's compare to City who has already trashed Liverpool and got three points vs Chelsea.
The former playing most of the game with 10 men and the latter being worn out due to a thin team and ****ty offense when their key cogs are tired or out. Obviously City are the favourites but United should be considered as legitimate if you're counting teams like Tottenham and Chelsea too.

Fair.

I do want to ask, what do you make of these Ozil to United rumors?

I do see the potential Mourinho - Ozil reunion, but isn't your midfield too crowded already to add Ozil?

- Pogba
- Mhkitaryan
- Herrera
- Fellaini
- Mata
- Danilo

I don't know how he will fit in that already crowded Central Midfield spot.
Haha this is where you don't know our biggest hole-RW. Ozil is projected to slot in at the right wing spot, where only Mata, Micki and Lingard can play and are all terribly inconsistent or are more suited to play CM. These rumours are very much true imo and I'm salivating at the prospect of Ozil coming to United, although I hope he can be a bit more consistent (I noticed that he goes invisible often). Also I don't think we have a Danilo on our team, you might be mistaking him for Matic and Carrick?

Yeah, I may have mistaken Danilo. He was in City, not United.

And I forgot about Matic, Jesus...

Ozil at the right? But he's left footed... Why can't it be Mkhitaryan on the right and Ozil in the Central attacking role?
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #122 on: October 14, 2017, 11:50:03 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Jesus Christ, Manchester City.

Have mercy on the rest of the Premier League, will you...

« Reply #123 on: October 14, 2017, 12:03:00 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Its not disrespect. We all know what a threat Man United could be, but it is fair to say that it's yet to be seen if they are legitimate or not as they have not faced a top 6 opponent yet. Everton and Leicester are probably the only two "good teams" you guys have faced so far. That's compare to City who has already trashed Liverpool and got three points vs Chelsea.
The former playing most of the game with 10 men and the latter being worn out due to a thin team and ****ty offense when their key cogs are tired or out. Obviously City are the favourites but United should be considered as legitimate if you're counting teams like Tottenham and Chelsea too.

Fair.

I do want to ask, what do you make of these Ozil to United rumors?

I do see the potential Mourinho - Ozil reunion, but isn't your midfield too crowded already to add Ozil?

- Pogba
- Mhkitaryan
- Herrera
- Fellaini
- Mata
- Danilo

I don't know how he will fit in that already crowded Central Midfield spot.
Haha this is where you don't know our biggest hole-RW. Ozil is projected to slot in at the right wing spot, where only Mata, Micki and Lingard can play and are all terribly inconsistent or are more suited to play CM. These rumours are very much true imo and I'm salivating at the prospect of Ozil coming to United, although I hope he can be a bit more consistent (I noticed that he goes invisible often). Also I don't think we have a Danilo on our team, you might be mistaking him for Matic and Carrick?

Yeah, I may have mistaken Danilo. He was in City, not United.

And I forgot about Matic, Jesus...

Ozil at the right? But he's left footed... Why can't it be Mkhitaryan on the right and Ozil in the Central attacking role?
Because Micki is utter trash when he's not "on", I'd prefer to minimize the time he plays, dude caused us to draw tonight, although I'd have to say I'm happy with one point with so many injuries.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #124 on: October 14, 2017, 02:44:49 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
...we suck.

Pitiful, Arsenal is just pitiful. No heart, no sense of urgency, just nothing.

« Reply #125 on: October 14, 2017, 10:52:06 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
...we suck.

Pitiful, Arsenal is just pitiful. No heart, no sense of urgency, just nothing.
We could use Ozil rn, we just need somebody to play CM or RW who's not named Micki. Our offense is stagnating with only Valencia being able to play offense on the right.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #126 on: October 14, 2017, 10:57:26 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

No disrespect to Chelsea intended, great champions last season, but I feel United and likely Spurs are the clubs City must worry about.  City and United are tied on points at the top because they've both been tremendous.  The table doesn't lie, as they say...
Yeah and United has a tendency to play direct against strong teams, which is City's weakness.

I think the high press, if ferocious, can discombobulate City.  When the derby arrives, I will be curious as to the possession and goal shot stats.
I just hope that Fellaini and Pogba will be back, they're key to disrupting the City engine.
Desired lineup:
GK: Bus Driver DeGea
RB:Valencia
CB: Bailly, Lindelof
LB: Shaw
CDM: Matic, Pogba
RW: Lingard
CAM: Fellaini
LW: Martial
ST: Lukaku
This lineup should be interesting as we should be able to disrupt City's offense and be able to take advantage of them being short on the other end.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #127 on: October 15, 2017, 03:21:14 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

Not a chance.  Sorry about that, but it took 10 wins in 11 matches to pull ahead of United, so no room for slacking off.

« Reply #128 on: October 16, 2017, 12:33:54 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

Not a chance.  Sorry about that, but it took 10 wins in 11 matches to pull ahead of United, so no room for slacking off.
Haha you guys will probably pull ahead a bit more rn but watch out when we get Pogba, MVP Fellaini, Ibra, Rojo and Shaw back.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #129 on: October 16, 2017, 02:06:53 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

Haha you guys will probably pull ahead a bit more rn but watch out when we get Pogba, MVP Fellaini, Ibra, Rojo and Shaw back.

See you at Old Trafford on December 9th... :)  By the way, that was a rather insipid performance against Pool on Saturday.  Are you fine with the formation and tactics Mou employed?  I was stunned that he played for a draw on the road.  He'll say it was a point earned, not two spurned, but a side of United's caliber could have gone to Anfield and taken all three points. 

« Reply #130 on: October 17, 2017, 04:04:59 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

See you at Old Trafford on December 9th... :)  By the way, that was a rather insipid performance against Pool on Saturday.  Are you fine with the formation and tactics Mou employed?  I was stunned that he played for a draw on the road.  He'll say it was a point earned, not two spurned, but a side of United's caliber could have gone to Anfield and taken all three points.
Haha see you at Old Trafford in December. I actually liked what Mou did in the slums of Liverpool :), it's easy to forget that we have CL coming up and we're facing a feisty Huddersfield after that. There will also be fixtures against Chelsea and Tottenham coming in the next few weeks as well, not to mention that we have Ibra, Pogba, MVP Fellaini, Rojo, Carrick and Shaw out. Also we would've won if Lukaku either passed to Martial or made that freebie :'(
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #131 on: October 21, 2017, 11:55:04 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
We really need Pogba and Fellaini back, Herrera and Matic just aren't cutting it in the midfield. Also the refball was spectacular in this game, Mou seems to get refballed in the PL all the time.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #132 on: October 21, 2017, 01:12:25 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Delighted to see Mourinho to lose to Hudderfield after his negative display at Liverpool.

« Reply #133 on: October 21, 2017, 07:52:45 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
Delighted to see Mourinho to lose to Hudderfield after his negative display at Liverpool.

Wonderful, wasn't it? 

« Reply #134 on: October 21, 2017, 10:07:49 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

Wonderful, wasn't it?
Wasn't for me, our right side is just horrid rn with no good youngster aside from Lingard on it, also the midfield wasn't good enough without Pogba and Fellaini. As for Lindelof...he was absolutely terrible but he needed the experience, he's still very very raw and I hope he can improve as the season progresses.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA