Author Topic: Michael Porter Jr. Watch Thread  (Read 921 times)

Re: Michael Porter Jr. Watch Thread
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2017, 01:40:40 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
The guy who surpasses Durant will be a robot
This is where the rubber hits the road

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2017, 02:33:40 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1132
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I'm not going to deny the skillset and the potential, but I think I'm one of the few, if not, the only one who thinks we SHOULD NOT target Michael Porter, Jr., and instead try to get either Mohamed Bamba, DeAndre Ayton, or both.

We have Gordon Hayward and Jayson Tatum. One is offensively capable, the other one is offensively gifted. I just see how he will fit with those two, elite skills and all.

Ayton and Bamba, on the other hand, fills a need. Horford isn't getting any younger, and both these kids could be the future of the Center position. Long, athletic, skilled, showing some semblance of a jumper that can be improved. It's something we really need, and they have the talent and the potential to be special.

My dream is to be able to draft both 7 footers, and we can roll a lineup of Hayward - Tatum - Bamba - Ayton moving forward. . .
"The Boston Celtics are not a basketball team, they are a way of life."

- Red

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2017, 06:46:13 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 189
I'm not going to deny the skillset and the potential, but I think I'm one of the few, if not, the only one who thinks we SHOULD NOT target Michael Porter, Jr., and instead try to get either Mohamed Bamba, DeAndre Ayton, or both.

We have Gordon Hayward and Jayson Tatum. One is offensively capable, the other one is offensively gifted. I just see how he will fit with those two, elite skills and all.

Ayton and Bamba, on the other hand, fills a need. Horford isn't getting any younger, and both these kids could be the future of the Center position. Long, athletic, skilled, showing some semblance of a jumper that can be improved. It's something we really need, and they have the talent and the potential to be special.

My dream is to be able to draft both 7 footers, and we can roll a lineup of Hayward - Tatum - Bamba - Ayton moving forward. . .
interesting perspective. I'm not one to draft for need but I understand the concerns around horford and the need for a prospect behind him or potential  frontcourt partner

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2017, 06:51:36 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 203
I would say Kevin Durant is both taller and longer than Porter. Probably more athletic when he was younger. He was also a better prospect.

Kevin Durant is 1 of 1.
kevin Durant couldn't bench press 1 rep of 180 lbs at the draft combine, so not sure what athleticism you're referring to. I don't think anyone's arguing whether durants inch taller makes a big difference. The point is many scouts see Durant in porter. Its hard not to. We would be very lucky to have him

Clearly Durant wouldn't have made a good Offensive tackle.

That's the worst critique of a basketball player's athleticism I've ever seen.

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2017, 07:17:02 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 78

Hayward and Tatum are 3s. Porter and Bagley are 4s. Zizic is prob the C of the future..

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2017, 08:21:08 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1132
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Hayward and Tatum are 3s. Porter and Bagley are 4s. Zizic is prob the C of the future..

I thinkn Hayward can slot in at the SG just fine.

And while I do understand that neither Bamba nor Ayton are listed as PF's, their quickness for their size, and their potential to be able to make shots from distance makes it fine to slot either of them to either big spots.

You practically re-create the Twin Towers with those two if you get them both, with Hayward and with Tatum, and they could impact the game without being a heavy usage player. Bagley, as talented as he is, might need more touches, and with Tatum and Hayward's game predicated on touches, he might not be a good fit.

If you just get one of them, you still get an excellent prospect that could be a piece that fits moving forward.
"The Boston Celtics are not a basketball team, they are a way of life."

- Red