Author Topic: jaylen brown and bill bradley  (Read 1056 times)

jaylen brown and bill bradley
« on: August 05, 2017, 04:27:35 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
As i follow Jaylen Brown from his videos and his trip to Africa he reminded me of Bill Bradley a Princeton star and Rhodes Scholar.The party he threw in Vegas, His ability to surround himself with advisors, His post graduate courses.
.Bill Bradley used his fame with the Knicks to become a state senator from New Jersey and later to run for Democratic presidential nomination.Bradley played for Knicks for 10 years, i hope that we get that many from Jaylen.
Boston could always use another politician-wink wink(love or hate them)
I love Jaylens drive to become great at basketball but i sense he has some higher calling to eventually fulfill .
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 10:06:05 AM by rollie mass »

Re: jaylen brown and bill bradly
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 07:42:40 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
It's Bill Bradley.  They are both high intellect and Jaylen works hard but it's too early to tell if they have much else in common.  They are very different basketball players.

Maybe after his basketball career he goes back and finishes his college degree.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 08:33:24 AM by Surferdad »

Re: jaylen brown and bill bradly
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 08:16:02 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Bill Bradley was a Rhodes Scholar.

Rhodes House in Oxford, designed by Sir Herbert Baker
The Rhodes Scholarship, named for the British mining magnate and South African politician Cecil John Rhodes, is an international postgraduate award for students to study at the University of Oxford.  It is widely considered to be one of the world's most prestigious scholarships.Established in 1902, it was the first large-scale program of international scholarships inspiring the creation of a great many other awards across the globe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhodes_Scholarship

So you can see Bradley had a much rarer honor than a taking a graduate class as a freshman.   Jaylen is a smart bright young man but I doubt he would qualify or take a Rhodes Scholarship if offered given the link to colonialism.

I sometimes think they hype Jaylen's intellect up anyway given that most jocks are not considered the brightest guys as a stereotype.   A guy that plays chess and is articulate makes one go wow.  It takes a 3. 00 GPA to get into CAL if you're a resident, 3.4 GPA if you're not a resident, hardly stringent. 

http://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/counselors/q-and-a/selection/index.html

I say this as a huge fan of Jaylen and I get excited for the potential of a big play whenever he enters the game.