Author Topic: Zizic WAS gassed  (Read 4403 times)

Re: Zizic WAS gassed
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2017, 01:26:38 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
I have yet to see anything that shows he is deserving of all the hyperbole on this blog.
time will tell

but he definitely looks like  "throwback" big from the old days

not sure how that'll translate to today's nba
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2017, 01:27:49 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
I have yet to see anything that shows he is deserving of all the hyperbole on this blog.
time will tell

The "New" NBA is fake news. The vast majority of teams still use a trad C. Even GS uses Zaza..

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2017, 01:35:06 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
                    hyperBOle----from coachbooo

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2017, 01:44:26 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
time will tell

The "New" NBA is fake news. The vast majority of teams still use a trad C. Even GS uses Zaza..

True.  Zaza, McGee & the other 'traditional 5s' on their roster consumed just under 80% of the minutes for that position last year.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2017, 02:23:38 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Zizic looked very bad to my eyes compared to the expectations I had. That said, it was just summer league. Don't be surprised if he's a different dude during training camp.

i thought the same .  but im gonna wait at least 1/2 season before I declare him Fab melo 2.0

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2017, 03:34:21 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Zizic looked very bad to my eyes compared to the expectations I had. That said, it was just summer league. Don't be surprised if he's a different dude during training camp.

i thought the same .  but im gonna wait at least 1/2 season before I declare him Fab melo 2.0

True in Utah, felt differently in Vegas. Was what I expected there.

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2017, 06:02:10 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I think he's going to be fine.  Give the kid time.  Young 7 footers take more time to develop than shorter wings and guards.  Something about learning to coordinate all that length and 'growing' into the body.

He's got true size and strength for the position.  And that's going to improve even more once he gets into pro conditioning program with the Celtics.  His base skills of rebounding and defense are not going to go away.

No need to press the panic button when he hasn't played a single pro game in the NBA yet.

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2017, 07:06:23 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
long term Zizic is going to be fine.

Bigs typically do not show well in these less organized settings

Bigs take longer to develop

With time the Cs have a player who is somewhere on the scale of R Lopez to A Baynes. Nice pick up for a late first round pick.

Can you name a legit NBA big that didn't dominate summer league? 

Even mediocre Kelly Olynyk owned in Summer League...  If a seven footer isn't going to show well there, there's not a lot of hope for him.

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2017, 07:12:57 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

With time the Cs have a player who is somewhere on the scale of R Lopez to A Baynes. Nice pick up for a late first round pick.

Even mediocre Kelly Olynyk owned in Summer League...  If a seven footer isn't going to show well there, there's not a lot of hope for him.

Well he DID dominate the LV Summer League. Was the best big there. Ate Zach Collins alive, the No 10 pick in the draft. Went for 14-10 vs GSW. If Ante Zizic looked like a bust in SL, then every big in the last couple draft is utterly hopeless..

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2017, 07:39:03 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Zizic ended up doing great in summer league. A lot of casual fans wrote him off in game 1.

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2017, 10:56:01 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Except Zizic had a good SL and got better as it went along.  Don't listen to the overly critical.

The one thing for me he can work on is keeping the ball up but otherwise I was happy with what I saw so far.  He has a good feel for rolling, he can board, and he's physical.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2017, 11:01:01 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 732
time will tell

I hate today's NBA ....................... dribble, dribble, dribble.

I miss the beautiful entry passes and the even prettier post moves that were then used to score.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2017, 06:32:58 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140

Well he DID dominate the LV Summer League. Was the best big there. Ate Zach Collins alive, the No 10 pick in the draft. Went for 14-10 vs GSW. If Ante Zizic looked like a bust in SL, then every big in the last couple draft is utterly hopeless..

The best big there huh?

10 players averaged more rebounds per game in the Las Vegas summer League than Zizic, of those 10 players, 9 of them scored more points per game than him...

It seems more accurate to say he was around the 10th best big in the Las Vegas Summer League... 

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2017, 07:13:47 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
AT altitude.time differences and adjustment to game,all new teammates language and food
He obviously got better in Las Vegas-i have followed him through his euro league last season but have no experience judging a euro big and that young
In euro league he was often rolling wide open and not passed the ball in favor of vet threes
it was like set screens ,rebound and put backs-KID!!!
Considering his motor and running the court his strength and was nullified i am re watching las vegas tapes
 I can not find any recent workout or strengthening videos
What do you guys think of ante zizic

I think he's got a chance to be a pretty darn good big in this league. Raw, young, high motor, and a lot of talent to work with.

Far better prospect than Kendrick Perkins.

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2017, 07:22:55 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

The best big there huh?

10 players averaged more rebounds per game in the Las Vegas summer League than Zizic, of those 10 players, 9 of them scored more points per game than him...

It seems more accurate to say he was around the 10th best big in the Las Vegas Summer League...

Zizic averaged 9.3, 8.5, and 2 in 18 mins in 4 games. That's 18.6, 17, and 4 per 36 mins. I mean what do you want man?

Zubac, who most people here consider a superior prospect did 18.7, 9.3, and 1.9 per 36 in his 2nd SL.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 07:32:42 PM by JHTruth »