Author Topic: 2017-18 EPL Season  (Read 54843 times)

Re: 2017-18 EPL Season
« Reply #105 on: October 03, 2017, 02:46:05 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Arsenal has taken over Liverpool above the table.

Ever since we sold them Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, they have been horrendous and we've been on fine form.

Thanks for the £40 million, Liverpool.

And at City, we've won nine and drawn one since you pulled the plug on the Alexis sale and we are in first place in the table.

Thanks for saving us the £55 million, Arsenal (we can just sign him for free in the summer!).   ;)

I'll see you on November 5th. Lacazette is enjoying his time with Alexis Sanchez, Alexis now has reasons to stay.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/15118/11063599/alexis-sanchez-and-alexandre-lacazette-developing-promising-partnership-for-arsenal

On a serious note, I hated that we didn't sell Alexis to you guys. It was the right move. I understand trying to find a replacement for him, but then why didn't we do it early in the window?

Our transfer policy is absolute poop.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #106 on: October 03, 2017, 02:47:23 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Take it for what it's worth.

BARCELONA president Josep Maria Bartomeu has confirmed the La Liga leaders are considering playing outside of Spain should Catalonia gain independence which could see them trying to join the Premier League.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4597111/barcelona-president-josep-maria-bartomeu-confirms-club-considering-leaving-la-liga/

Also, Wenger weighed in, saying that Scottish teams should be able to join PL first before Barca.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4941480/Wenger-Scottish-clubs-join-EPL-Barcelona.html

I say why not all of them? Celtic, Rangers and Barca on the same year.

How do you think Barca would do in the PL? Or Celtic and Rangers?

« Reply #107 on: October 04, 2017, 07:45:40 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Take it for what it's worth.

BARCELONA president Josep Maria Bartomeu has confirmed the La Liga leaders are considering playing outside of Spain should Catalonia gain independence which could see them trying to join the Premier League.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4597111/barcelona-president-josep-maria-bartomeu-confirms-club-considering-leaving-la-liga/

Also, Wenger weighed in, saying that Scottish teams should be able to join PL first before Barca.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4941480/Wenger-Scottish-clubs-join-EPL-Barcelona.html

I say why not all of them? Celtic, Rangers and Barca on the same year.

How do you think Barca would do in the PL? Or Celtic and Rangers?

I find it ridiculous  but it is not like it hasn't happened before.

But if Barcelona tries to join EPL or any other league than the local Catalonian then they should realy remove the motto "Més que un club"

« Reply #108 on: October 04, 2017, 07:04:28 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82

Ever since we sold them Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, they have been horrendous and we've been on fine form.

And at City, we've won nine and drawn one since you pulled the plug on the Alexis sale and we are in first place in the table.

Thanks for saving us the £55 million, Arsenal (we can just sign him for free in the summer!).   ;)

I'll see you on November 5th. Lacazette is enjoying his time with Alexis Sanchez, Alexis now has reasons to stay.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/15118/11063599/alexis-sanchez-and-alexandre-lacazette-developing-promising-partnership-for-arsenal

On a serious note, I hated that we didn't sell Alexis to you guys. It was the right move. I understand trying to find a replacement for him, but then why didn't we do it early in the window?

Well, Yoki, since you took the time and effort to troll Liverpool, I thought you might enjoy the same treatment yourself.  I'm sure you are REALLY looking forward to meeting City on 11.05.2017! 

Sanchez and Lacazette can develop all the close bonds they want, but if the former wishes to be involved in CL play next season, he'd best move on to a bigger club with real ambition, 'cause Arsenal are quite literally the opposite of that.  A move to City, United or Spurs would do the trick...

« Reply #109 on: October 05, 2017, 01:12:25 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Well, Yoki, since you took the time and effort to troll Liverpool, I thought you might enjoy the same treatment yourself.  I'm sure you are REALLY looking forward to meeting City on 11.05.2017! 

Sanchez and Lacazette can develop all the close bonds they want, but if the former wishes to be involved in CL play next season, he'd best move on to a bigger club with real ambition, 'cause Arsenal are quite literally the opposite of that.  A move to City, United or Spurs would do the trick...

I can't agree more with everything you said.

It's starts from the top. Stan Kroenke is just not invested in the club to win, just here to make money so he can finance the LA Rams.

Arsene Wenger is so obsessed with total control that it has been the detriment of the team for, atleast since Ozil came in (we could make the case that he had no resources in the banter era). The fact that he's against having a director of football to help him manage the transfer policy shows that he wants, and is still in charge of everything football related, and all the thing he do has been out of date.

