Author Topic: Embiid still not cleared to play in 5-on-5 contact  (Read 2810 times)

Re: Embiid still not cleared to play in 5-on-5 contact
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2017, 02:28:29 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
what will he be 25 before he completes a whole season of NBA ball.

Im not declaring him the next great HOF player , till i see him play though SEVERAL seasons without major issues to his body. 

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2017, 07:34:58 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Embiid will be continually injured his entire career. He'll never be able to play 81 games in a pounding NBA season. If he plays 5 total seasons I'd be surprised.

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2017, 07:37:26 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
If this was the season, I suspect he would be playing, but since we are still a ways away from camp even starting, why have him play contact drills.  It makes no sense.  Just wait for camp.

Lol....It has been this same song and dance every off season.

Then what? "Why play in TC, just wait for pre-season. It makes no sense."

"Why play in pre-season, just wait for the real season. It makes no sense."
He said he would be ready for training camp, that is all that matters.  why would he need to be playing in 5 on 5 contact drills right now.  It really does make no sense.
he also said he would play the entire season and he ended up playing 30 games

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2017, 07:41:35 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I wish him well and good health.

He is a JOY to watch play and seems to have a good head on his shoulders. He reminds me so much of Hakeem.

Just leave Twitter (and Lavar Ball) alone and he'll be ok lol.

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2017, 08:29:36 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
The only potential problem with this is that it is the 76ers medical staff that has a truly awful track record the last 2-3 years (including their updates about injuries). However, I agree with others that the most likely thing is that he is not playing 5-5 because it is a pointless risk for him and they are saving him for meaningful basketball.
Exactly.  Embiid has been practicing for quite a while.  No team is going to be playing 5-5 at this point in the offseason.  Covington also had meniscus surgery at the end of the season.  Really should be a significant concern and Embiid showed no back or foot issues.  Their medical staff does leave a lot to be desired and Okafor being hindered by his meniscus surgery all last season do give pause for concern. 

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2017, 10:17:13 PM »

Online moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
If this was the season, I suspect he would be playing, but since we are still a ways away from camp even starting, why have him play contact drills.  It makes no sense.  Just wait for camp.

Lol....It has been this same song and dance every off season.

Then what? "Why play in TC, just wait for pre-season. It makes no sense."

"Why play in pre-season, just wait for the real season. It makes no sense."
He said he would be ready for training camp, that is all that matters.  why would he need to be playing in 5 on 5 contact drills right now.  It really does make no sense.
Embiid gets hurt by the court itself.  Does it matter how many players are on it?