Author Topic: New Celtic jersey design revealed by NBA 2K18  (Read 4440 times)

New Celtic jersey design revealed by NBA 2K18
« on: August 03, 2017, 11:39:55 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

Starting this season, Nike is changing the designs on all jerseys as they're the new jersey sponsor.

Left is old jersey, right one is the new "icon" design (icon refers to primary color jersey. Color jerseys may now be worn at home if the team chooses to wear it.)

Notice the slight changes: Boston font might be different (looks bigger and not as arced but might be perspective of screenshot), new number isn't outlined by green,  GE patch, nike logo, slight waist buckle design. The stripes on the shorts might be thinner.

Old white:

New white:

^ new  number one white jersey isn't outlined by white.

Sidenote: doesn't Hayward look right in green?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 12:17:20 AM by CelticsElite »

Re: New Celtic jersey design revealed by NBA 2K18
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 11:52:36 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Not really much change...with the Celtics jersey there isn't really a whole lot that can be changed.

Isnt this more of a pic to show the difference in quality of video game graphics?

The additional jersey stuff and darker green might just be down to more effort put into the detail of the jersey.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 11:58:34 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Not really much change...with the Celtics jersey there isn't really a whole lot that can be changed.

Isnt this more of a pic to show the difference in quality of video game graphics?

The additional jersey stuff and darker green might just be down to more effort put into the detail of the jersey.
a fan made the comparison to show how different Hayward looked. I thought it was a good image to show the slight differences in the jersey

The image of Hayward with the New Jersey was released as a promotion of his new team and rating in the game ( https://mobile.twitter.com/nba2k/status/893290417193500672 )

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 12:00:04 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

Starting this season, Nike is changing the designs on all jerseys as they're the new jersey sponsor.

Left is old jersey, right one is the new "icon" design (icon refers to primary color jersey. Color jerseys may now be worn at home if the team chooses to wear it.)

Notice the slight changes: Boston font might be different (looks bigger and not as arced but might be perspective of screenshot), GE patch, nike logo, slight waist buckle design. The stripes on the shorts might be thinner.
Might just be the lighting, but the new one looks a shade darker too.
Yup

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 12:01:18 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

Notice the slight changes: Boston font might be different (looks bigger and not as arced but might be perspective of screenshot), GE patch, nike logo, slight waist buckle design. The stripes on the shorts might be thinner.
Might just be the lighting, but the new one looks a shade darker too.
i thought the same thing. It could be a different shade of green

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2017, 12:01:35 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Hayward sure looks good in that uniform woohoo!
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 12:13:17 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
^for sure

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2017, 01:08:38 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
NBA2K makes these guys look like wax figures. Give me good ol' Tecmo basketball any day.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2017, 01:12:21 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
Hayward sure looks good in that uniform woohoo!
yup, he looks like he added a couple of pounds of pure muscles as well :D
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2017, 02:17:21 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
Hopefully that is accurate. Every other new jersey seems to have a V neck design, glad the Celtics one is keeping the previous circular one.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2017, 06:54:10 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Nikr has said there will be 4 uniform designs. Hope the 2 alternates will be a bit radical.
Something bold..I want to see the celtic logo as a prominent design of the alternates and i also want the Cs to use its other colors...the Cs use white,green and black but they never use their gold or yellow color which appear in the outfit of Lucky the leperchaun..I think its time to use em.

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2017, 07:55:02 AM »

Offline Yazfan

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 16
Hayward already reaping the benefits of a major basketball market.

NBA 2K doing a much more accurate depiction of his face/body/head/hair and player rating.

Previously they always gave him more of a generic body and under rated him because they never paid attention to him.

+1 Celtics

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2017, 06:18:26 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Hayward already reaping the benefits of a major basketball market.

NBA 2K doing a much more accurate depiction of his face/body/head/hair and player rating.

Previously they always gave him more of a generic body and under rated him because they never paid attention to him.

+1 Celtics
true

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2017, 08:21:28 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
NBA2K makes these guys look like wax figures. Give me good ol' Tecmo basketball any day.

TP, rnr! Not that I don't like NBA2k every now and then (remember how for the first few years it only costs $20? That was the best), but Tecmo NBA was life-altering for me. I spent countless hours playing that game (for years) both by myself and with my best friend. It was absolute perfection in a time where basketball video games were really sub par (same goes for Tecmo Super Bowl, slight upgrade to Tecmo Bowl imo). If you go and play it today, it is still fun.

As for the jerseys, I don't anticipate much change, but I sure hope Hayward looks a lot more like the guy on the right than on the left.

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2017, 09:39:42 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Non-uniform related, interesting that Hayward is rated an 88 and IT is rated an 89. So IT is the best player on this team?

- LilRip