Author Topic: Beginning of the end: Irving not talking to Cavs  (Read 6090 times)

Re: Beginning of the end: Irving not talking to Cavs
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2017, 09:10:21 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Don't know why Irving would be p---ed at the Cavs.  LeBUM leaked it

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2017, 10:20:12 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
if this is true, and if Irving somehow does get traded, then Danny couldn't have played his hand much better than this.

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2017, 10:30:21 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Anyone else getting fatigued with the Irving drama?  I know we are talking about a potential seismic shift in the league, but really the speculation is getting boring.

It is completely the dog days of summer. There really is not anything else to discuss...

Yeah it beats talking about how Crabbe is screwing up our draft pick by leading the Nets to the playoffs...

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2017, 11:37:22 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Is anyone else finding Kyrie Irving is a spoilt little terd? (If these rumors are true).

This guy would rather give up playing for championships because he's the #2/#3 option and go to NY to be the man on a team that won't make the playoffs.

He's apparently delusional.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2017, 12:11:48 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Is anyone else finding Kyrie Irving is a spoilt little terd? (If these rumors are true).

This guy would rather give up playing for championships because he's the #2/#3 option and go to NY to be the man on a team that won't make the playoffs.

I think we realized this in February when it was learned that he thinks the Earth is flat.

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2017, 12:14:10 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
if this is true, and if Irving somehow does get traded, then Danny couldn't have played his hand much better than this.

If he does get traded, I can't see them getting fair value for him, even if they get back a good player and/or assets.

We very well could be favorites in the East.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2017, 06:32:10 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

I think we realized this in February when it was learned that he thinks the Earth is flat.
Absolutely.  And we learned that plenty of Irving fans on this board also show that they are delusional by claiming Irving didn't really mean what he said.

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2017, 08:14:56 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Absolutely.  And we learned that plenty of Irving fans on this board also show that they are delusional by claiming Irving didn't really mean what he said.
He was trolling.  He actually does that type of thing a lot.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2017, 08:33:09 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860

Not disputing the level of petulance but isn't it a bit of a no win situation?  Durant got torched for "ring chasing".  You (and many others) are torching Irving for not wanting to win or some kind of anti-ring-chasing.  I think there is a lot more to this.  It can't be great playing for LeBron in Cleveland only to come in second for the next year or two until LeBron decides to leave.  Plus they leaked on him, violated his trust.  I am trying not to be so quick to judge Irving on this.

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2017, 08:56:36 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I was listening to another show and they said that Rob Parker was on the radio the other day and said that last summer James was pushing for Cleveland to trade Irving for Paul, which Parker said because he wanted to put it out there that there are always two sides to everything and that James has more skin in the game (so to speak) than is currently being reported.  I didn't hear Parker so I have no idea if he was stating that off of reporting, opinion, or something else, but if James did that, Irving's disdain for James would make a lot more sense. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2017, 01:05:34 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Let's check in and see how things are going in Cleveland:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXLJ1DOlPTa/?taken-by=sportsillustrated

Lol I love seeing the Cavs in such disarray and Kyrie so openly mocking James. It's going to be hilarious when we break Lebron's Finals streak next year and he leaves the Cavs once again.

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2017, 01:13:14 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Lol I love seeing the Cavs in such disarray and Kyrie so openly mocking James. It's going to be hilarious when we break Lebron's Finals streak next year and he leaves the Cavs once again.

I just really look forward to Kevin Love's tell-all book.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2017, 03:23:42 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

So Kyrie is making fun of Lebron a week after making a trade demand with one of Lebron's biggest rivals and the team that just beat him. Yet people really think Kyrie is going to play with Lebron again?

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2017, 04:13:08 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Cupcake city.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2017, 06:51:16 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
LeBron James should leave Cavs for Boston, and put the Celtics over the top against GSW. That will be the ultimate revenge.