Author Topic: Curry mocks Bron Bron at wedding/Kyrie laughs/no respect anymore for the King?  (Read 6238 times)

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
Lol at Steph. Lebron dominated his 73 win team,...

Then there’s reality: Lebron loses his 3rd straight Final if the league office doesn't suspend out of politics the Warriors best defender (this year’s DPOY) and 2 way player, in the closeout game; the likes of which has never happened in NBA Finals or MLB World Series history.  Then it took Kyrie's winning shot to win the 7th game, Lebron isn't a closer.  The Warriors getting Durant may have been part Karma.

Politics? Green is the dirtiest player in the NBA. He absolutely deserved the suspension.

Where was Green in Games 6 and 7?

There’s no game 6 or 7 after you lose 4. He had to play it safe in game 6 due to the possibility of the same retroactive league office bs happening again.  Sounds like you missed 7. Green's  stats: 47 minutes  32 PTS (Game high scorer)  11-15 FG  6-8 3pt  15 REB  9 AST  2 STL. Game MVP. 

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393

Then there’s reality: Lebron loses his 3rd straight Final if the league office doesn't suspend out of politics the Warriors best defender (this year’s DPOY) and 2 way player, in the closeout game; the likes of which has never happened in NBA Finals or MLB World Series history.  Then it took Kyrie's winning shot to win the 7th game, Lebron isn't a closer.  The Warriors getting Durant may have been part Karma.

Politics? Green is the dirtiest player in the NBA. He absolutely deserved the suspension.

Roy I have to ask you this. Do you think if the Cavs were up 3-1 when Green had the same mini spat with Lebron he still would have been suspended? I honestly do not think he would have been. It really seemed like the league should have suspended him in the OKC Thunder series, but did not want to with Golden State down in the series. I think Adam Silver is doing a solid job overall but the way that was handled and how arbitrary it was reminded me of Roger Goodell.

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392

Roy I have to ask you this. Do you think if the Cavs were up 3-1 when Green had the same mini spat with Lebron he still would have been suspended? I honestly do not think he would have been. It really seemed like the league should have suspended him in the OKC Thunder series, but did not want to with Golden State down in the series. I think Adam Silver is doing a solid job overall but the way that was handled and how arbitrary it was reminded me of Roger Goodell.

They would have suspended him.

Remember, the league suspended Amare and Diaw for standing up on the bench and taking a step beyond the line when there was an on-court altercation. During the era when the Suns were the darlings of the league and when the Spurs were killing ratings with their methodical play.

- LilRip

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Remember, the league suspended Amare and Diaw for standing up on the bench and taking a step beyond the line when there was an on-court altercation. During the era when the Suns were the darlings of the league and when the Spurs were killing ratings with their methodical play.

There was a heck of a lot more of a gray area on what is a flagrant foul and what isn't and what warrants a suspension and doesn't (Heck 50% of games they have a video review about it and debate the play for 5 minutes). The rule was pretty black and white about going on the court and not really open to debate so the situations are completely different.

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30

Jerry Stackhouse is the only other player to have been suspended in the NBA Finals (2006). In that case, he (a bench player) committed a hard foul on Shaq as Shaq was going to the basket. He was given a flagrant 1 in the game. The next day the league office upgraded it to a 2.

In the case with Green and Lebron, where Lebron knocked him down, stepped over and sort of teabagged him, no foul was called on either of them in the game. Only because James lobbied for the suspension after the game, and had his b^&*# reporter Chris Broussard tell the world Green called him a b#$%^ for what he did, did he get suspended.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 04:14:38 PM by alley oop »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Jerry Stackhouse is the only other player to have been suspended in the NBA Finals (2006). In that case, he (a bench player) committed a hard foul on Shaq as Shaq was going to the basket. He was given a flagrant 1 in the game. The next day the league office upgraded it to a 2.

In the case with Green and Lebron, where Lebron knocked him down, stepped over and sort of teabagged him, no foul was called on either of them in the game. Only because James lobbied for the suspension after the game, and had his b^&*# reporter Chris Broussard tell the world Green called him a b#$%^ for what he did, did he get suspended.

Yeah this was not the greatest moment for the NBA in terms of consistency and doing things above board. I don't think any one would like it if the league started doing this more often suspending and penalizing players because they felt they got off too easy for earlier actions.

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Draymond Green wasn't suspended for the interaction with James, he was suspended because he is a dirty player that kept getting flagrant fouls called on him and had multiple ones where he intentionally made contact with refs or opposing players.

And just to recap.  In the Portland series, Green swung wildly and "inadvertently" made contact with the ref, who required medical treatment.  Flagrant 1 - 1 point.  In the OKC series, Green pretty clearly intentionally kicked Adams in the groin.  Flagrant 2 - 2 points.  And then in the Finals, Green pretty clearly intentionally hit James in the groin.  Flagrant 1 - 1 point.  4 points total = 1 game suspension.  Green also avoided what could have been a Flagrant 1 against Kanter in the OKC series, which would have led to a suspension and him missing game 5 in that series and then him missing 2 games in the Cleveland series if he committed the flagrant on James (since a flagrant when sitting on 4 points is a 2 game suspension).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Meh, people have no sense of humor.

