Author Topic: Zizic WAS gassed  (Read 4400 times)

Zizic WAS gassed
« on: August 03, 2017, 07:33:06 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
AT altitude.time differences and adjustment to game,all new teammates language and food
He obviously got better in Las Vegas-i have followed him through his euro league last season but have no experience judging a euro big and that young
In euro league he was often rolling wide open and not passed the ball in favor of vet threes
it was like set screens ,rebound and put backs-KID!!!
Considering his motor and running the court his strength and was nullified i am re watching las vegas tapes
 I can not find any recent workout or strengthening videos
What do you guys think of ante zizic
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 07:39:53 AM by rollie mass »

Re: Zizic WAS gassed
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 07:57:55 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
AT altitude.time differences and adjustment to game,all new teammates language and food
He obviously got better in Las Vegas-i have followed him through his euro league last season but have no experience judging a euro big and that young
In euro league he was often rolling wide open and not passed the ball in favor of vet threes
Considering his motor and running the court his strength and was nullified i am re watching las vegas tapes
I imagine that'll be a lot of what we see for him this season and going forward in his career. I don't see him as a big post up threat and the NBA is moving away from that anyway. If he can be a rim-protecting Tristan Thompson with better court vision, I'll be happy. If he can add a consistent 18-footer, I'll be very happy.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 08:36:40 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Altitude is a poor excuse.  SLC is only 4000', which you might feel for a day or two coming from sea level, but to which you'd acclimate pretty quickly.  Maybe he'd feel it the first game, but they were there for a week.  I love the guy as a prospect, but clearly he's got some conditioning to do.

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 09:40:43 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
I imagine that'll be a lot of what we see for him this season and going forward in his career. I don't see him as a big post up threat and the NBA is moving away from that anyway. If he can be a rim-protecting Tristan Thompson with better court vision, I'll be happy. If he can add a consistent 18-footer, I'll be very happy.
I am thankful  he will have Baynes Teaching him too. He seemed to play harder with each passing game. I think he needed some rest to get going!!!
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 09:44:49 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
I,m from Boston but reside in England and that time change used to get me every time the second week.Tthe accumulative effects would hit-i don't know how altitude effects a 7 footer of his weight
I imagine under a different set of circumstances as we saw in vegas-he might have shown better--

Any way semi recovered his shot in vegas and i was happy demetrius got let go and picked up
Nader pressed and didn't finish well but usually is much more effective but got to the rim at will and drew fouls.

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 10:11:02 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
long term Zizic is going to be fine.

Bigs typically do not show well in these less organized settings

Bigs take longer to develop

With time the Cs have a player who is somewhere on the scale of R Lopez to A Baynes. Nice pick up for a late first round pick.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2017, 10:48:09 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

With time the Cs have a player who is somewhere on the scale of R Lopez to A Baynes. Nice pick up for a late first round pick.
I'm hoping he's Kendrick Perkins with a mid-range jump shot and better post moves.

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2017, 11:43:37 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Altitude is a poor excuse.  SLC is only 4000', which you might feel for a day or two coming from sea level, but to which you'd acclimate pretty quickly.  Maybe he'd feel it the first game, but they were there for a week.  I love the guy as a prospect, but clearly he's got some conditioning to do.

Yeah, maybe, but he's at 4007 feet.    ;) ;D
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2017, 11:57:25 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Zizic looked very bad to my eyes compared to the expectations I had. That said, it was just summer league. Don't be surprised if he's a different dude during training camp.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2017, 12:00:53 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I have fairly high hopes for Zizic—not all-star hopes, but expectations that he'll become a solid rotation (possibly starting) big who is good at setting screens, rolling and finishing, rebounding, and rim protection.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2017, 12:34:51 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
I have fairly high hopes for Zizic—not all-star hopes, but expectations that he'll become a solid rotation (possibly starting) big who is good at setting screens, rolling and finishing, rebounding, and rim protection.

That's all we need. We can't have 5 max All-Stars starting for us. We need guys like Brown and Ante to be really valuable nice starters that don't necessarily command the max..

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2017, 12:38:33 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
He looked considerably better as the tournament went on, a lot of people are quick to judge and say "its an excuse blah blah", but when you are actually in that position, they really play a factor. Familiarity, comfort level, climate, language, etc all of these factor in how we perform, and different people react to them in different ways. Some people adapt very quickly, while some not at all.

For example I was very good in math in high school, but when I entered the University it was a different culture, and the people I was dealing with are from the richer parts of the society. All of a sudden my school performance is taking a dip. It was only when I got comfortable with the environment that I was able to perform like I used to.

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2017, 12:43:12 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219

I'm hoping he's Kendrick Perkins with a mid-range jump shot and better post moves.

That would be great!
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2017, 12:54:18 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
He looked very slow off his feet. So timing associated with rim protection many be a factor. He did get good rebounding position in general throughout SL.

In general he looked kind of a step behind the pace most of SL. Having trouble with the speed and athletic ability of opposition. Playing against better competition could be a factor.

I don't see him getting steady minutes during the season, he may just shuffle between Boston, and Maine, until next year.

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2017, 01:01:29 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
I have yet to see anything that shows he is deserving of all the hyperbole on this blog.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."