Author Topic: Remaining Offseason Moves that would benefit the Celtics (Beat LA)  (Read 3750 times)

Re: Remaining Offseason Moves that would benefit the Celtics (Beat LA)
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2017, 12:11:28 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I actually like ATL 1-3 (Schroder, Bazemore, Prince). A lot of defense, and 2 solid shooters next to Schroder who will be unleashed next year. However they just have nothing at the big man position. They lost Milsap and Howard and got nothing back for them. They値l be really bad but I think it will be good for them as they will be able to almost surely get a franchise big after just 1 year of tanking (Bagley, Porter, Ayton, or Bamba).
That might be the worst big 3 in the league.  Not sure how you can think highly of them as a group.  Shcroeder should have a very high scoring breakout year, but the other two just aren't very good.  Bazemore is a shooter who shot worse than the NBA average from the field and from 3.  Prince may develop but he's not a good player yet.
I didnt say as a big 3, I said it as point guard, shooting guard, small forward. I just really like their fit together and I am personally high on Schroder. Prince and Bazemore bring good defense and spot up shooting. Also I say I like it compared to 1-3 of the Nets and Lakers, not compared to actual good NBA teams.
Yeah, I understand that but I think that 1-3 is horrible compared to the Lakers top 3 and on par with any 3 from the Nets.
When you look at it, it's barely worse than the Lakers 1-3. Schroeder is considerably better than Ball, KCP is barely better than Bazemore, and Prince vs Ingram will be interesting depending on their growth.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2017, 06:56:28 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I actually like ATL 1-3 (Schroder, Bazemore, Prince). A lot of defense, and 2 solid shooters next to Schroder who will be unleashed next year. However they just have nothing at the big man position. They lost Milsap and Howard and got nothing back for them. They値l be really bad but I think it will be good for them as they will be able to almost surely get a franchise big after just 1 year of tanking (Bagley, Porter, Ayton, or Bamba).
That might be the worst big 3 in the league.  Not sure how you can think highly of them as a group.  Shcroeder should have a very high scoring breakout year, but the other two just aren't very good.  Bazemore is a shooter who shot worse than the NBA average from the field and from 3.  Prince may develop but he's not a good player yet.
I didnt say as a big 3, I said it as point guard, shooting guard, small forward. I just really like their fit together and I am personally high on Schroder. Prince and Bazemore bring good defense and spot up shooting. Also I say I like it compared to 1-3 of the Nets and Lakers, not compared to actual good NBA teams.
Yeah, I understand that but I think that 1-3 is horrible compared to the Lakers top 3 and on par with any 3 from the Nets.
When you look at it, it's barely worse than the Lakers 1-3. Schroeder is considerably better than Ball, KCP is barely better than Bazemore, and Prince vs Ingram will be interesting depending on their growth.
I think Schroeder might be slightly better than Ball this year but Ball will have a positive effect.  Lopez is far better than Bazemore, and Ingram is far better than Prince.

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2017, 07:38:05 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
I think Schroeder might be slightly better than Ball this year but Ball will have a positive effect.  Lopez is far better than Bazemore, and Ingram is far better than Prince.
Ball is getting way too much hype entering the year. Rookies don't have a huge impact on winning, especially when they are in the most stacked position in the league. It takes longer for a point guard to acclimatise, for Ball it may take longer as he is a pass first guy who needs to learn his players.
Ingram certainly has more potential than Prince but his rookie season was poor and he still needs to bulk up big time to have any impact. Prince on the other hand contributed well to a playoff team.

As for a comparison to the Nets, their big 3 would be Lin, Levert and RHJ maybe? Could put Russell, Carroll or Mozgov in their I guess... Either way they suck compared to the Atlanta 3.

I get that the Nets have been improving while others teams have got worse but people forget just how enormous the gap was last year. They were so so terrible, the only reason they even came close in games was their volume 3 point shooting and they just lost their best threat in Lopez.

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2017, 01:22:57 AM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
Lopez plays the 5. My comment was on Atlanta痴 1-3. Point guard, shooting guard, small forward. I agree Atlanta has terrible bigs, but I was saying I like their fit and players at the 1-3.

Personally, I think Schroder is much better than Ball right now, KCP is slightly better than Bazemore, and Prince and Ingram are about even, depending on how much Ingram improves next year. Obviously he could get better as the year goes on, but he did not have a good rookie season. Prince is a solid spot up shooter with good defense.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2017, 06:56:06 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Lopez plays the 5. My comment was on Atlanta痴 1-3. Point guard, shooting guard, small forward. I agree Atlanta has terrible bigs, but I was saying I like their fit and players at the 1-3.

Personally, I think Schroder is much better than Ball right now, KCP is slightly better than Bazemore, and Prince and Ingram are about even, depending on how much Ingram improves next year. Obviously he could get better as the year goes on, but he did not have a good rookie season. Prince is a solid spot up shooter with good defense.
OK, gotcha.  I see you wrote that before but didn't quite catch it. TP.