I think it's more then that.  I don't think they like each other at all and It shows through actions.  I'm not a fan of Curry.  I never have been and never will be.  He is as entitled as they come.  That whole Golden State team seems to have that entitled swagger and it's not a good look.  Too bad the Cavs couldn't trade Irving for Klay.  Then Curry and Irving can man crush all they want.  I don't dislike Bron except when the C's play him.  It's a different day and age when everything you do can be put on social media.  No matter how you look at it Bron is a good role model for kids.    He does a lot in the Cleveland/Akron community.
Hold on, so Curry is "entitled" but Lebron isn't?
Peace through Tyranny

Offline RIPRED

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63
jpotter, in the "Irving Not Talking to Cavs" thread brought up this incident yesterday in an Instagram post. Here is a more detailed report.

http://deadspin.com/kyrie-irving-spotted-in-video-of-steph-curry-mocking-le-1797375207

At Harrison Barnes wedding, Curry mocks Bron Bron, mimicking him and his Cav teammate laughs along with the Curry mockery of his own teammate.

I have never been a fan of Bron Bron (and never will root for him unless he becomes a Celt) due to his incredible entitlement and self-aggrandizing. From his throwing that stupid powder in the air to call more attention to himself, to referring to himself as "The King", tatting himself "The Chosen One" in HUGe letters across the top of his back and in general acting like a petulant, spoiled, controlling child have all sickened me to him and his persona. Classless.

That being said, I think that Curry and Irving are both pretty classless here too. To publicly mock an opponent like Curry did could ALMOST be understood, especially given the heat of their rivalry for the past three years. But for Irving to be part of this regarding a teammate is pretty sad.

I guess that one could argue that Bron Bron has brought this on himself. It also suggests that his subjects , especially the younger ones, don't fear him anymore (maybe feeling that he lacks the mental toughness and heart) and many don't like him or even respect him.

They were not publicly mocking Lebron. They were at a private wedding and somebody recorded Curry, probably without him knowing. It's a complete non issue. I don't see any reason why anyone other than Lebron or the Cavs should be upset about this.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Lebron ....

" I need a Snickers Bar "

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
jpotter, in the "Irving Not Talking to Cavs" thread brought up this incident yesterday in an Instagram post. Here is a more detailed report.

http://deadspin.com/kyrie-irving-spotted-in-video-of-steph-curry-mocking-le-1797375207

At Harrison Barnes wedding, Curry mocks Bron Bron, mimicking him and his Cav teammate laughs along with the Curry mockery of his own teammate.

I have never been a fan of Bron Bron (and never will root for him unless he becomes a Celt) due to his incredible entitlement and self-aggrandizing. From his throwing that stupid powder in the air to call more attention to himself, to referring to himself as "The King", tatting himself "The Chosen One" in HUGe letters across the top of his back and in general acting like a petulant, spoiled, controlling child have all sickened me to him and his persona. Classless.

That being said, I think that Curry and Irving are both pretty classless here too. To publicly mock an opponent like Curry did could ALMOST be understood, especially given the heat of their rivalry for the past three years. But for Irving to be part of this regarding a teammate is pretty sad.

I guess that one could argue that Bron Bron has brought this on himself. It also suggests that his subjects , especially the younger ones, don't fear him anymore (maybe feeling that he lacks the mental toughness and heart) and many don't like him or even respect him.

They were not publicly mocking Lebron. They were at a private wedding and somebody recorded Curry, probably without him knowing. It's a complete non issue. I don't see any reason why anyone other than Lebron or the Cavs should be upset about this.

Nowadays, two or more people with a cell phone in the room is "in public".

Come to think of it, sadly, one person alone with a cell and social media can be "in public".

Call the wedding "private" if you want, meaning only invitees, but anything you do there, especially for celebrities, is done in front of people and technically "in public".

Definition:"in view of other people; when others are present."
https://www.google.com/search?q=in+public+definition&oq=in+public+definition&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0j0i22i30k1l3.20715.24152.0.24717.11.11.0.0.0.0.100.954.10j1.11.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.11.952...0i67k1.DyPGUWgf_Fw

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
The "king" never had my respect, but I hate Steph Curry and those bunch of nut-kicking punks and snakes.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

There’s no game 6 or 7 after you lose 4. He had to play it safe in game 6 due to the possibility of the same retroactive league office bs happening again.  Sounds like you missed 7. Green's  stats: 47 minutes  32 PTS (Game high scorer)  11-15 FG  6-8 3pt  15 REB  9 AST  2 STL. Game MVP.

And the Warriors still lost.

Thus, the question "where was Green?"  He was playing, and the Warriors lost. Just like they probably do in Game 4, because Lebron was destroying their entire team.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Oh, it's completely arbitrary. The league, for whatever reason, has decided to coddle Green, the dirtiest player in years. I'm sure they would have let him skate again if the series were lopsided in the Cavs favor.

He deserved the suspension though.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Not like LeBron ever gets bail out calls or is allowed to travel, eh?   There is a set of rules for most and a set of rules to promote the King. I get it the stars get calls but it is borderline ridiculous for LeBron.

1.   LeBron James   8752
2.   Paul Pierce   8578
3.   Dwight Howard   8255
4.   Dirk Nowitzki   8081
5.   Carmelo Anthony   7075
6.   Dwyane Wade   7041
7.   Pau Gasol   6062
8.   Vince Carter   5950
9.   Kevin Durant   5596
10.   Chris Bosh   5591

Wow the big three of MIA in active players leaders who would have ever thought that with LeBron with the most.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/fta_active.html