I've already prepared for an Ozil and Sanchez exodus. All I wish for are a few things...

- Resign Jack Wilshere and he stays healthy. If both happens, we cover the position that Ozil will leave with him. Or he could be playing the deep CM role that Ramsey plays and Rambo goes forward. Either way, he can handle it, and only 25. He's still a top quality talent. Just needs to stay fit.

- That £40 million we made from the Ox sale be used to buy an Alexis replacement, either in the January window or in the summer. Riyad Mahrez is still angling for a move away from Leicester, he should be good enough, and that money should be enough to get him. Maybe another defender to replace Per and eventually Koscielny (there's a Ligue 2 defender that we are being liked to, hope we get him).

- CL spot. I like our chances. We should be a well rested squad the rest of the way, being able to put in practically a different XI in Europa League fixtures, that should bode well for a Top 4 run. We will definitely not win the league this year, Manchester City is just nuts (still not buying United, not until they play top competition).

- Play Reiss Nelson at his preferred position, behind the striker. He's not a RWB, and I fear that it will stunt his development if we keep playing him there. Kid is special, but has to play to his strengths. If we can't do it, we should loan him to a team that can provide him that spot to gain experience.

- KEEP SEAD KOLASINAC! I won't be surprised if bigger clubs would want him if he continues to play like he does.

With all that said, indeed, we are a big club who's not acting like one. And the fact that these are the things I'm hoping for instead of winning the league should suggest it.

Tough being a fan of Arsenal, really.

« Reply #110 on: October 05, 2017, 04:34:37 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
These are tough times, right now, but there is reason for hope.  The scary thing about Kroenke is he's always had the dosh, and now he's swimming in it, as his big LA project will be the biggest moneymaking scheme to hit the NFL in decades, so there is no reason why he cannot right now.  That he didn't cash in on Alexis and Mesut this summer is an indication of that.  He needs to fish or cut bait, as he's sitting on top of Usmanov, a guy who has real ambition for the club.

Lacazette is a great signing for Arsenal (what took so long?!), but other parts of the squad need rebuilding to compete for the next 3-5 seasons.  Kola is a monster at LB, absolute keeper, as he'll only improve as he adjusts to the PL, but two new CB's should be brought in to mix with Mustafi.  A long-term keeper is also required. 

Please forget about Wilshere, you'll regret it if you sign him long-term.  It's kind of like City's current fascination with ever-crocked players like Kompany, Gundogan and Delph.  I think my City will really struggle to win the title because Pep blew the summer window by leaving himself with a threadbare squad and multiple players who are "passengers" due to age or constant injuries. 

The biggest question is who replaces Wenger?  It's time for Arsenal to move on and bring in a young manager with a vision for how Arsenal will play.  I hope the style of play remains, however, as your lads play beautiful football when they're in form.  I'd go with a foreign manager, but if you really want a Brit, maybe Brendan Rodgers is someone to consider.

« Reply #111 on: October 05, 2017, 08:38:25 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
No, man, I'm not giving up on Jack Wilshere, the home grown hero. The dude is quality. Just needs to be fit. It maybe a losing battle to expect Wilshere to stay healthy, but we can't lose both him and Ozil on the same summer, especially with our transfer policy being bad. If we can't find a replacement for Ozil in the transfer market, he's the best option we have. Iwobi is not ready to take that role, and Ramsey can't supply the passes that Ozil and, to some extent, Jack does.

I agree with the CB issue, in fact, I would raise it and say that we SHOULD let Mustafi go to Inter Milan if they really want him. I just don't think he's disciplined enough. Goes to the ground way too much. Koscielny should still have two good years in him. Monreal, for some reason, is holding his own at CB on the left side. That should keep us in check for atleast a couple more years, but yes, buying a CB is a must.

I really don't know who's going to replace Wenger. One could assume that he might sign another two year deal after this two year deal is over...

« Reply #112 on: October 05, 2017, 11:07:08 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
No, man, I'm not giving up on Jack Wilshere, the home grown hero. The dude is quality. Just needs to be fit. It maybe a losing battle to expect Wilshere to stay healthy, but we can't lose both him and Ozil on the same summer, especially with our transfer policy being bad. If we can't find a replacement for Ozil in the transfer market, he's the best option we have. Iwobi is not ready to take that role, and Ramsey can't supply the passes that Ozil and, to some extent, Jack does.

I agree with the CB issue, in fact, I would raise it and say that we SHOULD let Mustafi go to Inter Milan if they really want him. I just don't think he's disciplined enough. Goes to the ground way too much. Koscielny should still have two good years in him. Monreal, for some reason, is holding his own at CB on the left side. That should keep us in check for atleast a couple more years, but yes, buying a CB is a must.

