Author Topic: New Celtic jersey design revealed by NBA 2K18  (Read 4441 times)

Re: New Celtic jersey design revealed by NBA 2K18
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2017, 01:45:57 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
NBA2K makes these guys look like wax figures. Give me good ol' Tecmo basketball any day.

TP, rnr! Not that I don't like NBA2k every now and then (remember how for the first few years it only costs $20? That was the best), but Tecmo NBA was life-altering for me. I spent countless hours playing that game (for years) both by myself and with my best friend. It was absolute perfection in a time where basketball video games were really sub par (same goes for Tecmo Super Bowl, slight upgrade to Tecmo Bowl imo). If you go and play it today, it is still fun.

As for the jerseys, I don't anticipate much change, but I sure hope Hayward looks a lot more like the guy on the right than on the left.

Thanks! I still love me some Tecmo Bowl, and RBI Baseball, to this day. Maybe I'd have liked the more complicated and realistic games if I'd grown up with them, but they really don't interest me.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2017, 02:11:41 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Non-uniform related, interesting that Hayward is rated an 88 and IT is rated an 89. So IT is the best player on this team?
There are much less categories for defence in 2k than there are offence. It heavily leans towards offence because, well, it's a video game.

If it were balanced I think Hayward would be our best player.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2017, 04:56:07 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Non-uniform related, interesting that Hayward is rated an 88 and IT is rated an 89. So IT is the best player on this team?
There are much less categories for defence in 2k than there are offence. It heavily leans towards offence because, well, it's a video game.

If it were balanced I think Hayward would be our best player.

To be fair though, with the way the league is going, offense is definitely more important now than defense. Not to say D isn't important but it wouldn't be unreasonable to question the old adage of "offense wins games, defense wins championships".
- LilRip

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2017, 08:41:21 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Wait, someone thought Hayward was the best player on the team?!  ::)
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."