Poll

Bledsoe + Josh Jacskon for Irving

Cavs
23 (42.6%)
Suns
31 (57.4%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Who would win this trade between the Cavs and Suns? For Irving (Rumor)(poll)  (Read 8877 times)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Its already circulating (rumors) that Lebum has been speaking with his old pal James Jones (New Pres of Suns) about the availability of xyz

The two names that keep popping up are Bledsoe and Josh Jackson.

Trade possibility

To Cavs: Bledsoe, Jackson
To Suns: Irving

Cavs prob want a pick also included...but right now Jackson is said to be not available (for now...)

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Too much for Kyrie. He won't fetch that kind of value.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
If I were Phoenix, I doubt I'd be willing to give up the recent top pick and a future first, especially since I doubt Kyrie stays there long term.

On the other hand, I don't know if Cleveland would want Bledsoe, who is incredibly injury prone (averages about 60 games per year), and Jackson is no sure thing. This deal would hurt their chances this year immensely.

'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline nebist

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 67
The Suns don't want to include Jackson but that is fair value for Kyrie. One mediocre/solid starting pg and one blue chip but unproven prospect. 

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
If I were Phoenix, I doubt I'd be willing to give up the recent top pick and a future first, especially since I doubt Kyrie stays there long term.

On the other hand, I don't know if Cleveland would want Bledsoe, who is incredibly injury prone (averages about 60 games per year), and Jackson is no sure thing. This deal would hurt their chances this year immensely.

Bledsoe , rose and lebron are working out together
I think lebron wouldnt mind playing with Bledsoe

He has been injured so thats why Jackson would need to be included. But when healthy Bledsoe is as every bit good as Kyrie imo. Better defensivley also

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I haven't been keeping up with the circus, but serious question, is LeBron being recognized as acting GM?
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Seems like a fair trade but I give the edge to the Cavs since I don't know Kyrie's willingness to resign with the Suns.
- LilRip

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Too much for Kyrie. He won't fetch that kind of value.

I feel the opposite. Phoenix is basically trading .85 (Bledsoe) and .80 (Jackson) for around 93 cents. In basketball, the team getting the top talent is usually winning the trade.

I guess this all is determined by your view of Jackson. If you think he will be Kawhi Leonard, then you trade Irving for him. I don't think that Jackson will be that good, so I'm fine with Irving.

That being said, there would have to be another shoe to drop for Phoenix if they're trading young pieces to contend now. A veteran wing would be necessary, in my opinion.

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
That trade is about even.  Makes the Cavs worse this year, but not appreciably worse, but they get a potential difference making rookie at some point down the road.  Obviously they would rather keep Irving, but that ship has sailed and that would be a pretty good trade for them given that.

Suns get the star they have been trying to land for years and have 2 seasons to convince him to stay (which he might if Booker, Chriss, Bender, etc. keep developing). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I don't even like Kyrie and that's a no brainer win for the Suns.

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
This is a dream scenario for the Cavs. If Bledsoe stays healthy (big if), the Cavs should be able to roll through all non-Cs EC opponents. Bledose is also friends with Lebron so there should be [at least some kind of] chemistry right away.

Josh Jackson is a top level prospect. He alone could be the centerpiece of a deal - adding in Bledsoe makes this a slam dunk for the Cavs - which is why this won't be offered.

Btw, surprised to see the poll even so far.

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Honestly cant decide because the trade leaves both teams potentially further from winning a championship.

Cavs, I think a healthy Bledsoe is a better fit at PG next to Lebron. He is a down grade offensively but is better on defense and on the boards. Trading Irving for Bledsoe and signing Rose leaves the Cavs with two glass point guards to try to nurse through the season. Adding Jackson is a huge talent grab but i'm not sure he will be able to contribute on a high level this season and his shot may hurt their spacing. Long term Jackson could really benefit for playing on a winning team. However what happens when/if lebron jumps ship and Jackson is left in a Cleveland dumpster fire?

Suns, they get a younger healthier star PG but does he really move the needle for this franchise? When factoring offense and defense debatable how much better Irving is then Bledsoe. He would be joining a roster of talented players who are early in their careers who are not fare enough along in their development to make a push for the playoffs. This is a trade that may net more wins based of off Irving playing more games but in the end that might just be the difference between having the 10th pick in the 2018 draft instead of the 3rd pick. Moving a talent like Jackson this early is also a very dangerous idea. Most people seem to think he at least will hit a ceiling of a low level allstar. He also on paper is a great wing partner for Booker.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I really can't figure out why the Suns wouldn't do the trade if the reports are true that were willing to trade Bledsoe and 4 for Love on draft night.  I mean unless they like Love more than irving, which just seems strange.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
If the Suns think Jackson will be a star, they can't do the trade, much less throw in a potential high #1 on top of it.

Kyrie's a malcontent. They can't trust he'll resign. 2 years of KI isn't worth a rookie you think will be a star, and from the sound of it, they really wanted Jackson.

If I were running Phoenix, I'd pass on this trade and focus on seeing if I could build around Booker and Jackson.

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
I mean to me the Suns easily win that trade. Bledsoe has struggled with injury his whole career. Jackson is hardly going to go to the top of the rotation in Cleveland but at least he provides something for after Lebron is gone.

The only reason I wouldn't do it as the Suns is if I thought Irving would leave when his contract is up because they won't be ready to compete before that.