I really don't know who's going to replace Wenger. One could assume that he might sign another two year deal after this two year deal is over...

I like Monreal as a LB, not really as a CB.  Mustafi can be trained to not go to ground too quickly; Nico Otamendi had the same glaring problem for some time at City but now is standing tall.  Also like Ramsey a lot, but you're welcome to spend ££ to sign Wilshere to a long-term deal, if you like!

Wenger is "yesterday's man" as the sport has passed him by.  If you want a truly world-class manager, I hear Carlo Ancelotti is available...

« Reply #113 on: October 05, 2017, 11:48:52 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Wow the disrespect at United is insane, I mean yes we did not play against top tier competition but we truly dominated teams, if United isn't a contender then it's only City that's a championship team. Also Arsenal will be fine, Wenger is a pretty good manager. You guys still have a good mix of players and Kroenke can now spend some cash.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #114 on: October 06, 2017, 08:54:11 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Wow the disrespect at United is insane, I mean yes we did not play against top tier competition but we truly dominated teams, if United isn't a contender then it's only City that's a championship team. Also Arsenal will be fine, Wenger is a pretty good manager. You guys still have a good mix of players and Kroenke can now spend some cash.

Its not disrespect. We all know what a threat Man United could be, but it is fair to say that it's yet to be seen if they are legitimate or not as they have not faced a top 6 opponent yet. Everton and Leicester are probably the only two "good teams" you guys have faced so far. That's compare to City who has already trashed Liverpool and got three points vs Chelsea.

« Reply #115 on: October 06, 2017, 10:05:13 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

Its not disrespect. We all know what a threat Man United could be, but it is fair to say that it's yet to be seen if they are legitimate or not as they have not faced a top 6 opponent yet. Everton and Leicester are probably the only two "good teams" you guys have faced so far. That's compare to City who has already trashed Liverpool and got three points vs Chelsea.
The former playing most of the game with 10 men and the latter being worn out due to a thin team and Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ty offense when their key cogs are tired or out. Obviously City are the favourites but United should be considered as legitimate if you're counting teams like Tottenham and Chelsea too.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #116 on: October 06, 2017, 11:16:26 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

The former playing most of the game with 10 men and the latter being worn out due to a thin team and ****ty offense when their key cogs are tired or out. Obviously City are the favourites but United should be considered as legitimate if you're counting teams like Tottenham and Chelsea too.

Fair.

I do want to ask, what do you make of these Ozil to United rumors?

I do see the potential Mourinho - Ozil reunion, but isn't your midfield too crowded already to add Ozil?

- Pogba
- Mhkitaryan
- Herrera
- Fellaini
- Mata
- Danilo

I don't know how he will fit in that already crowded Central Midfield spot.

« Reply #117 on: October 06, 2017, 06:21:41 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

No disrespect to Chelsea intended, great champions last season, but I feel United and likely Spurs are the clubs City must worry about.  City and United are tied on points at the top because they've both been tremendous.  The table doesn't lie, as they say...

« Reply #118 on: October 07, 2017, 03:47:52 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

The former playing most of the game with 10 men and the latter being worn out due to a thin team and ****ty offense when their key cogs are tired or out. Obviously City are the favourites but United should be considered as legitimate if you're counting teams like Tottenham and Chelsea too.

Fair.

I do want to ask, what do you make of these Ozil to United rumors?

I do see the potential Mourinho - Ozil reunion, but isn't your midfield too crowded already to add Ozil?

- Pogba
- Mhkitaryan
- Herrera
- Fellaini
- Mata
- Danilo

I don't know how he will fit in that already crowded Central Midfield spot.
Haha this is where you don't know our biggest hole-RW. Ozil is projected to slot in at the right wing spot, where only Mata, Micki and Lingard can play and are all terribly inconsistent or are more suited to play CM. These rumours are very much true imo and I'm salivating at the prospect of Ozil coming to United, although I hope he can be a bit more consistent (I noticed that he goes invisible often). Also I don't think we have a Danilo on our team, you might be mistaking him for Matic and Carrick?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 03:56:47 AM by Somebody »
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #119 on: October 07, 2017, 03:48:38 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

No disrespect to Chelsea intended, great champions last season, but I feel United and likely Spurs are the clubs City must worry about.  City and United are tied on points at the top because they've both been tremendous.  The table doesn't lie, as they say...
Yeah and United has a tendency to play direct against strong teams, which is City's weakness.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA