Author Topic: Curry mocks Bron Bron at wedding/Kyrie laughs/no respect anymore for the King?  (Read 6237 times)

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Lol at Steph. Lebron dominated his 73 win team,...

Then there’s reality: Lebron loses his 3rd straight Final if the league office doesn't suspend out of politics the Warriors best defender (this year’s DPOY) and 2 way player, in the closeout game; the likes of which has never happened in NBA Finals or MLB World Series history.  Then it took Kyrie's winning shot to win the 7th game, Lebron isn't a closer.  The Warriors getting Durant may have been part Karma.

Politics? Green is the dirtiest player in the NBA. He absolutely deserved the suspension.

Where was Green in Games 6 and 7?

Roy I have to ask you this. Do you think if the Cavs were up 3-1 when Green had the same mini spat with Lebron he still would have been suspended? I honestly do not think he would have been. It really seemed like the league should have suspended him in the OKC Thunder series, but did not want to with Golden State down in the series. I think Adam Silver is doing a solid job overall but the way that was handled and how arbitrary it was reminded me of Roger Goodell.

Oh, it's completely arbitrary. The league, for whatever reason, has decided to coddle Green, the dirtiest player in years. I'm sure they would have let him skate again if the series were lopsided in the Cavs favor.

He deserved the suspension though.

I agree with you completely.

People can speculate all they like about whether he WOULD have been suspended IF the series was in a different position. 

Fact is the series was in the position it was in, Green made a dirty play, he absolutely deserved a suspension and he got exactly that. 

This is especially true when it is somebody like Draymond Green, who has a very well documented (and very long) history of clearly intentional dirty plays. 

Draymond is old enough to know what he's doing, if he commits a stupid play like that thereby putting himself in a position to be suspended for such a critical game, then that's on him and nobody else. 

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
From Rhode Island and spoke with father of the groom on Saturday. A true gentleman.
Was informed (but not confirmed) that Lebron James attended the party Saturday along with...
Harden, Curry, Roy Williams, Irving, Hoiberg and countless other NBA luminaries.

Friday afternoon Curry dazzled at Newport National with an eagle and numerous birdies as he cleaned out the benjamins from a large group of the wedding party.

Rumored Thomas was there, but, no confirmation.

Enormous limos and helicopters are not uncommon in Newport, but, there were a bunch this weekend.

I am originally from Rhode Island and have been to weddings there before, but presumably nothing like this! Would have been cool to see those guys out and about.

Word was Curry and some others were at the Black Pearl...could've been just walking by.

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
Lol at Steph. Lebron dominated his 73 win team,...

Then there’s reality: Lebron loses his 3rd straight Final if the league office doesn't suspend out of politics the Warriors best defender (this year’s DPOY) and 2 way player, in the closeout game; the likes of which has never happened in NBA Finals or MLB World Series history.  Then it took Kyrie's winning shot to win the 7th game, Lebron isn't a closer.  The Warriors getting Durant may have been part Karma.

Politics? Green is the dirtiest player in the NBA. He absolutely deserved the suspension.

Where was Green in Games 6 and 7?

Roy I have to ask you this. Do you think if the Cavs were up 3-1 when Green had the same mini spat with Lebron he still would have been suspended? I honestly do not think he would have been. It really seemed like the league should have suspended him in the OKC Thunder series, but did not want to with Golden State down in the series. I think Adam Silver is doing a solid job overall but the way that was handled and how arbitrary it was reminded me of Roger Goodell.

They would have suspended him.

Remember, the league suspended Amare and Diaw for standing up on the bench and taking a step beyond the line when there was an on-court altercation. During the era when the Suns were the darlings of the league and when the Spurs were killing ratings with their methodical play.

Jerry Stackhouse is the only other player to have been suspended in the NBA Finals (2006). In that case, he (a bench player) committed a hard foul on Shaq as Shaq was going to the basket. He was given a flagrant 1 in the game. The next day the league office upgraded it to a 2.

In the case with Green and Lebron, where Lebron knocked him down, stepped over and sort of teabagged him, no foul was called on either of them in the game. Only because James lobbied for the suspension after the game, and had his b^&*# reporter Chris Broussard tell the world Green called him a b#$%^ for what he did, did he get suspended.

Yeah this was not the greatest moment for the NBA in terms of consistency and doing things above board. I don't think any one would like it if the league started doing this more often suspending and penalizing players because they felt they got off too easy for earlier actions.

They wouldn't like it, especially the hero worshipers. But it's not gonna happen to the marquee players for business reasons.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 10:29:37 PM by alley oop »

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
Not like LeBron ever gets bail out calls or is allowed to travel, eh?   There is a set of rules for most and a set of rules to promote the King. I get it the stars get calls but it is borderline ridiculous for LeBron.

