Author Topic: The Celtics are set if they get a top 3 pick next year  (Read 4242 times)

Re: The Celtics are set if they get a top 3 pick next year
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2017, 09:14:12 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Porter is the only guy that looks to be a superstar level prospect. Ayton is great for a team with the need for a big. Bama seems like a DeAndre Jordan type. Bagley is nice if he joins in. I'd consider him a bigger Josh Jackson. Hopefully it's more great luck and they get Porter and Ayton.
If you consider Bagley a "bigger Josh Jackson" then I don't think you've been paying much attention to him. He's the best prospect in both the classes of 2018 and 2019.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2017, 11:19:41 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Porter is the only guy that looks to be a superstar level prospect. Ayton is great for a team with the need for a big. Bama seems like a DeAndre Jordan type. Bagley is nice if he joins in. I'd consider him a bigger Josh Jackson. Hopefully it's more great luck and they get Porter and Ayton.
If you consider Bagley a "bigger Josh Jackson" then I don't think you've been paying much attention to him. He's the best prospect in both the classes of 2018 and 2019.
I have been watching and far more than highlights. Porter is a lot better.

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2017, 11:24:24 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
I have been watching and far more than highlights. Porter is a lot better.

This year of big college ball will tell a lot. Personally I'd take either one and Doncic and get prepped for a dynasty with Doncic/Brown/Tatum/Porter or Bagley/Zizic

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2017, 11:55:24 PM »

Online green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320

Bagley is supposed to be a skilled PF. Jackson is athletic, so I guess they have that in common.

I'm so happy that Danny passed on Jackson and went with  a shooter like Tatum.

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2017, 01:43:41 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Someone on another board came up with this idea:

Get 1 & 2, take Bagley. Danny trades down again from 2 to 3 (or 4) to get one of the bigs (whoever left between bamba and Ayton) he had 2nd on his board & a 2019 pick for another shot at another top 5 pick in 2019.

it would be crazy if the Brooklyn trade ends up being a never ending revolving door of annual lotto picks   

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2017, 04:47:35 AM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
I don't think we'll ever find another gm dumb enough to trade an extra lottery pick to move up 2 spots.

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2017, 07:32:52 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
I don't think we'll ever find another gm dumb enough to trade an extra lottery pick to move up 2 spots.

IDK we keep finding them. King, Colangelo. They're out there.

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2017, 07:33:36 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Someone on another board came up with this idea:

Get 1 & 2, take Bagley. Danny trades down again from 2 to 3 (or 4) to get one of the bigs (whoever left between bamba and Ayton) he had 2nd on his board & a 2019 pick for another shot at another top 5 pick in 2019.

it would be crazy if the Brooklyn trade ends up being a never ending revolving door of annual lotto picks

I'd move down, take Doncic at 3 or 4, but sure why not lol..