Author Topic: 2018 Win Totals O/U  (Read 968 times)

2018 Win Totals O/U
« on: July 31, 2017, 11:54:57 AM »

Offline CelticSince83

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Finally got around to doing my comprehensive review on 17-18 team win totals.  Haven't seen the totals posted in a while and am guessing that they will unfortunately change once books start offering them again.  If they stay where they were a couple weeks ago though, these were/ are going to be my picks:

OVER:
Washington 46.5
Charlotte 40.5
Utah 37.5
Denver 43.5
Sacramento 30.5

UNDER:
Detroit 40.5
Atlanta 34.5
Orlando 34.5

Am I missing any good picks? 

Re: 2018 Win Totals O/U
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 12:01:10 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Atlanta is the only one that makes sense to me.  I think the others you have there are pretty far from a safe bet. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 12:12:55 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Finally got around to doing my comprehensive review on 17-18 team win totals.  Haven't seen the totals posted in a while and am guessing that they will unfortunately change once books start offering them again.  If they stay where they were a couple weeks ago though, these were/ are going to be my picks:

OVER:
Washington 46.5
Charlotte 40.5
Utah 37.5
Denver 43.5
Sacramento 30.5

UNDER:
Detroit 40.5
Atlanta 34.5
Orlando 34.5

I would definitely take the under on the Lakers if its over 30 wins. They might be worse than last year.

I'm not buying the Hawks will be fighting it out for League Worst. Great coaching, still have Schroder, Plumlee, Dedmon, Ilyasova, Bazemore, Prince. Their floor is 33-34 wins IMHO..

Orlando is also better than 35 wins. Ross, Gordon, Vucevic, Fournier, Simmons, Speights, Afflalo. Not understanding why everyone thinks these teams will be down there with the Nets.

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 12:18:28 PM »

Offline CelticSince83

• Jaylen Brown

OVER:
Washington 46.5
Charlotte 40.5
Utah 37.5
Denver 43.5
Sacramento 30.5

UNDER:
Detroit 40.5
Atlanta 34.5
Orlando 34.5

I would definitely take the under on the Lakers if its over 30 wins. They might be worse than last year.

I'm not buying the Hawks will be fighting it out for League Worst. Great coaching, still have Schroder, Plumlee, Dedmon, Ilyasova, Bazemore, Prince. Their floor is 33-34 wins IMHO..

Orlando is also better than 35 wins. Ross, Gordon, Vucevic, Fournier, Simmons, Speights, Afflalo. Not understanding why everyone thinks these teams will be down there with the Nets.

The Lakers were last listed at 32.5.  They lost a ton of games tanking last year to save their pick though, which won't be the case this year.  Would be lying if I said the UNDER didn't still cross my mind.......

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 12:21:59 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

OVER:
Washington 46.5
Charlotte 40.5
Utah 37.5
Denver 43.5
Sacramento 30.5

UNDER:
Detroit 40.5
Atlanta 34.5
Orlando 34.5

The Lakers were last listed at 32.5.  They lost a ton of games tanking last year to save their pick though, which won't be the case this year.  Would be lying if I said the UNDER didn't still cross my mind.......

They didn't tank. They were just awful. Worst defense in the league, which usually means about 20 wins. Unless you think their defense will drastically improve, I'd say the 32.5 reflects the Vegas belief that there is a Lonzo hype-bubble out there that is overestimating the Lakers in the betting markets..

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2017, 12:30:16 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

OVER:
Washington 46.5
Charlotte 40.5
Utah 37.5
Denver 43.5
Sacramento 30.5

UNDER:
Detroit 40.5
Atlanta 34.5
Orlando 34.5

I really can't see the Hawks floor at 33 wins.  I think they easily could be down there with the Nets as they have a bunch of 5th starter/role player type players and a collection of them just doesn't have the makings of anything other than a bad team.  I mean just don't see how the Hawks are appreciably better than a team of Lin, Russell, Crabbe, Mozgov, Carroll, RHJ, Booker, LaVert, Kilpatrick, etc. 

Orlando should have been better than 29 wins last year though.  I just don't see them as a better team than last year and frankly a bunch of those guys you listed aren't better than what the Nets have either. 

I just see the Nets, Hawks, Magic, and Bulls as the 4 worst teams in the East and all in the 20-29 win range. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2017, 12:34:44 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

OVER:
Washington 46.5
Charlotte 40.5
Utah 37.5
Denver 43.5
Sacramento 30.5

UNDER:
Detroit 40.5
Atlanta 34.5
Orlando 34.5

I really can't see the Hawks floor at 33 wins.  I think they easily could be down there with the Nets as they have a bunch of 5th starter/role player type players and a collection of them just doesn't have the makings of anything other than a bad team.  I mean just don't see how the Hawks are appreciably better than a team of Lin, Russell, Crabbe, Mozgov, Carroll, RHJ, Booker, LaVert, Kilpatrick, etc. 

Orlando should have been better than 29 wins last year though.  I just don't see them as a better team than last year and frankly a bunch of those guys you listed aren't better than what the Nets have either. 

I just see the Nets, Hawks, Magic, and Bulls as the 4 worst teams in the East and all in the 20-29 win range.

LOL the Nets O/U is 20 wins, just like last year. Every projection I've seen has the Nets as far worse than the Hawks or Magic. It won't even be close.

Don't get me wrong, the Magic and Hawks will struggle, but they won't be less than 20-wins bad like the Nets. The Nets could be one of the worst teams ever assembled.

Bulls I just don't get either. Is Wade just going to sit on the bench until he maybe gets bought out or traded? He's going to have to actually play to have any value to another team, and play well. Bulls will get more than 30 just from Wade alone.

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2017, 01:35:07 PM »

Offline CelticSince83

• Jaylen Brown

OVER:
Washington 46.5
Charlotte 40.5
Utah 37.5
Denver 43.5
Sacramento 30.5

UNDER:
Detroit 40.5
Atlanta 34.5
Orlando 34.5

LOL the Nets O/U is 20 wins, just like last year. Every projection I've seen has the Nets as far worse than the Hawks or Magic. It won't even be close.

Don't get me wrong, the Magic and Hawks will struggle, but they won't be less than 20-wins bad like the Nets. The Nets could be one of the worst teams ever assembled.

Bulls I just don't get either. Is Wade just going to sit on the bench until he maybe gets bought out or traded? He's going to have to actually play to have any value to another team, and play well. Bulls will get more than 30 just from Wade alone.

I have to disagree that a team gets 30 wins just from Wade alone in 2017-2018.