Author Topic: ESPN: Can Lebron's Super Friends Join Together in 2018 (Lebron, CP3, Wade, Melo)  (Read 4323 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/20161740/how-lebron-cp3-wade-melo-ride-together

Basically the idea is lebron/cp3/Melo/ wade all join the Lakers (or knicks or rockets) next off season as free agents to create team banana boat for their last superteam of their Careers

This reminds me of the 2004 Lakers. Desperation haha. They are going to be really old
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 10:15:11 AM by Redz »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
sure they can, but all but LeBron are starting to show their age, it'll be a fun team to watch but I doubt that team wins anything. Wade and CP3 are 2 I wouldn't trust being healthy

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I'd love to see the Banana Boat vs. Ball family civil war in LA.  That team falls to Golden State in a heap of flames.

From a cap perspective, it depends how much playing together is worth to them, but LA could probably let three of them split $60 million next year with the 4th (likely Wade) taking the room exception.

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I mean, if Houston trades for Carmelo, and then Lebron / Wade sign for basically free, it's a fascinating team.

Lebron would be giving up something like $30 million though.  Assume Anderson and Ariza get traded:

Capela / Nene
Carmelo / Mbah a Moute
Lebron / Tucker
Harden / Gordon
CP3 / Wade

That would be one of the most interesting collections of talent ever.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
CP3                              Curry
Wade                            Klay
Harden            >           Iggy
Lebron                          KD
Melo                             Draymond

As far as death lineups go. And Capela is better than whatever trash the Warriors throw out there as their traditional center (Zaza, West, McGee)
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Old knees and lots of money left on the table, but whatever makes the sunset more tolerable.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

As far as death lineups go. And Capela is better than whatever trash the Warriors throw out there as their traditional center (Zaza, West, McGee)
This. If the Rockets manage this and we beat GSW next year that "dynasty" will only have one ring.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2158
The Knicks should have set themselves up to have nothing other than Melo and Porzingis on the books for next summer. How did teams not see the writing on the wall for this?
The only color that matters is GREEN

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Wade would be 37. Carmelo and Lebron would be 34. Chris Paul would be 33.

They'd be awfully creaky.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1547
I can't see a scenario where James isn't a max level player next summer, so for this to happen it would have to be a team that can give James a max and still acquire the other 3.  I just don't see that as all that likely, though all but Paul might end up in Cleveland this year (Wade on a buy out and Anthony on a trade).  I doubt Paul ends ups as a MLE type player next summer, but that theoretically could happen in Cleveland (again very remote possibility).  Of all the teams out there, LA seems like the most likely team by signing James to max, signing Paul to near max, bringing Wade over on the MLE, and trading for Anthony who opts in to that final year to make it happen (Deng and Clarkson or something like that). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78
I mean, if Houston trades for Carmelo, and then Lebron / Wade sign for basically free, it's a fascinating team.

Lebron would be giving up something like $30 million though.  Assume Anderson and Ariza get traded:

Capela / Nene
Carmelo / Mbah a Moute
Lebron / Tucker
Harden / Gordon
CP3 / Wade

That would be one of the most interesting collections of talent ever.

These guys are "interesting" also...but I don't see either group hoisting a banner.

...I'll leave it to everybody's creative opinion of who is who  ;D

Rak

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I'd love to see LeBUM's super team with all of his buddies.  And when they lose, and they certainly will, I'd love it.

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166

Where did Harden come from, he's not in the original question.

I'll take Drammond, Steph, KD, and Klay over Lebron, CP3, Wade, and Melo any day!
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth

sorry but there is no way that 4 superstar MVP / Hall of famers in their prime lose to 4 declining superstar with who often get injured, and some of them have serious character, defending issues. My money would be on GSW all day long.
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
As usual discussing these guys people really seem to underestimate how old they are and how fast they are declining.

Wade will be 36 at the start of next season! If he has an injury prone season I wouldn't be surprised to see him retire. Last year was the 4th year in a row his minutes declined down to under 30mpg and he shot a career low from the field at 43% (and obviously still not a 3 point threat at 31%). His assists were the lowest of his career and his ppg were the lowest aside from his rookie year. This year he will probably be at 26-27mpg and maybe average 14 or 15. In 2018-2019? Probably 25mpg and 12 points per game off the bench.

Lebron will be 34 in the 2018-2019 season. I think he will still be an all-star but I personally don't think he will be one of the top 10 players next year (3rd team all-NBA is my guest)

Carmelo will also be 34 and will continue to decline. He will no longer be an all-star player.

Paul is the hardest to predict as he has already started to struggle with injuries and the history of small point guards is not good.

It wouldn't shock me if the Banana Boat team used all their cap on those 4 guys and ended up as a 7 seed. Kind of like when the Rockets had all these superstars at the end of their career in 98-99 and got knocked out in the first round..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998%E2%80%9399_Houston_Rockets_season