Author Topic: Only two point guards have ever scored 25+ pot on 60% TS or better - Curry & IT  (Read 1177 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
In total, it has only been done three times - Thomas's and Curry's 2016-17 campaigns, and Curry's 2015-16. If you count Harden as a point guard, he has also done it three times. If you expand to guards in general only Michael Jordan and Harden are added to the list. It's interesting the way the league is trending and now there's such an emphasis on scoring efficiently and not just scoring with high volume

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
And another telling thing about the game today is none of those three current players are considered good defenders but many consider them to be top 15 or better players.

Defense has been eclipsed by offense.

Does it help the argument for dealing for Irving and having him play SG with IT at the PG spot?

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548
How many PG's have scored 25 ppg? I know Irving did last year as well and Westbrook and Iverson did it a number of times but how many others have actually done it in the three point era (so a guy like Tiny Archibald I'm not counting since he scored the points without three pointers).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
How many PG's have scored 25 ppg? I know Irving did last year as well and Westbrook and Iverson did it a number of times but how many others have actually done it in the three point era (so a guy like Tiny Archibald I'm not counting since he scored the points without three pointers).

http://bkref.com/tiny/3tN32

Rose
Harden
Westbrook
Lillard
Iverson
Kyrie
Michael Adams
World B. Free
Arenas

That's all since 1979-80.

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548

http://bkref.com/tiny/3tN32

Rose
Harden
Westbrook
Lillard
Iverson
Kyrie
Michael Adams
World B. Free
Arenas

That's all since 1979-80.
thanks. I figured it wasn't that many so the stat didn't mean all that much.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
Our own Tiny Archibald did it a few times, though not as a Celtic.