Author Topic: Danny scouting Bamba. What's he thinking in this picture? Caption it  (Read 1951 times)

Re: Danny scouting Bamba. What's he thinking in this picture? Caption it
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2017, 05:36:35 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 189
Who do you guys like better right now: Ayton or Bamba and why?
they're both about equal so far. Most Celtic fans prefer ayton so far but The case for bamba exists. Some mocks have bamba 1 slot higher than ayton. Will be interesting to see how college affects their ranking. They are both elite rebounded and rim protectors so we couldn't go wrong with either
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 05:53:21 PM by CelticsElite »

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2017, 08:08:58 PM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
"I wonder how many picks I could get for him?"

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2017, 10:55:43 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 113
they're both about equal so far. Most Celtic fans prefer ayton so far but The case for bamba exists. Some mocks have bamba 1 slot higher than ayton. Will be interesting to see how college affects their ranking. They are both elite rebounded and rim protectors so we couldn't go wrong with either

Ayton has the worst body language I've seen from a potential top pick since dare I say...Anthony Bennett. His upcoming college season may prove me wrong but right now I would avoid him like the plague.
Two choices - the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The pain of regret hurts a whole lot more.

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2017, 11:03:34 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 124
  • Running in the 00s I WANNA BE THE NIGHT
Imo if I got 1 and 4 in the draft I'm picking Bagley and Bamba, Bamba's measurements and IQ puts him over Ayton in my eyes. Also think of that defense every night.

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2017, 11:46:11 AM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 78

Ayton has the worst body language I've seen from a potential top pick since dare I say...Anthony Bennett. His upcoming college season may prove me wrong but right now I would avoid him like the plague.

This. Love Ayton's body and potential. But he just screams Olowakandi to me for some reason. Miller will kick his butt at Zona this year so we'll see how it goes. Bamba has some of the same knocks but I love his length and I think he has offensive potential..

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2017, 12:12:06 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 184
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners

This. Love Ayton's body and potential. But he just screams Olowakandi to me for some reason. Miller will kick his butt at Zona this year so we'll see how it goes. Bamba has some of the same knocks but I love his length and I think he has offensive potential..
Ayton has a nice jumper and he reminds me of Myles Turner...except longer.

Bamba would actually have the longest wingspan in the NBA by 1/2 an inch on Gobert.

IMO Ayton has shown a legit jumper: step-backs, fade-aways, turn-around, face-up. He has never lifted weights before and is my pick for dark-horse.

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2017, 01:06:47 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 189

I saw a scouting report on ayton that said he was ranked 1 unanimously until midseason when he started to show less competitiveness as if he got comfortable being #1. I personally prefer porter to any of these guys but I do like ayton too . Porter and Ayton know each other well they should be a nice pairing

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2017, 01:33:36 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 203

Ayton has a nice jumper and he reminds me of Myles Turner...except longer.

Bamba would actually have the longest wingspan in the NBA by 1/2 an inch on Gobert.

IMO Ayton has shown a legit jumper: step-backs, fade-aways, turn-around, face-up. He has never lifted weights before and is my pick for dark-horse.

He's been top 3 in mocks all along, and often #1.  Not sure how you can call him a dark-horse.

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2017, 05:29:18 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 41
Deandre Ayton once said he doesn't like to block shots if he thinks he is going to get dunked on.
It's about to be crazy, G.

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2017, 01:17:52 PM »

Offline The One

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 197
"Wow, he's almost as long as a Chipotle burrito!!"