Author Topic: The Celtics are set if they get a top 3 pick next year  (Read 4204 times)

The Celtics are set if they get a top 3 pick next year
« on: July 30, 2017, 11:42:27 AM »

Offline dweeks7

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 1
As it looks right now, There could be 3 transcendent players with possibly more. The three transcendent players to me are Marvin Bagley (I read this morning where he applied to be reclassified so he can play college ball this year and he will be a stud based off of the games I watched him play), DeAndre Ayton-Can shoot, rebound, and block shots (He may be the best fit for the Celtics and probably my favorite), Michael Porter-He may be comparable to Durant. (All around game and a stud from all three levels).

Bamba and Doncic may be transcendent players and you never know who else may rise up like Knox (watched and read exciting things about him) and maybe Sexton. Things can change a lot in a year so who knows what changes will take place but if everything lines up the Celtics could be a super team in 2 or 3 years.

Here is what I hope happens:

Center-DeAndre Ayton averaging 20 points and 12 rebounds with a couple of blocks
Power Forward-Jayson Tatum averaging 23 points and 9 rebounds with good defense
Small Forward-Gordon Hayward averaging 21 points and 7 rebounds and 7 assist
Shooting guard-Jaylen Brown averaging 14 points and 5 rebounds with good defense
Point Guard-Marcus Smart averaging 13 points and 8 assists with lock down defense

Bench-Zizic, Rozier, Ojeleye, other first round picks

Obviously this is 2 to 4 years in the future and I'm dreaming and I am assuming a lot of changes such as Isaiah no longer on the team but the future looks bright.

Re: The Celtics are set if they get a top 3 pick next year
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 01:02:28 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Porter is the only guy that looks to be a superstar level prospect. Ayton is great for a team with the need for a big. Bama seems like a DeAndre Jordan type. Bagley is nice if he joins in. I'd consider him a bigger Josh Jackson. Hopefully it's more great luck and they get Porter and Ayton.

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 01:08:03 PM »

Offline dweeks7

• Jordan Walsh
The articles I have been reading think Bagley would be the number one pick over Porter if he comes out. Of course when they get their first year college ball behind them all that could change. I do like your idea of getting both Porter and Ayton. That would be incredible and I could see multiple championships with those 2 players added. 

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 01:16:50 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
As it looks right now, There could be 3 transcendent players with possibly more. The three transcendent players to me are Marvin Bagley (I read this morning where he applied to be reclassified so he can play college ball this year and he will be a stud based off of the games I watched him play), DeAndre Ayton-Can shoot, rebound, and block shots (He may be the best fit for the Celtics and probably my favorite), Michael Porter-He may be comparable to Durant. (All around game and a stud from all three levels).

Bamba and Doncic may be transcendent players and you never know who else may rise up like Knox (watched and read exciting things about him) and maybe Sexton. Things can change a lot in a year so who knows what changes will take place but if everything lines up the Celtics could be a super team in 2 or 3 years.

Here is what I hope happens:

Center-DeAndre Ayton averaging 20 points and 12 rebounds with a couple of blocks
Power Forward-Jayson Tatum averaging 23 points and 9 rebounds with good defense
Small Forward-Gordon Hayward averaging 21 points and 7 rebounds and 7 assist
Shooting guard-Jaylen Brown averaging 14 points and 5 rebounds with good defense
Point Guard-Marcus Smart averaging 13 points and 8 assists with lock down defense

Bench-Zizic, Rozier, Ojeleye, other first round picks

Obviously this is 2 to 4 years in the future and I'm dreaming and I am assuming a lot of changes such as Isaiah no longer on the team but the future looks bright.

Ayton wouldn't average 15 points in that lineup. You're thinking of an NBA from 15 years ago that was center dominated.

And I see Yabs as our starting power forward and small ball center in future.

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 01:37:16 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Won't matter. Ainge will just flip the BKN pick for another pick.   :'(

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2017, 02:12:35 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
That draft is going to be fun. I'm way more pumped for any of those top 5 than I am about fultz

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2017, 02:52:38 PM »

Offline BostonClamCrowdah

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 14
Yeah I remember when Wiggins and Parker were the next Lebrun and Jordan

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2017, 02:57:55 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Would be chill if we got 2 tho
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2017, 03:18:13 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

That could actually happen if the Lakers' pick also falls 2-5. Unless Thomas takes a significant paycut, the Celtics go deep in the luxury tax very quickly. They can't really afford top picks with ditto salary.

The situation is pretty difficult. It's like we are buiding two teams, a core to win now and a group to set up for the future. There just isn't enough cap space to keep on doing this.

The contract of Horford is untradeable, but trading Crowder, Morris and Smart will make us a very young team and probably means a step back in the short term, which I'm not sure our stars find acceptable.

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2017, 05:03:39 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111

That could actually happen if the Lakers' pick also falls 2-5. Unless Thomas takes a significant paycut, the Celtics go deep in the luxury tax very quickly. They can't really afford top picks with ditto salary.

The situation is pretty difficult. It's like we are buiding two teams, a core to win now and a group to set up for the future. There just isn't enough cap space to keep on doing this.

The contract of Horford is untradeable, but trading Crowder, Morris and Smart will make us a very young team and probably means a step back in the short term, which I'm not sure our stars find acceptable.

Smart is gone either way of we pay IT. Morris is prob a rental. I don't see the big feal

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2017, 05:06:26 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
Starters averaging more than 90 points per game... seems too much. No bench, no championship.

But I wish we ended up with Ayton if he meets the earrly college expectations.

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2017, 06:02:49 PM »

Offline dweeks7

• Jordan Walsh
Golden State's starters averaged 88 points a game. Of course we are not Golden State but hopefully Boston will have a high powered offense with so much talent on the floor.

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2017, 06:22:30 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I hope we have two top six picks, it would be just what the doctor ordered!

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2017, 07:06:50 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Porter is the only guy that looks to be a superstar level prospect. Ayton is great for a team with the need for a big. Bama seems like a DeAndre Jordan type. Bagley is nice if he joins in. I'd consider him a bigger Josh Jackson. Hopefully it's more great luck and they get Porter and Ayton.

Got some good news for you on Bagley – watch some of the highlight reels. There's a lot they can't tell you, but one thing they can tell you right away is that his jumpshot isn't a nightmare like Josh Jackson's. Hard to know whether he's a plus shooter – it's too easy for him to get to the rim against high school comp – but I'll be very surprised if he's as bad as shooter as Jackson. Also looks to have more wiggle  and body control  in his drives.

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2017, 08:40:21 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
considering he has taken a player each of the past 3 years based upon nets' picks, i have no idea what your point is here.  ???
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva