Author Topic: So, Neymar to PSG. This is crazy!  (Read 20157 times)

Re: So, Neymar to PSG. This is crazy!
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2017, 04:37:05 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
He clearly wanted out from under Messi's shadow. PSG wanted to make a splash and they got their guy. Still don't think they win Champion's league.

It's just an insane amount of money they threw there. Jesus. I think they get it back int two - three years from all the money Neymar is going to bring, but still.

Now, if they also get Alexis Sanchez, they're going to be insane. IDK if they are still in it on the Alexis stuff, but a Neymar, Alexis, Cavani attack with Veratti behind? That is going to be nuts. Still no defence, but man...

From what I've read, Alexis prefers Man City. Maybe Neymar changes that?

I think PSG have obviously improved, but they have other holes they need to address. They may develop the best attack in the world, but you still have to stop the other team from scoring.

We (Arsenal) are not selling Alexis to Man City, or any PL club, per Wenger. But this has not stopped us from selling our players to PL clubs before, so we'll see.

I do hope that PSG pounces on Alexis and we just cash in. I understand not selling him to a PL opponent, but if a Ligue 1 club wants him, sell right away.

That defence is really shady. Two young players in Aurier and Kurzawa on the full backs. They just signed Dani Alves, what does he have left? What does Thiago Silva have left? Marquinhos? Meh. Matuidi and Krychowiak can hold that midfield, I think that's solid. The back line is very shady, though

But check out their attack...

Lucas Moura
Julian Draxler
Angel Di Maria
Edinson Cavani
Marco Veratti
Hatem Ben Afra

And now you add Neymar to that mix... That's ridiculous...
Ehem...we stole Aurier for 30 million euros (when Matic costs 50 million 30 million for Serge is insane).
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2017, 04:38:30 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
He clearly wanted out from under Messi's shadow. PSG wanted to make a splash and they got their guy. Still don't think they win Champion's league.

It's just an insane amount of money they threw there. Jesus. I think they get it back int two - three years from all the money Neymar is going to bring, but still.

Now, if they also get Alexis Sanchez, they're going to be insane. IDK if they are still in it on the Alexis stuff, but a Neymar, Alexis, Cavani attack with Veratti behind? That is going to be nuts. Still no defence, but man...

I think PSG have obviously improved, but they have other holes they need to address. They may develop the best attack in the world, but you still have to stop the other team from scoring.

We (Arsenal) are not selling Alexis to Man City, or any PL club, per Wenger. But this has not stopped us from selling our players to PL clubs before, so we'll see.

I do hope that PSG pounces on Alexis and we just cash in. I understand not selling him to a PL opponent, but if a Ligue 1 club wants him, sell right away.

That defence is really shady. Two young players in Aurier and Kurzawa on the full backs. They just signed Dani Alves, what does he have left? What does Thiago Silva have left? Marquinhos? Meh. Matuidi and Krychowiak can hold that midfield, I think that's solid. The back line is very shady, though

Lucas Moura
Julian Draxler
Angel Di Maria
Edinson Cavani
Marco Veratti
Hatem Ben Afra

PSG now cannot afford Alexis after capturing Neymar.  Bayern and Chelsea seem to have dropped out long ago, which means that Wenger can sell him now to City for roughly £50 million, or watch him walk at season's end for nothing.  The obvious play is to swallow hard and cut the deal with City, but Arsenal supporters are so fed up with the pervasive lack of ambition by management that they truly might riot if that transaction occurred. 

Seems to me that the best approach is to take the money for Alexis and then immediately spend it on one or two players (a defender or two would be a great idea) who would measuably improve the squad.  By the way, Lacazette should eventually be excellent up front - finally a worthy #1 striker for this club.
Then who will take Sanchez' place at the left? Oxlade Chamberlain?
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2017, 05:02:37 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82

Lucas Moura
Julian Draxler
Angel Di Maria
Edinson Cavani
Marco Veratti
Hatem Ben Afra

PSG now cannot afford Alexis after capturing Neymar.  Bayern and Chelsea seem to have dropped out long ago, which means that Wenger can sell him now to City for roughly £50 million, or watch him walk at season's end for nothing.  The obvious play is to swallow hard and cut the deal with City, but Arsenal supporters are so fed up with the pervasive lack of ambition by management that they truly might riot if that transaction occurred. 

Seems to me that the best approach is to take the money for Alexis and then immediately spend it on one or two players (a defender or two would be a great idea) who would measuably improve the squad.  By the way, Lacazette should eventually be excellent up front - finally a worthy #1 striker for this club.

I don't know, but with £50 million burning a hole in your pocket, buy a forward to play on the left and a much needed central defender. 

In the wake of the LA Rams deal, Kroenke can easily spend some dosh to take Arsenal to the next level, if he's willing...

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2017, 06:21:19 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

Lucas Moura
Julian Draxler
Angel Di Maria
Edinson Cavani
Marco Veratti
Hatem Ben Afra

I don't know, but with £50 million burning a hole in your pocket, buy a forward to play on the left and a much needed central defender. 