1.   LeBron James   8752
2.   Paul Pierce   8578
3.   Dwight Howard   8255
4.   Dirk Nowitzki   8081
5.   Carmelo Anthony   7075
6.   Dwyane Wade   7041
7.   Pau Gasol   6062
8.   Vince Carter   5950
9.   Kevin Durant   5596
10.   Chris Bosh   5591

Wow the big three of MIA in active players leaders who would have ever thought that with LeBron with the most.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/fta_active.html

And he never contacts a players groin in the playoffs:
https://vine.co/v/iY9wgnJUejp  2016
https://bluemanhoop.com/2017/06/08/lebron-james-kick-andre-iguodala/    2017
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 09:55:09 PM by alley oop »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4
Not like LeBron ever gets bail out calls or is allowed to travel, eh?   There is a set of rules for most and a set of rules to promote the King. I get it the stars get calls but it is borderline ridiculous for LeBron.

1.   LeBron James   8752
2.   Paul Pierce   8578
6.   Dwyane Wade   7041
7.   Pau Gasol   6062
8.   Vince Carter   5950
9.   Kevin Durant   5596
10.   Chris Bosh   5591

Wow the big three of MIA in active players leaders who would have ever thought that with LeBron with the most.

Are you implying that another player deserves more free throws than Lebron James over the past 10 years?

NBA could be officiated by flawless robots and Wade and Bron would be in the top 10 of this list.

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

1.   LeBron James   8752
2.   Paul Pierce   8578
6.   Dwyane Wade   7041
7.   Pau Gasol   6062
8.   Vince Carter   5950
9.   Kevin Durant   5596
10.   Chris Bosh   5591

Are you implying that another player deserves more free throws than Lebron James over the past 10 years?

NBA could be officiated by flawless robots and Wade and Bron would be in the top 10 of this list.
yeah that is a weird argument especially when you look at FG attempts and find only Dirk has more than James among active players and Dirk is just a different kind of player
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

I think the league has always helped with his production and still do.   He is still a great player but I for one would like to see the league rules apply to everyone.

I am specifically talking about non calls on stuff like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cah8Z_VIxQ

and this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlKD51c_mt4

and these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fSlLdXNzPw

yeah that is a weird argument especially when you look at FG attempts and find only Dirk has more than James among active players and Dirk is just a different kind of player

It happens. See above, I know you have a serious man crush on him.   He is a great player but he gets way too much special treatment.    The above is filmed proof of the flopping and fake fouls.

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

I think the league has always helped with his production and still do.   He is still a great player but I for one would like to see the league rules apply to everyone.

and this:

and these

It happens. See above, I know you have a serious man crush on him.   He is a great player but he gets way too much special treatment.    The above is filmed proof of the flopping and fake fouls.
Did Paul Pierce get special treatment?  I mean Pierce has more FTA per FGA then James does with a FTr of .441 vs. .421 for James.  Dwight Howard has an absolutely amazing FTr of .805, does he get special treatment?  Our very own Isaiah Thomas for his career is .393, however his first 3 seasons were all well below that and in Boston he has been .424 (or slightly higher than James' career average).  Does he get special treatment?  James Harden .547, Demarcus Cousins .455, and Kevin Durant .422 (he was .426 in OKC), do they get special treatment?  Or maybe a lesser offensive player like Rudy Gobert and his career FTr of .741 gets special treatment.

I mean using total number of FTA as some sort of gauge for a player getting special treatment, and then ignoring both the amount of FGA and the FTr, is just silly.   
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593

and this:

and these

Did Paul Pierce get special treatment?  I mean Pierce has more FTA per FGA then James does with a FTr of .441 vs. .421 for James.  Dwight Howard has an absolutely amazing FTr of .805, does he get special treatment?  Our very own Isaiah Thomas for his career is .393, however his first 3 seasons were all well below that and in Boston he has been .424 (or slightly higher than James' career average).  Does he get special treatment?  James Harden .547, Demarcus Cousins .455, and Kevin Durant .422 (he was .426 in OKC), do they get special treatment?  Or maybe a lesser offensive player like Rudy Gobert and his career FTr of .741 gets special treatment.

I mean using total number of FTA as some sort of gauge for a player getting special treatment, and then ignoring both the amount of FGA and the FTr, is just silly.

And highlight videos of missed calls do nothing to show special treatment.

Here's a collection of some missed travels as bad as or even worse than LeBron's.

Doesn't really look like special treatment to me when it happens for everybody, stars and scrubs alike.

If you think it happens only for LeBron, it's either because your only scrutinizing LeBron, or fail to realize that the guy whose played by far the most regular season + playoff minutes since he came into the league (7,495 more than the next closest player since 2003, that's over 2 full seasons at 40mpg), is constantly featured in nationally televised games, and tends to have the ball in his hands, is going to have more missed calls in his favor just by simple law of averages, no additional special treatment needed.

Not saying star calls never happen, but free throws disparity as presented and few random no-calls definitely don't show it.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class