Other Discussions > Other / General Sports

Most dominant HW champion Ever - Wladimir Klitschko Retires

(1/3) > >>

Moranis:
Klitschko was 64-5 with 54 knockouts.  He was a major belt champion from 2006 to 2015 which is second only to Joe Louis, however Klitschko has more title fights in his run than Louis did.  That was Klitschko's second run as major belt champion as he was also the champ from 2000 to 2003.

nickagneta:

--- Quote from: Moranis on August 03, 2017, 03:47:16 PM ---Klitschko was 64-5 with 54 knockouts.  He was a major belt champion from 2006 to 2015 which is second only to Joe Louis, however Klitschko has more title fights in his run than Louis did.  That was Klitschko's second run as major belt champion as he was also the champ from 2000 to 2003.

--- End quote ---
The heavyweight division of boxing has been a complete joke during Klischko's reign as champion. Ali's and Louis' reign's as champs were more impressive given the level of competition they faced. I think that makes both of them arguably more dominant champions in the heavyweight division. Heck, Tyson may have been more dominant.

Moranis:

--- Quote from: nickagneta on August 03, 2017, 03:52:23 PM ---
--- Quote from: Moranis on August 03, 2017, 03:47:16 PM ---Klitschko was 64-5 with 54 knockouts.  He was a major belt champion from 2006 to 2015 which is second only to Joe Louis, however Klitschko has more title fights in his run than Louis did.  That was Klitschko's second run as major belt champion as he was also the champ from 2000 to 2003.

--- End quote ---
The heavyweight division of boxing has been a complete joke during Klischko's reign as champion. Ali's and Louis' reign's as champs were more impressive given the level of competition they faced. I think that makes both of them arguably more dominant champions in the heavyweight division. Heck, Tyson may have been more dominant.

--- End quote ---
you can only be measured by your actual competition when measuring dominance.  Now sure you could argue any number of boxers were better than Klitschko, but none were more dominant.

Granath:

--- Quote from: Moranis on August 03, 2017, 04:06:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: nickagneta on August 03, 2017, 03:52:23 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
you can only be measured by your actual competition when measuring dominance.  Now sure you could argue any number of boxers were better than Klitschko, but none were more dominant.

--- End quote ---

This is absolutely untrue. "Dominance" isn't a fact, it's a matter of how you justify it. You're confusing the two and then trying to cherry pick a very limited data set to equate them. It's also quite funny how you say that "you can only be measured by your actual competition" yet you proceed to measure Wlad against everyone in history and thus fighters who weren't his competition.   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Larry Holmes - Ali's former sparring partner - had more consecutive title defenses. Louis' reign lasted for much longer AND had more title fights than Wlad's run. His brother Vitali was probably the better fighter. In my opinion, you can't consider anyone the "most dominant of all time" when they refused to fight the unquestionable best contender of their time.

I like Wlad. I thought he was a great fighter and an all-around good human being. But I'm not convinced he was better than Lewis who isn't in my top 8 heavyweights.

kozlodoev:
When evaluating Klitschko's dominance, don't forget that he had committed to never fight his brother, who held the WBC title simultaneously for multiple years.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version