In the wake of the LA Rams deal, Kroenke can easily spend some dosh to take Arsenal to the next level, if he's willing...
I don't think a team can buy 2 quality players for 50 million nowadays...especially with Wenger always looking for young talent. Think they don't need a central defender though, Laurence and Gabriel are good options and Per Mertesacker is okay. My guess is that Wenger only tries to buy a replacement with that 50 million. Also Arsenal looks like a PL contender with a real striker tbh, don't think they need Man U type of signings like these 2 years.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2017, 08:40:38 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Lucas Moura
Julian Draxler
Angel Di Maria
Edinson Cavani
Marco Veratti
Hatem Ben Afra

Thomas Lemar. Maybe Riyad Mahrez.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2017, 09:12:24 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2017, 10:42:26 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
La Liga is blocking the move. Can a league do that?

http://www.espnfc.com/soccer-transfers/story/3171271/la-liga-refuses-to-accept-psg-cash-for-barcelonas-neymar?sf103429605=1

I read this earlier

La Liga is understood to have also explained that it is unclear on the origins of the money and that under its regulations only Spanish clubs have the guaranteed right to buy out a contract. The league has repeatedly accepted buyout clause deposits from foreign clubs. It would not be able to reject the money if Neymar himself turned up to pay it.

The league’s stance is delaying the transfer but will not halt it.

« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2017, 10:50:57 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

http://www.espnfc.com/soccer-transfers/story/3171271/la-liga-refuses-to-accept-psg-cash-for-barcelonas-neymar?sf103429605=1
Yeah they can at the expense of getting ****ed by the UEFA. This is actually good for us PL supporters, this would screw La Liga teams a lot, if La Liga keeps on being an ass they would get banned from CL competitions and stuff which would in turn weaken the teams' revenues. This would just speed up our eventual dominance. I hope the PL will have 6 CL spots soon.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2017, 10:53:47 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

I read this earlier

La Liga is understood to have also explained that it is unclear on the origins of the money and that under its regulations only Spanish clubs have the guaranteed right to buy out a contract. The league has repeatedly accepted buyout clause deposits from foreign clubs. It would not be able to reject the money if Neymar himself turned up to pay it.

The league’s stance is delaying the transfer but will not halt it.

This doesn't help Barcelona at all.

The transfer window is closing, and the more they stall this, the less time they have to find a replacement. Even if they are successful, what makes them think that Neymar would be just fine to come back to the Nou Camp.

« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2017, 11:04:18 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Yeah they can at the expense of getting ****ed by the UEFA. This is actually good for us PL supporters, this would screw La Liga teams a lot, if La Liga keeps on being an ass they would get banned from CL competitions and stuff which would in turn weaken the teams' revenues. This would just speed up our eventual dominance. I hope the PL will have 6 CL spots soon.

I find it funny that the La Liga is complaining about a team doing basically the exact same thing Barcelona have been doing.

I just don't see the benefit here, for the league and for Barca.

« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2017, 11:25:40 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
Also question for Arsenal fans: you guys paying for Mbappe? Dude is available for a reasonable price of 180 million euros. Selling Sanchez and Ozil should raise a good chunk of the fees, they're not staying anyways lol.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2017, 11:48:30 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
Also question for Arsenal fans: you guys paying for Mbappe? Dude is available for a reasonable price of 180 million euros. Selling Sanchez and Ozil should raise a good chunk of the fees, they're not staying anyways lol.
is that a joke?.
i'm an arsenal fan, on strike thou, until Wangers gets sacked or until they burn him alive. Arsenal will never win anything again with him on helm, who cares about the FA cup when you finish 5th and get embarassed 10-2 against bayern, and every year another team(Man utd 8-2, Chelsea 6-0 etc...)
PSG made a great move, he will be worth of the money and Barca will still be Barca with Messi, that guy is unreal.
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2017, 12:06:00 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

No. Maybe if it's £80 million and 1 we could.

I think Ozil stays, from what I've been reading, it's likely he stays. I've been ready to move on from Alexis Sanchez since the start of the window, whatever happens, I'm prepared for it. I think the only thing I'm not prepared for is if he goes to Tottenham.

We need another CM, preferably that Leon Goretzka kid from Schalke that have been linked. We need a Santi Cazorla replacement, and it drives me nuts that we keep insisting on Thomas Lemar, when Monaco is playing the ultimate hardball.

is that a joke?.
i'm an arsenal fan, on strike thou, until Wangers gets sacked or until they burn him alive. Arsenal will never win anything again with him on helm, who cares about the FA cup when you finish 5th and get embarassed 10-2 against bayern, and every year another team(Man utd 8-2, Chelsea 6-0 etc...)

You not excited for Lacazette? I mean, I'm Wenger Out too, but Lacazette...

« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2017, 12:41:32 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth

I think Ozil stays, from what I've been reading, it's likely he stays. I've been ready to move on from Alexis Sanchez since the start of the window, whatever happens, I'm prepared for it. I think the only thing I'm not prepared for is if he goes to Tottenham.

We need another CM, preferably that Leon Goretzka kid from Schalke that have been linked. We need a Santi Cazorla replacement, and it drives me nuts that we keep insisting on Thomas Lemar, when Monaco is playing the ultimate hardball.

is that a joke?.

yeah, great addition, but IMHO Wenger cant get our players in the right mindset anymore, he lost the lockerroom last year in the last third of the year.
BTW i'll be at the Arsenal vs Brighton game in October
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2017, 12:52:40 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

is that a joke?.

yeah, great addition, but IMHO Wenger cant get our players in the right mindset anymore, he lost the lockerroom last year in the last third of the year.
BTW i'll be at the Arsenal vs Brighton game in October

Nice! And I agree. I hope his last two years will include a transition year where we set up some sort of a structure that would take over when he's gone. I want him out, but we really don't have that kind of a structure in place for a new manager to come in. He does pretty much everything for this club.