Author Topic: DeAngelo Russell: "Brooklyn is more organized than the lakers"  (Read 1265 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
This was stated on Adrian Wojnarowski's "The Woj Pod" on 7/26 starting around the 14:00 minute mark ( https://art19.com/shows/thewojpod" )

Woj then asked

You're better in the structure?

D'Lo

Obviously, I think, especially when you're a young player and you got this structure, you definitely thrive in that. You know, cause it's what you come from: you come from high school with structure, you come from college with structure then you go to the NBA and you got no structure, it's different. But then when you come into a structured situation it's different too. We'll see

Re: DeAngelo Russell: "Brooklyn is more organized than the lakers"
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 02:35:00 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
This was stated on Adrian Wojnarowski's "The Woj Pod" on 7/26 starting around the 14:00 minute mark ( https://art19.com/shows/thewojpod" )

Woj then asked

You're better in the structure?

D'Lo

Obviously, I think, especially when you're a young player and you got this structure, you definitely thrive in that. You know, cause it's what you come from: you come from high school with structure, you come from college with structure then you go to the NBA and you got no structure, it's different. But then when you come into a structured situation it's different too. We'll see

The guy is a moron. A very talented moron.

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 02:56:17 AM »

Offline kiwiceltic

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 16
Makes sense to me. Sean Marks is a a product of the Spurs front office production line. Russell is comparing a current Brooklyn set up to the mess he had to put up with in LA.

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 06:28:46 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I'm not sure why he thinks Brooklyn has so much more structure than the Lakers.  Especially on the court, I bet Ball will make the Lakers appear much more structured than Russell will do for the Nets.

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 07:08:32 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
I'm not sure why he thinks Brooklyn has so much more structure than the Lakers.  Especially on the court, I bet Ball will make the Lakers appear much more structured than Russell will do for the Nets.
Remember Russell's rookie season? People were pleasantly surprised with how good he was, there were no regrets from Lakers fans on taking him #2.

Ball will be the same, he'll do quite well, people will rave in the same way they always do but ultimately he'll turn out to be just another point guard in the NBA. Just like all these other guards who get hyped up year after year.. Steph is still the only one that's led his team to a championship, the others have all fallen by the wayside in the playoffs. Paul, Williams, Wall, Rose, Westbrook, Lowry, the list goes on. All good players in their own right but never going to be the one who leads the team to a championship.

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2017, 07:57:39 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Makes sense to me. Sean Marks is a a product of the Spurs front office production line. Russell is comparing a current Brooklyn set up to the mess he had to put up with in LA.
My thoughts exactly. Not surprised at all by this. LA fired most of their senior front office and scouts a few years ago. They were well known for being a badly run organization under Jim Buss and surely have a lot of work left to do to correct that.

Brooklyn may suck on the court but I am certain Sean Marks is putting a structure in place off the court to get the most out of what they do have and will have in the future.

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 08:07:16 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
My thoughts exactly. Not surprised at all by this. LA fired most of their senior front office and scouts a few years ago. They were well known for being a badly run organization under Jim Buss and surely have a lot of work left to do to correct that.

Brooklyn may suck on the court but I am certain Sean Marks is putting a structure in place off the court to get the most out of what they do have and will have in the future.
Plus Kenny Atkinson is well liked and respected by players and has the full backing of the Marks and the rest of the management.  The Nets have been pretty stable the last couple of seasons (though Atkinson is newer). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip